Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 08-15-2008, 05:49 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
Oh man, you really burned me there. I'm guessing in the time between clicking on the very thread you made about hardcore music and reading my reply, you entirely forgot the context of my reply. I think that should legally qualify you as retarded.

My input is that all aspects of hardcore music are more focused on macho bravado and aggression than the music or talent or well-written songs, so liking metalcore over pure metal from a musical standpoint is ridiculous.

As far as expecting it to be valuable, welcome to the internets. I am a human, like you, not a robut, but I will disagree with you at times. Should you ever feel the need to declare to the world that you like something, do not be surprised if anyone disagrees with you. This is normal. Luckily, there are niche websites where you can carry on conversations with like minded people. For example, if you want to just talk about how hardcore music is awesome without anyone disagreeing with you, doing so in a podcasting forum is the (take a note here) wrong way to go about it. Instead, look for a hardcore music forum. I know that might be an unfathomable leap of logic, but just trust me.

And what is wrong with having one thread on a specific topic? this is called talk shite right? Why is there a thread about video games, movies, or books. Why dont you jump in there and call all those people retards for not discussing those topics in a separate specific forum. What you say may be logical and yet it is in no way practical to a healthy fun forum environment. Other wise we would all have to participate in a separate forum for every different thing we enjoy talking about, which would be idiotic.

I hope I have been informative.
I have no problems with someone disagreeing, Just thought it was pointless to come on a thread that is about discussing metalcore music, and all you did was declare a personal holocaust of the genre without specifying any reason or logic behind it.

If your going to click reply to say something negative the least you can do is supply a short description why? and hence give your post any point or value to the discussion. Im genuinely curious on why someone would feel so negative to this genre of metal music.

Maybe that is to much to ask for, but personally that is my favorite thing about a message forum. Hearing an un-interrupted opinion on why someone thinks feels agrees or disagrees on a variety topics.

I would have more respect if someone said "I dont like screaming in music, therefore metal/metal core is not my taste of music"

Instead of "Get rid of it" Which is not informative, valuable, and mostly an ignorant and lazy post.

And if you could legally qualify someone as retarded based on forum posting then that will be a drastic shift in the retard populous. Thanks for straightening me out, I been trying to find the proper diagnosis for my mental disabilities and low and behold an internet personality has brought clarity to my confused mentally handicapped existence.

YAYYYYYY! I got mail YAYYYY

Last edited by madeyeshawn; 08-15-2008 at 05:54 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 11:04 PM   #12 (permalink)

lightning bolt

Old 08-16-2008, 06:58 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeyeshawn View Post
I have no problems with someone disagreeing, Just thought it was pointless to come on a thread that is about discussing metalcore music, and all you did was declare a personal holocaust of the genre without specifying any reason or logic behind it.
In case you haven't noticed, reason and logic have nothing to do with opinion.
Quote:
If your going to click reply to say something negative the least you can do is supply a short description why? and hence give your post any point or value to the discussion. Im genuinely curious on why someone would feel so negative to this genre of metal music.
Did you give reasons for why you liked metalcore, or did you just say you like it? Why is it you can shout to the whole forums you like something, but when I do the same thing in a more limited capacity, more is required of me?

Quote:
Maybe that is to much to ask for, but personally that is my favorite thing about a message forum. Hearing an un-interrupted opinion on why someone thinks feels agrees or disagrees on a variety topics.
I don't enjoy people liking hardcore music. Am I operating by what you want, or what I want?
Quote:
I would have more respect if someone said "I dont like screaming in music, therefore metal/metal core is not my taste of music"
Didn't I elaborate when you asked?
Quote:
Instead of "Get rid of it" Which is not informative, valuable, and mostly an ignorant and lazy post.
You said you like it. I said I don't. You were not informative, valuable, and (by the same logic) made an ignorant and lazy post. Here is the entirety of your opinion:
Quote:
I love it

Anyone else.
And you're going to bust my balls for doing the EXACT SAME THING?! Get the fuck out of my face.
Quote:
I will also take this moment to pimp my friends band
Listen to this shit, my mate Mario has MAD guitar skills! he plays this live with perfection! so impressive. Wicked solo at the 2:50 mark.
What's that? 70% of your post was devoted to spam? And how is that better than me posting nothing more than my opinion?
Quote:
And if you could legally qualify someone as retarded based on forum posting then that will be a drastic shift in the retard populous. Thanks for straightening me out, I been trying to find the proper diagnosis for my mental disabilities and low and behold an internet personality has brought clarity to my confused mentally handicapped existence.

