Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree260Likes

Old 04-04-2020, 04:58 AM   #71 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
Then she just stares at me. I'm like, 'I didn't get close to anyone, the place was pretty empty. <still staring> Do you want me to change my shirt and pants, wash them? and she says "No, no it's OK." but then she just keeps staring so I'm like 'I'm going to change.'

Just tell me, we don't have to make a big deal about it. I was honestly thinking of it anyway but she doesn't want to push it then it adds to her stress. It's like I want a middle ground I will wash my hands I will do these things, I want her to feel OK saying something. I just don't need a lecture and I would like an opportunity to do it before I'm told to.
Am I making sense?

I know it's all stress related. She is very scared and she should be, a lot of people she loves are in high risk categories. It's very much a real threat to us.
I feel like this is one of these situations where we (you me everybody) should make a big deal out of it unfortunately.

So you might have to step up and either proactively do way more than you think is necessary (change clothes, wipe door knobs, take a shower, ...) and make it a big theatrical production to show you are doing it.
Or sit her down and together make a risk assessment containment plan, maybe write down what steps you agree on and hang it up next to the front door and then follow these steps and review them based on new information.

You know your wife best so you'll know what works for her but from your post it sounds like she feels scared and would like more steps but knows it might be over-reacting so she is trying to stop herself from mentioning it.
shoebootie likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2020, 01:43 AM   #72 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Here is a very accurate Article about the situation in Germany.

Meaning, what I was saying but with more proof.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/04/w...gtype=Homepage
Old 04-05-2020, 09:55 PM   #73 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer

Day 22 of quarantine. I've seen no people in person other than my partner who lives here.

I hate going outside. I can walk around our neighborhood a little bit but we live so close to busy areas of town that even that makes me nervous. Everyone is on "shelter in place", but we're still allowed to exercise outside. I live near like, the "Times Square" of Kansas City, so my bf and I are just walking in our neighborhood but all these fucknuts from the suburbs drive over here to walk the empty city streets. It's so dumb. I get anxious and I have to get back home.

I'm laid off and so it my partner but that doesn't scare me as much as just going outside. I love cities and being in the hustle of things but we just canceled a trip to NYC scheduled for June and I don't know how long it'll take me to feel comfortable around big groups of people again. I've never been a germaphobe but I just feel OCD all of a sudden like... if I touch a door knob, it will kill my mom.

This shit is fucking weird and you assholes are a big part of my sanity right now.
The Girl, jcro21, Sparrow and 2 others like this.

Last edited by punk'n; 04-05-2020 at 11:55 PM.
Old 04-06-2020, 12:59 AM   #74 (permalink)

Found out yesterday two friends of mine tested positive. They have stayed indoors and been distancing so I was shocked. I’ve been upset but I try not to think about it. They seem to have the heavy flu symptoms and some mild breathing problems but hopefully it will pass. I’m in shock about it, they are the people who really took this serious and did everything right. It’s weird, I’m really getting worried on just how airborne this thing is.
The Girl likes this.
Old 04-06-2020, 02:16 AM   #75 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

This night I had Corona in my dream.
Somehow I still had to work outside and even do some kind of field and track competition all that while feeling like shit.

Now it comes for my brain.
The Girl likes this.
Old 04-09-2020, 06:50 PM   #76 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Remember when that stupid Iceland volcano erupted during KATG week and all of Team Europe got stuck in NYC?
I just read an article saying that over 200,000 Germans are having trouble getting home because travel is cancelled.

I was pretty stressed not knowing how to get home in 2010 but at least nobody was dying, I can't imagine how scared these people must feel now.
The Girl and Apia resurrected like this.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:08 PM   #77 (permalink)

A dead raccoon was found in the water supply that serves our city, so a something called a “boil order” was instated, meaning we have boil our tap water before it’s useable. I’ve never heard of this happening before. A few weeks ago, an earthquake struck amidst this covid madness. If I were superstitious, I’d think we must be particularly cursed lol. On top of being in a tough program at school, any of this on its own would be alright, but it’s kinda having an additive effect on me...and then we laugh it off.

I’m a healthcare worker and I have a sister with an autoimmune disease. Last week, I watched the code team at my hospital doing additional training for responding to codes on COVID patients using PAPRs and walkies because they’re trying to only have essential personnel in the actual room, and those things (PAPRs) are challenging to hear each other over. I had a twinge of nerves at the thought of giving her something, even though we have been physically distancing and don’t live together.

Thankfully, I feel like our institution is keeping us well-informed and looking out for their staff in a noticeably positive manner. That being said, we’re not experienced anything like NY or MI yet.

Last edited by Rune; 04-09-2020 at 08:14 PM.
Old 04-10-2020, 06:07 AM   #78 (permalink)

We have Easter holiday now here on Germany, meaning no work for 4 days.
That’s nice.

Riding a bike and hiking are allowed activities and the weather is great.
That’s also good.

I can not read too much of the news or I get very mad.
Today I’m mad about Hydroxychloroquine.
But maybe not for the reason you think I would be.

You know I work in pharmaceuticals.
Here are the facts.

There is some slight evidence that it could be helpful. More clinical studies are needed and they are in the process of being done now.

What Hydroxychloroquine is not:

It’s not a miracle drug. It’s just a drug. It might be helpful or not. We need more facts.

It’s not especially dangerous, but not harmless.
It has some side effects, they are very well known. Because it’s been in use for other diseases for very long, we know all the side effects. That’s better than with a new drug. Still. Don’t buy it somewhere on the black market and take it! Don’t do it with any other prescription drugs also!
Don’t take more than you should!

It’s not some big business. It’s a very old malaria drug, over 70 year old.
There is very little money in it. It’s generic and every pharmaceutical company can make it. There is no more patent.
If it worked, it would be fantastic!
shoebootie likes this.
Old 04-11-2020, 05:59 AM   #79 (permalink)

Check out my exciting movie about gardening

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-1omHuj...d=z82ju53ncpc1
Old 04-11-2020, 01:33 PM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apia resurrected View Post
Check out my exciting movie about gardening

https://www.instagram.com/p/B-1omHuj...d=z82ju53ncpc1
Didn’t understand a single word but it was a nice 20 seconds of looking at dirt. I’ve been inside for three weeks so I haven’t seen a whole lot of dirt. I should probably go for a walk or something
The Girl likes this.