Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 03-10-2009, 12:21 PM   #11 (permalink)

my bf has been laid off for 3 monthes, and he gets $220 a month after child support comes out. I was freaking out thinking we wouldnt be able to live on my income and that, but its working out great for him. Unfortunatly, this limits his motivation to find a job since he plays World of Warcraft all day and drinks beer but what can i do, he has worked all his life i suppose everyone needs a break once in a while. Would be nice if dinner was ready or the apartment was clean when i get home, but no ones perfect i suppose.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:28 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlinkChic182MN View Post
my bf has been laid off for 3 monthes, and he gets $220 a month after child support comes out. I was freaking out thinking we wouldnt be able to live on my income and that, but its working out great for him. Unfortunatly, this limits his motivation to find a job since he plays World of Warcraft all day and drinks beer but what can i do, he has worked all his life i suppose everyone needs a break once in a while. Would be nice if dinner was ready or the apartment was clean when i get home, but no ones perfect i suppose.
Sounds like he needs a kick in the balls to get some motivation around the house! Stop at the nearest Carhartt retailer on your way home... I hear they have some nice steel toe boots in stock.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 12:33 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizzbot View Post
Sounds like he needs a kick in the balls to get some motivation around the house! Stop at the nearest Carhartt retailer on your way home... I hear they have some nice steel toe boots in stock.
LMAO hillarious, he has some from his last job (machinist) you must be psychic
Old 03-10-2009, 12:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Sorry but you sound like a beaten housewife and honestly how do you survive on 220 EUR a month? By you paying all the bills?
Plus just doing nothing is not gonna look good on his CV so the longer it goes on the worse his chances of a good job might be.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:39 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
The lack of self respect portrayed in this post makes me believe you are a server. Am I right??? LOL
Old 03-10-2009, 12:40 PM   #16 (permalink)

oh i didnt think it would come across like that, but if thats how you see it so be it. And i do pretty well for myself luckily which means i get to be incharge of the finances... doesnt sound like a beaten housewife to me. Just wanted to get some things off my chest, my life aint dat bad.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:40 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
LMAO hillarious, he has some from his last job (machinist) you must be psychic
I KNOW ALL!
Old 03-10-2009, 12:40 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grapist View Post
The lack of self respect portrayed in this post makes me believe you are a server. Am I right??? LOL
who hasent been a waitress in their life? but i got out
Old 03-10-2009, 12:42 PM   #19 (permalink)

our company is doing an awesome program for the next 6 months.
They are taking away half of our shifts, but the government is paying us unemployment for those shifts (55%)
so we only have to work a couple days a week, and only losing a small chunk of money! this summer is gonna rock
Old 03-10-2009, 01:05 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Dr. BF was unemployed for a few months right after we graduated from college. He didn't get unemployment because he was an independent contractor. I couldn't have afforded to take over his share if I wanted to, but I was planning on leaving him as soon as he couldn't cover his portion if he still didn't have a job. Fortunately, I never had to go through with it. He paid his half out of savings and then he found a better job.

I think that there's a difference for me between someone who is contributing what they are able to contribute to the household and someone who is not doing anything. Housework is a valuable service, I think that if I was covering 100% of the household costs, I would want my partner to at least return the favor by cleaning or cooking or something.

IMHO, if I want to pay for someone to sit around and play video games, I'll adopt a teenage boy, but a full grown person who is incapable of supporting or caring for themselves has no business in my bed.