Latest Episode
Play
Old 01-18-2009, 07:12 PM   #171 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnightJared View Post

My guess right now is that Starbuck is a younger "Ellen."
Not a bad idea. I just hate the character of ellen so much, almost as much as roslin, I don't like the idea of her being a key plot point
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:22 PM   #172 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by picard102 View Post
This was the last episode shot before the strike. So if the strike went on too long and the show was canceled as a result, this would have been used as a series finale.
Yeah, but it was meant to be a regular episode--if I remember correctly, if there wasn't a strike, it would have happened in the next week like usual.

Quote:
I don't think the current cylons have had an opportunity to age, they've been around for what, 20-30 years tops? Often dieing and being resurrected, are they in 1 body long enough to age?
If I read right, the human-like Cylons were only recently discovered, that only the members of the Cylon government had any knowledge of the five. So I'm thinking they are a completely different thing from the regular models--as the last episodes show, remnants of this Cylon Earth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brizzlewizzle View Post
Not a bad idea. I just hate the character of ellen so much, almost as much as roslin, I don't like the idea of her being a key plot point
I hear ya--haven't seen any episodes with her, so I can't say either way, but if Starbuck is a younger "Ellen" model, she is seemingly completely different people, much like Boomer and Amprodite or however the hell it's spelled.

Speaking of Ellen: Is there any truth to the stuff that Amagla (I kinow I spelled that wrong--the old commander guy) saying to Tuge true, or was he just egging Tuge to kill him?
Old 01-19-2009, 10:52 AM   #173 (permalink)

http://americancopywriter.typepad.co...placement.html

Thought this was kind of funny.
Old 01-19-2009, 08:23 PM   #174 (permalink)

Quote:
American Copywriter

Thought this was kind of funny.
OMFG That's hilarious.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:08 AM   #175 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

SPOILER ALERT

finally saw the latest episode. I totally thought they were finally gonna say that starbuck was a cylon when they found the other body but then they threw ellen into the mix and now I'm confused. Also, who saw dee blasting out her brains like she did? This feels very much like an episode of Lost right now
Old 01-20-2009, 12:56 PM   #176 (permalink)

I would really not be surprised if Ellen was what Sixes turn into with age. She also used sex as a bargaining tool and to manipulate men, and that's basically the main purpose of the Six model. But then again, Tigh was with Ellen since they were younger, correct? So why wouldn't he have recognized the Sixes as his wife earlier on when they first started appearing amongst the humans on the ships?

I'm starting to think everyone's a cylon. Hybrid shmybrid. We can't even tell the difference. A whole planet of cylons sounds a lot like regular old people to me. They just picked twelve random people to make models from? WTF. So confusing.

The one thing that doesn't confuse me is Dee's suicide (about which I felt bad, cause I was bitching about how I hated her character right before she blew her brains out). People have been reported as being extra happy and carefree in the days before suicide, because they've already made their decision and are at peace with it. That's why she went back to Apollo and was all "One last good time." You'd think there'dve been more suicides in the fleet, however, or at least a mention of it. Yikes.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:21 PM   #177 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
I would really not be surprised if Ellen was what Sixes turn into with age. She also used sex as a bargaining tool and to manipulate men, and that's basically the main purpose of the Six model. But then again, Tigh was with Ellen since they were younger, correct? So why wouldn't he have recognized the Sixes as his wife earlier on when they first started appearing amongst the humans on the ships?
Great minds think alike *virtual highfive*
Old 01-20-2009, 03:04 PM   #178 (permalink)

Funny description of the show on Warren Ellis' blog:

Quote:
* An apparently endless thread about the most recent episode of BATTLESTAR GALACTICA: IN SPACE EVERYONE CAN HEAR YOU FUCKING CRYING.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:00 PM   #179 (permalink)

I think we've been fooled for the last 3 seasons. Maybe Rosilin isn't the dying leader in the prophecy, maybe it's actually Adama who seems to be getting sick all of a sudden.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:02 PM   #180 (permalink)

Woo Hoo! Episode 2 down!

Overall, not as exciting as last week's which is OK by me, but the "Coming up next week" segment blew my fucking mind!

And frankly it seems like Baltar and his group, Adama and Roslyn are all going in for a suicide pact.