Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 11-19-2009, 12:42 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willeth View Post
So, there's no more granularity to it than that? I can allow tweets to be posted, but I can't have them put in a queue and verify them, for example?

I'm really surprised at the lack of a Privacy Policy anywhere on the site.
I imagine that will come with time but as of now there's no conditional authorization beyond read and read/write.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 03:56 PM   #22 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

i enjoyed how uncomfortable eveyone got when micheal was trying to plug this new website on tuesdays show
Old 11-19-2009, 07:37 PM   #23 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
i enjoyed how uncomfortable eveyone got when micheal was trying to plug this new website on tuesdays show
? I thought it was fine on the show.

Whatever his plans are to monetize, it probably doesn't involve screwing over the listeners, why would he do that to Chemda.

Having said that, I think the reaction is natural, there's definitely an element of spamminess involved. I would be surprised if Michael didn't expect to hear that (and obviously from spooky).
Old 11-19-2009, 09:03 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWarrior View Post
Having said that, I think the reaction is natural, there's definitely an element of spamminess involved. I would be surprised if Michael didn't expect to hear that (and obviously from spooky).
Keith was just pulling Michael's chain when he said I wrote in during the show, I hadn't even heard it until today. Keep me out of it, I don't give a fuck.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:31 AM   #25 (permalink)
Administrator
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky View Post
Michael made his fortune on spamming/scamming old people and idiots on the internet, didn't he? And he told everyone, all of you.
Now you're just a liar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky View Post
Keith was just pulling Michael's chain when he said I wrote in during the show, I hadn't even heard it until today. Keep me out of it, I don't give a fuck.
Sure sounds like you don't give a fuck. Maybe if you shrug it'll be more convincing.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:42 AM   #26 (permalink)
Administrator
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I'll add a checkbox to the front of the process that you can uncheck if you don't want to have a tweet sent out automatically.

I'm also going to experiment with the language in the tweet itself.

I use OAuth to populate your account information from twitter (name, account#, location, etc.) which is then used to verify you when you win. It's also used to send out the tweet after entry and follow any people you choose to on the next page. Both of which are optional and avoidable. Neither is required for entry.

You can revoke OAuth permission at anytime by going into your Twitter settings.

Thanks for the Helpful feedback. I'll post here when the updates are put in place.

Last edited by MichaelApproved; 11-20-2009 at 01:52 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-20-2009, 01:51 AM   #27 (permalink)
Administrator

Quote:
Whatever his plans are to monetize, it probably doesn't involve screwing over the listeners, why would he do that to Chemda.
The plan is simple. Aside from traditional ads on the site there are two main ways I would like to monetize the site. 1) charging people to be a suggested person to follow on the second page. 2) someone sponsoring the sweepstakes itself. For example the prize could be $100 gift certificate to a specific website or store.

Quote:
I'm working on toning that part down and making the process more transparent.

Why would I expect to hear from Spooky? He doesn't even care, remember?
Old 11-20-2009, 08:54 AM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelApproved View Post
2) someone sponsoring the sweepstakes itself. For example the prize could be $100 gift certificate to a specific website or store.
There are tons of these available. Search for "sweeps for bloggers" and you'll find lot's of big companies that want you to promote their product and exchange they will let you have one for a contest.

Check out Online-Sweepstakes.com - The web's premier sweepstakes and contest directory and community. if you look at new daily sweeps you can see that there are usually at least 50-60 of those types of contests starting every day.

Your idea is much easier for the end user and yourself for using and maintaining than the blog contests. So + for you in that area.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:49 PM   #29 (permalink)
Administrator

Checkbox added to the entry page so it's easier to opt out of the tweet

Change the language of the tweet to be less in-your-face

Fixed a bug that wasn't shortening all the personal URLs. Most people got a long ugly one. Thankfully twitter autoshortens with bit.ly so it didn't show up in your feed that way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastTexas View Post
Check out Online-Sweepstakes.com - The web's premier sweepstakes and contest directory and community. if you look at new daily sweeps you can see that there are usually at least 50-60 of those types of contests starting every day.
Thanks, that's a great place to look for leads.
Old 11-20-2009, 05:56 PM   #30 (permalink)

What's the new language?