Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

View Poll Results: We all want to know how you found KATG.
Found them on a podcast directory. 130 25.44%
Found them in iTunes. 117 22.90%
Heard them mentioned on another podcast. 115 22.50%
Heard an interview with Keith and/or Chemda on radio. 1 0.20%
Knew of Keith and/or Chemda's other creative outlets. 2 0.39%
Recommendation from a friend/family member. 75 14.68%
Recommendation from another forum/message board. 18 3.52%
Read about KATG online. 18 3.52%
Read about KATG in print. 0 0%
Other. 35 6.85%
Voters: 511. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree5Likes

Old 05-21-2010, 06:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

How Did You Discover KATG?

We're all curious.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 06:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Dammit. "Read about KATG online" means in an online publication as opposed to on another forum/message board. You knew that though.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:52 AM   #3 (permalink)

Been listening to podcasts for a while, but wanted to know what the BEST podcast was. Found Podcast Alley and they were no 1. Was hoping it was comedy.... AND IT WAS!
Old 05-21-2010, 07:37 AM   #4 (permalink)

One of the girls on my roller derby team has been a listener for a while, and always talked about the show. Recently divorced, fresh from a devastating break-up with my boyfriend, and facing the inevitable fact that I would have to move back in with my parents, I decided to check it out about a month ago. KATG has filled a huge void in my life during this miserable time. Things still suck, but they suck less now.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:49 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal_martha_stewart View Post
One of the girls on my roller derby team has been a listener for a while, and always talked about the show. Recently divorced, fresh from a devastating break-up with my boyfriend, and facing the inevitable fact that I would have to move back in with my parents, I decided to check it out about a month ago. KATG has filled a huge void in my life during this miserable time. Things still suck, but they suck less now.
KATG are awesome for filling voids and fighting the suck. And pretty much anything else that needs a little dirty but magical sunshine shined on it.

Wait ... you got divorced and broke up with your boyfriend?!?
Old 05-21-2010, 07:56 AM   #6 (permalink)

I found KATG going down that rabbit hole known as wikipedia. I had just seen 'Windy City Heat', and I looked up that movie to check out it's authenticity,next thing I know I was reading about Bobcat Goldwait and there was a mention of a disastrous interview with him on Keith And The Girl. I read the wiki about KATG, then I gave the show a listen and found it mean-spirited and abrasive. I decided to listen to another episode, then another and another and here I am today.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I was given a map by an old sailor who was staying in my mother's boarding house. When a bunch of pirates showed up looking for the map, I figured it must be worth something so I followed it.

(insert long story which most people would find interesting but which Keith is going to find unnecessary to the movie)

I then found an iPod loaded with KATG episodes in a cave and began to listen to the treasure within.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I was looking for comedy on CdBaby. A guy named Keith Malley was reccomended for whoever liked Stanhope.

Since i was at the peak of my "I gotta keep myself interested constantly" phase, i looked him up.

A search on wiki shows me this picture of a guy with beers taped to his hands. Hmmm.

Listen to a couple of clips. Buy "Sue Everybody" on iTunes. Whoa. He's a douche AND he's funny.. And he's so... so.... raw. He wasnt try to buy my laughs. He said what he wanted whether i liked it or not. Got all his stand up.

And i get curious about that sweet magnificient female voice featured in the bonus tracks.
Looking up again, i learn that this peculiarly named angel was one of the singers in the Conure One albums, which i loved. Actually she was that Nina Simone sounding, middle eastern-esque voice that made me shiver and tear up like a pussy.

Those two are a couple? But what's a podcast? WHo gives a shit. Let's try.

Whoa. Fuck Dane Cook? WHat a title. I HATE Dane Cook.

Download.

Hooked forever.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:23 AM   #9 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I came across KATG after first discovering and listening to all of the Ricky Gervais podcasts. Those were the first sort of comedy/talk show thing I had downloaded, as my prior exposure to podcasts was the "podcast of todays breakfast radio show without the music" which gets tired pretty quick.

(Except for the Shebang, which incidentally finished around the same time I discovered KATG)

Anyhoo, I found Keith and the Girl on Mediafly.

No idea how I found Mediafly. I actually have never been to mediafly again in the last 3 years.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:34 AM   #10 (permalink)

Your mom screamed it out while orgasming.

Or maybe it was 1969's fault, who knows.