Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree260Likes

Old 04-11-2020, 01:47 PM   #81 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincecult View Post
Didn’t understand a single word but it was a nice 20 seconds of looking at dirt. I’ve been inside for three weeks so I haven’t seen a whole lot of dirt. I should probably go for a walk or something
I was saying something like:

In a world....where social distancing rules, life still finds it's way!
Welcome to the exciting raised bed!
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2020, 04:55 AM   #82 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paraquat View Post
I'm loving it. We just went out to dinner, party of 7 with no line or wait.

My morning commute is a breeze. People are hysterical and I am reveling in it.

I have zero concerns.

I spent the morning licking door knobs at work just to prove a point. By night I'm sharing videos of old protest riots in China and getting on local groups with a generic "swat team" google search image and telling people it's the Corona quarantine unit.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
How strange this sounds now.
Paraquat likes this.
Old 04-17-2020, 05:39 PM   #83 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion View Post
but I swear to god if she tells me to wash my hands again followed by a 20 minute speech about how important it is... I'm going to loose all my shits!!!!
As a person who is guilty of telling my husband repeatedly to wash his hands, I’m sorry.

Me and your wife are just worried. We want us all to be safe.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 08:29 PM   #84 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer

I still haven't altered my life much. Maybe I was more introverted than I thought? Work cut me from 47 to 40 hours. Still 5 a week. It's nice getting out and seeing the sunlight.
I went to Stop and Shop. They had all the cattle lined up through a single aisle instead of letting them choose their own check out. I walked out.
Lowes said they were open until 8pm. I bought some circuit breakers and wire. When I went to return the things I didnt need they were closed. They had changed it to 7 pm and they were limiting capacity to 50%.
I went to my local air gas supplier and could still get CO2/Argon mix.
My morning commute is starting to suck again. Not as many people but they're all really slow in the left lane. I love that cops aren't pulling people over though.
Three people on my FB have made onlyfans accounts.
Vermont specifically said they aren't selling vegetable seeds which conspiracists are saying is to increase government dependency.
Calculus is difficult to teach myself. It sucks but I'll probably have to drop it. I can't learn calculus in an online format. I tried. That's why I took an on campus class this year.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited by Paraquat; 04-17-2020 at 08:32 PM.
Old 04-27-2020, 05:54 PM   #85 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Bored

Saw a dead body in a black bodybag being wheeled out of a house this morning.
Keith and Apia resurrected like this.
Old 04-27-2020, 06:20 PM   #86 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

NICE!
Old 04-28-2020, 12:05 AM   #87 (permalink)

Things seem to improve in Germany.
Of course, the pandemic is still here. And of course we have no miracle cure.

But.

It didn’t get as bad as suspected with the hospitals.
I know it not only because i read about it, but also because of my job.
Yesterday for example I talked to someone from a local hospital and they told me after a surge in Corona patients a few weeks ago, it slowed down and things are more normal again.
We hope it stays like this.

I still work full time and for now I’m organizing webinars for physicians. Have a new one in two days.
It’s an incredible amount of work, or at least It was for the first.
There was no real road map how to do it and I had to find out on my own.
I have an I pad pro from work and no computer and every manual was written for a computer for example.
Everytime I contacted the it hotline with a question they send me information for the computer, even if I have written in the email,‘ i have only an i pad pro, please don’t send me instructions for a computer‘

This was how it went multiple times.

Apia writes an email to the it support.
They send me instructions for a computer.
I contact them again and say the information you gave me is useless for me.
They promise to contact me again with new info.
Two days later they call me and say, the thing I wanted to do, it’s not possible with an iPad.
Than I cry and find the solution on my own. Or by the time the contacted me I already had the solution on my own. One time they asked me if I can give them my solution so they know how it goes.
So I basically became the it support for the it support.

Downside for me:

More work and pressure than ever.

Upside:

It worked out pretty well and for the second one I feel very confident. Preparing my expert speakers in video conferences became easy, now that I spent I don’t know, infinite hours with the system.
And I still have my job.

Last edited by Apia resurrected; 04-28-2020 at 12:12 AM.
Old 04-28-2020, 11:41 AM   #88 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer

Pandemic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
NICE!
It’s more in keeping what I imagined would living through a pandemic would be like.

Last edited by LoopyLou79; 04-28-2020 at 11:45 AM.
Old 06-04-2020, 07:30 AM   #89 (permalink)

Namibia now has 25 confirmed cases... nothing compared to some other countries, but we also test very little. I got out of visiting my parents in my hometown just in time before they went back under lockdown because a truck driver escaped from their mandatory quarantine and ran around town for errands. No one is allowed in or out, but the rest of the country may buy booze again and can return to work with masks and sanitizer.

We are lucky... our government acted super quickly. We have so many immunocompromised individuals (HIV & TB) living close together in poverty. Our government healthcare system couldn’t even handle basic care before all of this so I think they working hard to keep things under control.

I’m teaching online and our seniors are also back at school for physical teaching with masks. Everyone is headachey and tired by the end of the day... I find a lot of us just feel a bit depressed by the uncertainty and requirements at the moment.... but we’re carrying on. These kids are real troopers.
shoebootie likes this.
Old 07-04-2020, 01:02 PM   #90 (permalink)

you guys! I did it! I Finally cut my shitty mom out of my life today. As expected, she reacted like a teenager and pulled the “I should just be dead” card. Been getting texts from her brain clone (my half brother) so I know shit hit the fan over there. HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!