Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 10-16-2008, 03:32 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoArmsJames View Post
No, you were the first. Prove me wrong.
Post #5 "Why anyone thinks eliminating meat from their diet is healthy totally astounds me."
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 03:36 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamS View Post
Post #5 "Why anyone thinks eliminating meat from their diet is healthy totally astounds me."
That's what you consider adversarial? You cry a lot don't you?
Old 10-16-2008, 03:39 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Wow, you just got him to prove he is a douche.

^5!!!

oh sorry.

NAJ FTW

Old 10-16-2008, 03:41 PM   #74 (permalink)

Coming in with an opposing position and coming in with a "better than thou" attitude are 2 different things.

No one here will seriously affect a person's opinion, the same goes for religion and political beliefs. People are very brand-loyal in many ways, this is no different.

Anyway - If you look at the US population at large, there's a bunch of fat, unhealthy people, they are far more prevalent than the healthy, lean body types.

The same goes for vegetarians. Just because we're vegetarian doesn't immediately make us healthier. As I said earlier, there's just as much vegetarian junk food as there is for people who eat meat.

in summary, the actual thought of someone dangling a block of slightly damp, dripping tofu in front of someone's face is an incredibly weird mental picture.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:41 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryK View Post
The biggest problem with this statistic is that its taken from a generalization. in fact my friend you are quite wrong. i get my beef and my chicken from good old america...(when i was single i ate organic but now that i have a house and a car and other things that destroy the environment because i cant own a house within walking (or biking distance) of my work...i just cant offord it anymore). so yeah my point...good old america (in my case canadian beef). well, i know alot of vegetarians (that eat more then just pickles). thing is they turned to all these "exotic" fruits and veggies from alllll over the world...you cant tell me that my beef tossed on an 18 wheeler and dropped off at the super market took more fossil fuels then some fucked up little fruit only found in the jungles of africa burned by being shipped half way across the wold and then 18 wheeled to the grocery store and then bought up. think about it man, most of that stuff is shipped by boat. Do you know how much fuel those boats use? i do i sail for a living and its a fuck of a lot more then a transport uses driving across state. especially northern (like canada) we grow alot during the summer months, but have to import all our veggies in the winter...i cant remember where it said you were from but unless all the veggies you eat are grown right there...i bet you buy shit from everywhere in the world...your beef...comes from the good old U S of A. Probably not far from where you live. statistics are not to be trusted.

so to quote you "Prove that anything I wrote regarding nutrition is false. " prove to me its not false...
Finally, a coherent reply. That is all pretty much true, yet anecdotal. I think that what the generalization about fossil fuels is referring to is the industries as a whole. Anyway, I still say that besides environmental reasons, and animal rights (which I don't argue for), there are compelling reasons for a vegetarian diet.

Good post BarryK, while no one else has managed to tell me anything new.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:44 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andsoitgoes View Post
Coming in with an opposing position and coming in with a "better than thou" attitude are 2 different things.
I really agree with everything you wrote there. And while I think it's totally true, but can't someone read an attitude into a post of an opposing opinion if they want to? It's impossible to prove either way. Maybe that's what I did in the first place.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:49 PM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
I really agree with everything you wrote there. And while I think it's totally true, but can't someone read an attitude into a post of an opposing opinion if they want to? It's impossible to prove either way. Maybe that's what I did in the first place.
It's the interwebz. Everything is about as clear as a puddle of mud with kristie alley's ass in front of it.

On that note...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotQuite View Post
as humans, we do have incisors, bicuspids, and molars. That my friends is the dental structure of
omnivores.
I posted an article before that talks about the function of our teeth and such, if you look at the canines of a human versus the canines of a meat eating animal, you'll notice one HELL of a difference. To me, that points to not eating meat. /shrug..

It also has to do with our jaw makeup, ability to digest animal flesh while in the mouth, etc, etc.

Here's the link again - mind, this is FAR from conclusive and it's a theory, but then so is the believe we are omnivores...

Humans: Are We Carnivores or Vegetarians by Nature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotQuite View Post
Now back to the waxing...
Are you THAT hairy?
Old 10-16-2008, 03:51 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
How is it less adversarial than what I wrote? You're how old and accusing someone of being a cry-baby? Not doing a good job of showing that you are less douchy. Or consistent.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:08 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
How is it less adversarial than what I wrote? You're how old and accusing someone of being a cry-baby? Not doing a good job of showing that you are less douchy. Or consistent.
If you don't stop now, it will never end.

I wish I'd have learned long ago how to give up and walk away- I often still don't, but this REALLY is one of those moments. No one will win.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:17 PM   #80 (permalink)

OK.