Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 11-18-2009, 06:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelApproved View Post
So you consider an optional tweet spam?
the term "optional" is really up for debate since the whole point of it is to have as many ppl as possible click ur link so ur chances of winning go up, so yes its spam

i cant wait for spooky to shit on this website, while yappler was useful and overall a great idea, this is shit
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:40 PM   #12 (permalink)

I follow a lot of KATG people, and today I spent a good while thinking that a lot of my friends accounts have been hacked, but I realize that it's the auto-tweet from this thing.

Here's the tweet, I have some suggestions on how to make it less spammy.

Quote:
I just entered to win $100 cash. You should do it too! http://bit.ly/ZBoVN Only 2 days 15 hours left. #MyContestSite
Alternatively, you could try:

Quote:
RT @mycontestsite Enter to win $100 cash, only 2 days and 15 hours left http://www.url.com
This way, the RT looks like it's part of a preexisting twitter stream, if you get a twitter.com/mycontestsite it's going to make my contest site look like it's a part of twitter community and not outside of it. People unfamiliar with the site can go to your twitter page and learn more about it, feel that you're not just a random site, that you have a history and a presence on twitter, etc.

And I get that the URL is specific to the contestant. You can change it for each contestant's tweet, but keep the RT @mycontestsite so that people can go back to your twitter and see the "original" tweet, of course with the slightly different URL that leads them to the contest unattached to any other contestant.

To put this criticism in context, I'm probably not the market you're shooting for. I hate twitter and facebook games, I get annoyed by all of the mafia wars and farm family shit, so take this however you want to take it.

EDIT: I just looked on twitter, it looks like you already have @mycontestsite. So GOY

Last edited by marina; 11-18-2009 at 07:02 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:48 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina View Post
I get annoyed by all of the mafia wars and farm family shit
So that's why you didn't respond on my request for the quiz to figure out which muppet baby you would be.

Old 11-18-2009, 07:01 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexas View Post
So that's why you didn't respond on my request for the quiz to figure out which muppet baby you would be.

Greg, it scares me when you scream.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:08 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
i cant wait for spooky to shit on this website, while yappler was useful and overall a great idea, this is shit
Michael made his fortune on spamming/scamming old people and idiots on the internet, didn't he? And he told everyone, all of you.

If KATG wants to support that, if there is a big enough number of people in their audience they consider fleece worthy, fuck it, I see no reason to even address his new site(we saw last time how he reacts to critique, and how quick Keith jumps in to sling mud). You clowns can go spend some money, give your credit card or personal info out, whatever the latest thing is. I'm sure he made it fun for you.

Is there an over/under pot on when Michael creates a new site that somehow revolutionizes how to sort/search AmWay products through tags? Or maybe herbal life? If he intends to make another million off you, the perceived sheep of the internet, I'd at least like to make a few bucks betting on him.
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.
Old 11-18-2009, 11:39 PM   #16 (permalink)

Ya, I saw this link a few days ago on twitter.
Looked and sounded like a scam site so I didn't bother.

Needing my OAuth turned me off as well.
Old 11-19-2009, 04:46 AM   #17 (permalink)

Michael, what kind of information do you keep track of? What does OAuth allow you to access, and how will my information be used?
Old 11-19-2009, 10:22 AM   #18 (permalink)

Twitter uses OAuth as a way to give external apps/websites access to your twitter account without them needing to have access to your password. They get a token which lasts until you revoke it. That gives them either read access to see things in your stream and check your profile data, or read/write access where they do things like post to your feed or even change your display name. You can check who you've given access to at Twitter and if you don't want them to have access revoke it.

Twitter gives documentation on almost everything you can do with twitter, here's the oauth article : Twitter API Wiki / OAuth FAQ
Old 11-19-2009, 11:32 AM   #19 (permalink)

So, there's no more granularity to it than that? I can allow tweets to be posted, but I can't have them put in a queue and verify them, for example?

I'm really surprised at the lack of a Privacy Policy anywhere on the site.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:35 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky View Post
Is there an over/under pot on when Michael creates a new site that somehow revolutionizes how to sort/search AmWay products through tags? Or maybe herbal life? If he intends to make another million off you, the perceived sheep of the internet, I'd at least like to make a few bucks betting on him.
I'm in.