YAYYYYYY! I got mail YAYYYY
Man, I am no match for your sharp wit.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:56 AM   #14 (permalink)

Yeah I listed bands that I liked, that was my information on why I like it.

I didn't say everything else should go away, cause my opinion is superior.

Whatevs this thread will just die soon. I thought more people were interested in the subject and either thats not true, or they just want to avoid our dumb ass pissing contest.

Nice post, you should feel proud that you valiantly stood up for the "everything core should go away" opinion in the form of tedious quotation breakdown. It was some top notch stuff. I bow to your obvious victory and will have to fight a better fight another day.

If you have nothing good to say, say it on the internet. I guess im the fool for expecting anything more.

Last edited by madeyeshawn; 08-16-2008 at 09:02 AM.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:08 PM   #15 (permalink)

For a hardcore fan, you're a fucking pussy. If you're not adhering to the image, what's the point? Because the music certainly isn't good.
Old 08-16-2008, 02:50 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
For a hardcore fan, you're a fucking pussy. If you're not adhering to the image, what's the point? Because the music certainly isn't good.
You have different taste than I.

I like the music, That does not mean i need to act the part cover myself in tatoos and try be an aggresive alpha male especially on a fucking message forum.
I read why you dont like the music, and your entitled to that opinion.

Thanks for your input, enjoy your non core metal music and pretend that yours is better than someone else's whatever makes you happy buddy. I do sincerely apologize, I really wish i could have been more of a man and less of a pussy in your eyes.

Your music is better, you win the argument. Im a retard and your a greek god of musical opinions.

Cant win them all.

have a good Saturday mate.

Last edited by madeyeshawn; 08-16-2008 at 02:54 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 03:38 PM   #17 (permalink)

It's music... you either like it or you don't. There's no point bitching about it.

I haven't read any of the previous posts because it just looked like a back and fourth digs with i'm not fussed in. I'd rather talk about metal.

It's a known fact in the metal community that Metalcore music is about as original as dopey blonde hollywood whores. It's a cramped scene made up of 20% talent and 80% "get-rich-quick" carbon copy bands... the same could easily be said for the cock rock period of music.

That said, metalcore/hardcore is easily my favourite style of music. I have much admiration for Killswitch Engage who i feel played a huge role in helping us out of the rap metal or "nu-metal" period, which was another scene that got so overcrowded with wannabes it cancelled out the actual talent.

Other bands i love include As I Lay Dying, 36 Crazyfists, Parkway Drive, Shadows Fall, All That Remains, In Flames... etc.

Anyways, there's my 2 cents.
Don't let me disburb the disagree'n.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:40 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Thanks for your input, enjoy your non core metal music and pretend that yours is better than someone else's whatever makes you happy buddy.
I'll do that as soon as you stop crying.
Old 08-16-2008, 11:20 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
I'll do that as soon as you stop crying.
Ok my tears just stopped, I think I will be ok after my life altering encounter with an online persona. I really feel our discussions has helped me grow into a stronger "core" free man. Your truly my savior and I will never forget you.

Love,
Shawn
P.S. I hope we can still be friends.

Last edited by madeyeshawn; 08-16-2008 at 11:23 PM.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:34 AM   #20 (permalink)

Metalcore is alright. Most metal is okay by me. I prefer other metal. Or classic rock. Children of Bodom, Annihilator, Firewind, Megadeth. Bison BC is great,, too, though I doubt anyone here has heard of them.