Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree260Likes

Old 03-24-2020, 04:29 PM   #31 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Being forced to stay inside isnt really THE worst. I have regular long talks with my SO on Skype (internet is something likle air, right now). The restrictions are getting tighter. Right now its only one person per family to be allowed to do groceries or pharmaceuticals. Anything else is shut down. Went to the bank this morning in order to request for handling of my father's needs (balance, bills, etc) online, in his place.

The contradictory info is the worse. The main info is that masks arent mandatory anbd should be left to the sanitary and the ill but every once iun a while someone says we should all wear them, and they are impossible to find on proper channels.

Most of anything transmitted on tv (which i dont watch but my father does, constantly) is a mixture of doomsday and vague hope .

I also try to hold on to the thoughts of eventually gettring to the US when all settles.

A lot of providers of essential needs (like gasoline) are startiong to use the situation to strike. I fear the moment where food might run scarce and it erodes my sanity.

Still i am healthy and so is everyone i love and thats whatr grounds me
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 09:41 AM   #32 (permalink)

I'm not real into this work from home thing, but I'm glad I'm still working. Hanging out in my local bars and restaurants and checking out live music is such a part of life in my town that things just feel off. I really miss band practice. I'm worried I'll drive my wife nuts and vice versa.

I have an American friend in China who just got out of a 73 day quarantine. He said it's going to be so much worse in the US because we're not going to lock shit down like how they did, so settle in for the long dark haul. It'll feel overwhelming at times but be ready and smart about it.
NotARegularMom likes this.
Old 03-26-2020, 11:30 AM   #33 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

I'm a bit frustrated because I was off work and then WFH since the end of January due to surgery on my leg. I literally started going back to the office two weeks ago and now I'm isolated again.

I also feel guilty that I'm able to work at this time when so many others can't. I'm in the NHS so I'm guaranteed to have a job the whole way through this. And it's also quite bad that I actually feel less stressed than before because we've had to cancel our new appointments and groups so it gives us time to catch up on the work that was falling behind because my team was so busy. When I can walk unaided again (two weeks hopefully) I might be redeployed so could be working on wards. Which would be a cool change of pace. A colleague also pointed out that our patient group is high risk, so its likely some of them will die before this is over.
Old 03-27-2020, 12:26 AM   #34 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by porky2468 View Post
I'm a bit frustrated because I was off work and then WFH since the end of January due to surgery on my leg. I literally started going back to the office two weeks ago and now I'm isolated again.

I also feel guilty that I'm able to work at this time when so many others can't. I'm in the NHS so I'm guaranteed to have a job the whole way through this. And it's also quite bad that I actually feel less stressed than before because we've had to cancel our new appointments and groups so it gives us time to catch up on the work that was falling behind because my team was so busy. When I can walk unaided again (two weeks hopefully) I might be redeployed so could be working on wards. Which would be a cool change of pace. A colleague also pointed out that our patient group is high risk, so its likely some of them will die before this is over.
Don’t feel guilty.
Everyone who keeps their job doesn’t need any help from the state and so there’s more for others.
porky2468 and bag of lazers like this.
Old 03-27-2020, 12:27 AM   #35 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

You made it Americans.
You are number one in Corona worldwide.

Without any Europeans bringing it to you the last weeks.
juliofromny likes this.
Old 03-27-2020, 12:41 AM   #36 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
You made it Americans.
You are number one in Corona worldwide.

Without any Europeans bringing it to you the last weeks.

fuck that sounds about right damn. I really wish the US would just officially go on quarantine for all states. But we pride ourselves in independence and each state is so contradictory towards each other. I was speaking with my mother earlier this week who's church has shut down indefinitely and asked her how she felt about the situation. Even though her church is saying it's dangerous and people should stay inside, her thoughts are "this is bullshit and I'm going to continue going outside and doing what I want. this country is being stupid. no reason for us to hole up and get paid money for doing so." Very intriguing take on things. I honestly take her opinions with many many grains of salt lol. Just funny that her church has decided to not happen due to corona virus but she is saying its bullshit lol.
Old 03-27-2020, 03:43 AM   #37 (permalink)

Here is the performance review I did with my dog today.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-Ow9xKK...=1tl6omcqvjwrv
juliofromny likes this.
Old 03-27-2020, 04:37 AM   #38 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:

I understood something about him being a dog. He clearly wasn't impressed with the rest of the review.
Old 03-27-2020, 06:17 AM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by porky2468 View Post
I understood something about him being a dog. He clearly wasn't impressed with the rest of the review.
I said I like you as a dog but your business skills are lacking. Please improve.
juliofromny and Sparrow like this.
Old 03-27-2020, 08:50 AM   #40 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:

Everything in German sounds angry, I don't think you were calling him a good boy at all. Honestly he better get his act together and amp up productivity or else. He looks lazy.
Scorpion likes this.