Latest Episode
Play
Old 06-16-2008, 12:56 AM   #121 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
Does anyone have any idea when its coming back? I thought it was an awesome ending to the first half of the season too. Curious to see what happened when it comes back. Oh well, back to finishing the new season of doctor who and then working my way through star trek.
q1 2009
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:15 AM   #122 (permalink)

Intense ending to the first half of the final season. Consider me really intrigued, as long as they don't go all "Planet of the Apes" with "You blew it all up!"
Old 06-16-2008, 01:24 AM   #123 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNJ View Post
Intense ending to the first half of the final season. Consider me really intrigued, as long as they don't go all "Planet of the Apes" with "You blew it all up!"
Man, I was so much waiting for the statue of liberty scene. Wish they had included it!!

I thought it was a great ending, not quite what I expected, thought they would get to earth and the other cylons either be there already, or jump in straight behind them.

Seemed a bit strange that they needed so many drop ships to go down to the planet to see its a wasteland, surely they would be able to see that from orbit.

Overall was pretty good. would have been seriously disappointed if the series ended here though.
Old 06-16-2008, 04:29 AM   #124 (permalink)
Official KATG Fucktard Club

New Caprica was better than Earth. Hot diggity dog.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:39 AM   #125 (permalink)

Location: Reston, VA also can be found in my cubical, because really thats where i live
so now the question is do they start to search around and find more and more things, like strange survivors that have lasted this long?

do the different secs inside of the fleet break up into their own countries hence balltar become jesus and that lore is carried on forever,

they found earth without the 5th cylon, what the fuck is that?

i think tye is able to make babies because he is one of the final 5, something special was done to them, the next question is how the fuck did the final five get created in such a way, is it because they are not perfect that they got kicked or banished from the cylon comunity and they actually are not gods but defects that where kept out for a reason? or where they deep seeded sleeper agents that have yet to fufill their rolls?

if the series just ended like that it would be kind of ok, that sometimes the struggle to get to what you are after is better then what you are actually going after.

very excited!!

now its on to watching 4 season of the wire

you really make me want it - FFC
Old 06-17-2008, 09:06 AM   #126 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Yeah I also did wonder about who the fifth cyon might be. Funny enough though, since the first season (or was it the mini-series) when they decided to go on this quest to find Earth, I kept asking myself, but if they live in a different planet doesn't that mean that Earth is uninhabitable to begin with? I guess my question is pretty much confirmed. But I definitely would like to see where they're going to go from there. Now I'm just looking at Doctor Who and awaiting Eureka and Burn Notice to come back on the air
Old 06-17-2008, 10:10 AM   #127 (permalink)

I think the 5th cylon will have something to do with making the shit ball they landed on somehow bearable. Or it could have been on earth all along.

They say this has all happened before, and will happen again. So the final five might be the last line of human cylon hybrids from that past cycle.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:20 AM   #128 (permalink)

Location: Reston, VA also can be found in my cubical, because really thats where i live
yeah that was my original guess about 3 months ago
Old 06-17-2008, 01:58 PM   #129 (permalink)

I thought that maybe the final 5th was somehow linked to Starbucks 'magical' viper. Frack why do they tease us!

I love me some Katee Sackhoff
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kateeviper.jpg (32.1 KB, 76 views)
Old 06-17-2008, 02:48 PM   #130 (permalink)

I was assuming the final cylon would be found on Earth, since the mass-cylons don't know who it is, and Deanna said he/she (I'm guessing she!) was not in the human fleet. All this time I was wondering what shape Earth would be in when they discovered it, and seriously, this ending did not disappoint. All that gooshy music and smiley tears when they finally arrived HAD to be upended in a massive way - or else it wouldn't be Battlestar!

So I'm assuming we (Earth) killed ourselves off to make that nuclear winter, and it wasn't done by a bunch of rogue cylons who "took care of business" under the radar of the first massive attacks. Frakin' brilliant. You thought New Caprica was bad...