Latest Episode
Play
Old 03-03-2009, 05:11 AM   #231 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brizzlewizzle View Post
Skizzbot.. If you liked this, you'll probably like firefly, grab hold of that once battlestar is over.
I think BSG blows away Firefly
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:23 AM   #232 (permalink)

I was never able to get into FireFly either.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:28 AM   #233 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gym_wizard View Post
Either way, I'll give it a try.

Maybe once BSG is over and I want to feel nostalgic I can watch 'Galactica 1980', promptly get pissed, and start watching the new BSG again from the beginning just to get those horrible, horrible images out of my head...

Old 03-03-2009, 11:35 AM   #234 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brizzlewizzle View Post
Skizzbot.. If you liked this, you'll probably like firefly, grab hold of that once battlestar is over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gym_wizard View Post
You can't compare the two. It's like comparing Scrubs with Chicago Hope. Sure they're both Sci-Fi shows, but they are entirely different things. Firefly is like Angel/Buffy in space.

If you like Joss Whedon, there's a very good chance you'll enjoy Firefly. It's goofy, it's fun, it doesn't really go anywhere, but the characters are what make the show. Hence, typical Joss Whedon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizzbot View Post
Maybe once BSG is over and I want to feel nostalgic I can watch 'Galactica 1980', promptly get pissed, and start watching the new BSG again from the beginning just to get those horrible, horrible images out of my head...
Hey, old BSG (the series and the movie) were horrible in a campy way. And when you're watching it, just remember that without that, you wouldn't have the awesomness that is the current BSG.

But yes, it is horrible. There's no denying that =/
Old 03-05-2009, 08:14 PM   #235 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Finally got around to watching last weeks (only because the new one is about 24 hours away and I've been busy). Probably my favorite episode this season.

A lot of the people I got into it in season one keep telling me "It's getting boring" but they say that about the first part of a season every time. It's right about now that all the set ups keep falling into place. Loved it.

Also it's the first one in a while that made me very sad.

Can't wait to see the final few.

And I agree with the Firefly/Scrubs Chicago hope etc thing. Still love Firefly very much but they are definitely in two spots in my favorites. I happen to like both but one of either might only appeal to someone. As long as good Sci Fi keeps showing up.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:17 PM   #236 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Oh and on the topic of awesome cheesy Sci Fi like old BSG, I still continue to watch Sea Quest, Sliders... and I miss a show I doubt anyone remembers with Christopher Lloyd called Deadly Games. Waiting to find a VHS copy somewhere.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:25 PM   #237 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
Hey, old BSG (the series and the movie) were horrible in a campy way. And when you're watching it, just remember that without that, you wouldn't have the awesomness that is the current BSG.

But yes, it is horrible. There's no denying that =/
I have no problem with the original Battlestar... but the Galactica 1980 spinoff is pure shit. haha
Old 03-07-2009, 09:25 AM   #238 (permalink)

Last nights episode was another filler/build up. I think the best part of the episode was the preview for the next one.

I think there's gonna be a lot of familiar faces and secondary characters biting the bullet on Adamas suicide mission.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:56 PM   #239 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizzbot View Post
Either way, I'll give it a try.

I think I can safely tell what hell is like now.
Old 03-07-2009, 08:25 PM   #240 (permalink)

another substandard episode, More adama being a drunk pussy, more brooding starbuck, some shocking Helo action. I sure hope the last 3 eps ( daybreak 1,2 and 3 ) pull the series back upto its heights.