Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 11-21-2012, 04:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Finally getting my KATG tattoo!

I just made an appointment to get my KATG tattoo (also will be my first tattoo) this Saturday in Toronto. I've been wanting to do this for years, and with the major changes and drama that have recently happened in my life, I finally got the guts to go do it. KATG has always been special to me, but the amazing support that the community has shown me through these recent dark times has endeared me to the show and helped me more than words can say.

Plus, I plan to come to the next April 15th show, and I like the idea of wearing my ticket on my body

Right now, I'm pretty sure that I'm going to get a L'Chaim tattoo. If any of you have any other suggestions, feel free to share. My last name is "Lamb" and I've always wanted to get a cool lamb-themed tattoo, but maybe I'll save that for my second one. I'm also into running marathons, so maybe I'll incorporate that as well. The place I'm going to is well known to doing great custom work, so hopefully they'll be able to help me.

Cheers to Sex N Diamonds for helping me find a good tattoo artist.

Looking forward to posting pics of my tatt and me crying while it's being done
Old 11-21-2012, 05:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I was just thinking...L'chaim means, "to life" and video games have always been a big part of my life, so maybe it would be cool to include some life hearts (ala Zelda) or Mario life mushrooms to play off that theme. Basically, I'd like to have something simple but visual to go with the L'chaim text.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 06:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Administrator
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Josh Latta from Lattaland should be able to come up with a cool avatard that incorporates lambs, mushrooms, 1ups, marathons and KATG related bizzo - get that piece of gold tattooed on ya.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw81 View Post
Josh Latta from Lattaland should be able to come up with a cool avatard that incorporates lambs, mushrooms, 1ups, marathons and KATG related bizzo - get that piece of gold tattooed on ya.
I actually commissioned him to do an avatard for me a few weeks ago. Waiting to get it. His art style is a little different than what I'm looking for in my tattoo, but I guess we'll see.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:10 AM   #5 (permalink)

Cant wait to see it!
Old 11-22-2012, 07:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Nice...the ultimate gift back!!
Old 11-23-2012, 12:57 PM   #7 (permalink)

Hey, so I'm going to be in Toronto tomorrow to get my tattoo. If anyone wants to meet up for a drink or something, that would be cool.

Cheers,
Adam
Old 11-24-2012, 04:44 PM   #8 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

Pics of it didn't happen! (Duh... hehe)
Old 11-24-2012, 07:54 PM   #9 (permalink)

It's done!

So, I decided to go with a L'chaim tattoo. I still wanted a graphical element, so, since video games have been an important part of my life, I thought it would be cool to incorporate life hearts (like the ones you see in the Zelda games). The artist did a great job combining them.

This is my first tattoo and is a tribute to KATG, and its community. I cannot express how much your support has meant to me over the past few weeks. I probably wouldn't be alive right now if it weren't for you.

Keith and Chemda; I love you. Thank you so much for everything you've done. I'm honored to carry the symbol of your show and community on my body.

Peace, Love, and Keith and the Girl.

Cheers,
Adam

P.S. I still get to get in free to the April 15th show, right? After my wife takes all my money, I may not be able to afford the cover charge
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Adam_Tattoo_01.jpg (411.2 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Adam_Tattoo_02.jpg (582.6 KB, 1 views)
Old 11-24-2012, 07:57 PM   #10 (permalink)

GOY!