Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 03-07-2009, 08:54 PM   #241 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brizzlewizzle View Post
another substandard episode, More adama being a drunk pussy, more brooding starbuck, some shocking Helo action. I sure hope the last 3 eps ( daybreak 1,2 and 3 ) pull the series back upto its heights.
I sure as hell hope so too. Last night's episode just wasn't up to par... the last few have been shockingly boring. This would be okay by me if I was watching these episodes back to back on DVD, but waiting week after week for these dull episodes is starting to get infuriating.

It looks like next week's episode will start to kick things into high gear finally.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 10:04 PM   #242 (permalink)

It's funny, I think the last episodes have a ton of depth. It's bringing back a ring from the original BSG (beings of light - hence Starbucks "ressurection") and I think it'll be a nice ride for the last episodes.

I know it seems like they haven't gone far, but I think they've done what they needed to do. It's not the same show that it was in Season 1 and 2.

I'm just glad that they aren't splitting up the last 2 episodes of the series I will be having a late night on the 20th, that's for sure!
Old 03-10-2009, 11:45 PM   #243 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
I'm just glad that they aren't splitting up the last 2 episodes of the series I will be having a late night on the 20th, that's for sure!
So it'll be a straight 3 hours in one night? Excellent!
Old 03-10-2009, 11:59 PM   #244 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizzbot View Post
So it'll be a straight 3 hours in one night? Excellent!
it will be bitter sweet
Old 03-11-2009, 12:00 AM   #245 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gym_wizard View Post
it will be bitter sweet
Oh, I'm positive that's true. I'm just glad they aren't splitting the finale up.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:02 AM   #246 (permalink)

Depends - I know this epsiode will be an hour, but do you think they'll do 3 hours for the finale? I figure it would be just 2...
Old 03-11-2009, 12:05 AM   #247 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizzbot View Post
Oh, I'm positive that's true. I'm just glad they aren't splitting the finale up.
And hats off to them for having the vision to properly build to an series end and not have the show fade into TV limbo.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:07 AM   #248 (permalink)

I don't know. I think I'm reading this wrong. From what I've read, the finale would be 2 parts... the first being an hour and then the last (on the last night) being 2 hours. I looked at TV.com and I think they technically have the whole thing split into 3 hour-long episodes... part 1 of which will be on Friday and the last 2 being on the 20th.

So yeah, technically the finale starts on Friday and will be wrapped up with the last 2 hours next Friday. I think I have it now. I didn't realize we were already up to the final 2 weeks... jeez...

"I hate everyone equally..."

Holy shit, awesome:
www.heavymetalgeek.com
Holy shit, I'm in a band:
www.reverbnation.com/caligarimetal
Stupid, stupid shit I say:
www.twitter.com/skizzbot

Old 03-11-2009, 12:10 AM   #249 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gym_wizard View Post
And hats off to them for having the vision to properly build to an series end and not have the show fade into TV limbo.
Yeah, no shit... I keep getting invested in shows that never get properly wrapped up. I was happy to hear that when they canceled Life on Mars, they were at least letting them finish out the season. Normally the execs are just like, "okay, fuck this show... no more episodes!" or it's canceled at the end of a season with a cliffhanger and unanswered questions.
Old 03-11-2009, 12:10 AM   #250 (permalink)

That's exacltly it - 3 hours split into 2 blocks. 1 hour this Friday, 2 the next.

I really don't think it's going to be as bad as most people expect. I don't think they're dropping the ball this last half. Sure it's not gone as far or as quickly as some people want, but I think they're wrapping up what needs to be wrapped up as it's needed.