Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 05-11-2009, 06:59 PM   #1 (permalink)

Holy crap I'm poor and need help

*Not asking for donations or anything*

So basically I moved to the middle of nowhere in Arkansas because I got out of the service and couldn't find a job anywhere. A recently divorced friend needed a new place to live, and me and two others ended up getting a place here together. It was fine for a little while but I still couldn't find work and unemployment and past bills were fucking shit over (I'm also filing for bankruptcy).

So what I did was use my GI Bill and got accepted next semester to a college in Boston, my hometown. But as luck would have it, we're being evicted at the end of this month and everyone's gotta go. Everyone else is staying down here but I've gotta find a way to get home for school. Trying to find another place around here is out of the question as the friends I've made down here can't offer anything and the place my existing room mates are getting doesn't have enough room.

I've suggested to my family a few times of living at home with them until school starts but my father doesn't talk to me anymore and my mother is too scared to ask him to let me stay, I think eventually that might work out but it's really in limbo.

To make matters worse, my car got repossessed yesterday.

What sucks is that the new GI Bill is going to pay me a ton once school starts for a place to live but I can't get any of that money now to help me move home, and with only getting $430 a week in unemployment (until it runs out next month), it makes me really really strapped for cash.

Can anyone offer suggestions as to what the hell I can do? Having to live in Arkansas is hell enough but I'm open to any suggestions on what to do so I'm not out on the street.

I realize it's stupid to post on an internet forum about this but I need all the help I can get and the KatG community seems really tight.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 07:22 PM   #2 (permalink)

Location: Gran, you might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It's just something that he does in the sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimFromBoston View Post

So basically I moved to the middle of nowhere in Arkansas because I got out of the service and couldn't find a job anywhere. A recently divorced friend needed a new place to live, and me and two others ended up getting a place here together. It was fine for a little while but I still couldn't find work and unemployment and past bills were fucking shit over (I'm also filing for bankruptcy).

So what I did was use my GI Bill and got accepted next semester to a college in Boston, my hometown. But as luck would have it, we're being evicted at the end of this month and everyone's gotta go. Everyone else is staying down here but I've gotta find a way to get home for school. Trying to find another place around here is out of the question as the friends I've made down here can't offer anything and the place my existing room mates are getting doesn't have enough room.

I've suggested to my family a few times of living at home with them until school starts but my father doesn't talk to me anymore and my mother is too scared to ask him to let me stay, I think eventually that might work out but it's really in limbo.

What sucks is that the new GI Bill is going to pay me a ton once school starts for a place to live but I can't get any of that money now to help me move home, and with only getting $430 a week in unemployment (until it runs out next month), it makes me really really strapped for cash.

Can anyone offer suggestions as to what the hell I can do? Having to live in Arkansas is hell enough but I'm open to any suggestions on what to do so I'm not out on the street.

I realize it's stupid to post on an internet forum about this but I need all the help I can get and the KatG community seems really tight.
8 whole posts and i should give a fuck bout you, why?
Old 05-11-2009, 07:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Go on Craigslist and find yourself some work, even if it's just temp work, and stop spending your money on stupid shit like hookahs...

Also I'm sure if you show up at your parent's door and tell them you have nowhere to go they will let you in.... Even if you have to just stay on their doorstep till they let you in... Be respectful when you go, and be humble... Tell them you have done a lot of stupid shit, and that you have learned from it and you just need some time to get back on your feet....

www.MeMeCPhoto.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Meme isn't hard to find; her laugh carries 'cause she throws her head back like a gorgeous unicorn. she's also an amazing first contact. look for the fanciest bitch having the best time.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Oh, and don't file for bankruptcy, that is a total last resort move... You will be fucked for years...
Old 05-11-2009, 07:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by memecherry View Post
Oh, and don't file for bankruptcy, that is a total last resort move... You will be fucked for years...
7 years if it's the same in Canada and no credit.

Get a consolodation loan from the bank instead.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:

PM me. Depending on your service record and willingness to make some sort-term tough decisions, I can help.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:35 PM   #7 (permalink)

PM sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by memecherry View Post
I already have a lawyer and protection, I'm over $100,000 in debt, it's pretty much the only clear path I have. My old house I had in CT had all the pipes burst and flooded and my old landlord tried to sue me for the damages, the bankruptcy was the only thing that saved me. :/
Old 05-11-2009, 07:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:

Do you know that for $430 a week I have lived in NY (one of the most expensive places to live) I paid for my own apartment and everything else to go with it. You sir should be fine and if your not you suck at money management. Ask for an extension on your unemployment. I hear they are giving those out like candy do to the high unemployment rate in most places.

I know how it works when you get out of the service there is no reason you should be in this situation. You didn't prepare and thats your own damn fault. So suck it up be responsible only spend on what you need and you should be fine
Old 05-11-2009, 07:41 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlNextDoor View Post
Do you know that for $430 a week I have lived in NY (one of the most expensive places to live) I paid for my own apartment and everything else to go with it. You sir should be fine and if your not you suck at money management. Ask for an extension on your unemployment. I hear they are giving those out like candy do to the high unemployment rate in most places.

I know how it works when you get out of the service there is no reason you should be in this situation. You didn't prepare and thats your own damn fault. So suck it up be responsible only spend on what you need and you should be fine
I understand, but I should have stated before, I have a lot of past debts, my home, etc. that $430 comes to about $100 after everything I've accumulated. Bad investments, a lawsuit, etc.
Old 05-11-2009, 07:52 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
I understand, but I should have stated before, I have a lot of past debts, my home, etc. that $430 comes to about $100 after everything I've accumulated. Bad investments, a lawsuit, etc.
Understood, but you make twice as much as I do in a week.
Just sayin, it can be done.