Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

View Poll Results: Gay Marriage?
yes 95 90.48%
no 10 9.52%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Like Tree8Likes

Old 06-06-2006, 11:35 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozdog
I vote more titties on here
Go to the John Banks thread, or whatever it is. If you like those titties from the Rennasance that look like the guy had only seen fat teenage girls tits, yeah, that kind. And Shakespear, man, he was pumped.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 02:01 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce
So??? Are you suggesting that they shouldn't be allowed to have these things?
ok now see what happens when i don't quote the last guy? :P

nope just the opposite. They should have this. i was replying to the guy above me.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:30 PM   #13 (permalink)

That'd be me then, although I'm now the guy below you

Of course I knew all that, but I guess I was trying to be cute, and typed and hit send without reading. Reading it again it seems a bit dumb.

Civil Unions are a very good idea and a sign of real progress for civilised society. The idea that a hetero couple who've known each other six months have more rights than a couple who've been together 40 years is not right.

Scunthorpe is a pretty rough northern town, and just ten years ago it would have been unthinkable for my colleagues to even announce they were gay. But in 2006, the whole office can join in celebrating their partnership with almost no dissenting voices.

That's progress and Bush and the right-wing can't stand in its way.
Old 06-06-2006, 02:44 PM   #14 (permalink)

The best wedding I have ever been to, hands down, was for our friends Bert and Ed. They had a great, short, sincere ceremony (in a church) and a great, fabulously decorated and great food (Bert does catering) reception/party after. Entertainment was an Elvis impersonator. Maybe the best part: no Mother of the Bride.

If my serioso and I ever feel the need to get married, I hope our wedding could be as great as this one. I think everyone was just pissed that it wasn't a legal union for all the reasons expressed above.

This is such a ridiculous issue. Why are they trying to put limits on love now, too?
Old 06-06-2006, 03:06 PM   #15 (permalink)

I'm for gay marriage, I don't see what the halubaloo is about, it wasn't an issue until someone decided to take it away...
Old 06-06-2006, 03:14 PM   #16 (permalink)

Anyone remember this article?

so... Go to sudan, fuck each other, and you're set! Problem solved.
Except for those stupid laws we have here.
Old 06-06-2006, 03:54 PM   #17 (permalink)

why are so many people against it? bush isnt just playing along for his party. he is an authentic neocon promoting his own political, personal, and religious beliefs.

as the former governor of nj showed, gays can get married already. just not to each other. a lot on the right claim that they are ok with queers if they pretend to be straight. then theyre a-ok to raise children and maybe even sneak into heaven. so why cant 2 gays raise children? i never really understood.

i do get that seeing 2 guys screw is the last thing i want to see, but most of the morbidly obese men and women around here have no trouble fucking each other, and thats got to be more disgusting.

im not sure if i ever want to get married, but i dont think i will ever go through with it so long as marriage remains a privilege retained for those judged to be the moral equivalent of human beings and gays are cast as inferior.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:10 PM   #18 (permalink)

speaking of gay marriage: i'd like to announce that spooky and michaelG joined each other in the holy matremony that is 2000 posts today. i guess spooky is the giver and MG is his bitch since spooks hit the mark first.
Old 06-06-2006, 04:55 PM   #19 (permalink)

hehe...didn't you hear? spooky and keith aren't friends any more.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:02 PM   #20 (permalink)

personally, im for gay marriage, its a state issue, though. the constitution doesnt need to be amended.

my rule of thumb:
if it has any controversey, its a state issue, since clearly we dont all agree. and one persons values are no more important than anothers. a community has a right to decide what it does and does not allow.

i think all marriage coverages made or mentioned in law should disallowed/removed and renamed/replacedwith the term union coverages or something like that, just to eliminate another bias in terminology in law. private companies should still be able to decide to extend benefits to what unions they see fit. same with states. when left to the people, i think more often than in government, the right choice will be made.

im always stunned how much people hate the american government, and still vote to give it more power.
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.