Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 06-15-2010, 10:30 AM   #71 (permalink)

Keith and Chemda's relationship resulted in a scoreless tie.. and we all lose
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 01:20 PM   #72 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorsleep View Post
I just can't get over the fact that england and US tied. Who the fuck heard of a Tie in a game leading up to the superbowl (I have no idea how soccer works, I assume this is something like playoffs)

Do they just call it at 1v1 so nobody gets their feelings hurt.
The first part of the world cup is a series of 4-team Groups. Each team plays each other team in the same Group, and the two with most points go on to a 16-team single-elimination tournament.

If a team wins in the group matches, they get 3 points, if they draw, each team gets 1 point.

It's very likely that the US and England will go on to win their next games and both end up in the tournament.

(I have a feeling that US will be 2nd place in their group and end up having to play Germany in the first round of the Tournament...eek!)

GO USA!
Old 06-15-2010, 01:23 PM   #73 (permalink)

Btw if you're watching the world cup on a Mac, I recommend this vuvuzela filter:
Free OS X World Cup Vuvuzela Filter « Jetplane Journal
Old 06-15-2010, 02:57 PM   #74 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxquanta View Post
I have a serious question -- what the hell's the deal with "stoppage time"? The game's 90 minutes long, plus whatever the referees feel like adding at the end of that? I don't get it.
google.com
Old 06-15-2010, 04:13 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fluxquanta View Post
Ok, I guess that makes sense. Still seems like when I'm watching it that they aren't strict about anything at all.
In American Football, the clock stops for an injured player, a time out, replays, the clock isn't running until a play starts, etc. etc.

In Soccer, the clock never stops. Until the end of each half, and all the time that, say if it were Football, it would've stopped...it gets added on to the end.

I like it this way, because the momentum of the game doesn't get disturbed.
The two sports are different, so a direct comparison may be unfair...but that's how it was explained to me when at first I was like "wtf?"
Old 06-15-2010, 07:01 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
google.com
HURRRR

Sorry for asking a question that was relevant to the topic of the thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DudeEMETIB View Post
In American Football, the clock stops for an injured player, a time out, replays, the clock isn't running until a play starts, etc. etc.

In Soccer, the clock never stops. Until the end of each half, and all the time that, say if it were Football, it would've stopped...it gets added on to the end.

I like it this way, because the momentum of the game doesn't get disturbed.
The two sports are different, so a direct comparison may be unfair...but that's how it was explained to me when at first I was like "wtf?"
No, it makes sense. I got it after the first response, but thanks anyway.
Old 06-15-2010, 08:47 PM   #77 (permalink)

Ronaldo is probably the worst diver, but this is pretty ridiculous too:

Old 06-15-2010, 10:35 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito View Post

"Ach almost had it!!!"

what... isn't everyone else is living 3 seconds in the past
Old 06-16-2010, 04:50 PM   #79 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I've always thought there should be a game clock that stops whenever there's a stoppage, like they have in rugby league and basketball, so that everyone knows during the game exactly how long there is to play. I guess the ref stops his own watch and that's how the length of stoppage time is decided, but it's not ideal that the audience doesn't get to know the same information until the 45 or 90 minute marks.

Maicon's goal yesterday was a thing of beauty, and just as well, North Korea DPR were defending like demons. That game needed something special and Maicon conjured it up. The upset for Spain today is good, it always makes the tournament more dramatic when a big side loses to an underdog team like that. It's realistically too much to ask that New Zealand does the same to Italy, but a guy can dream for a few days at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incognito View Post

I love that. There should be more of that kind of pisstaking by the players.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:40 PM   #80 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

MEXICO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!