Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 06-09-2006, 07:38 AM   #1 (permalink)

I officially hate David Lee Roth

How can he possibly think that this is a good idea?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YW5-m...d%20lee%20roth
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 07:44 AM   #2 (permalink)

If he had new fucking material I'd like it, but how DARE he touch Van Halen with that shit,
Old 06-09-2006, 07:44 AM   #3 (permalink)

I think he forgot he was David Lee Roth and not Paul Simon.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:46 AM   #4 (permalink)

That is pretty fuckin' terrible. What is wrong with him?

The shirt makes him look queer too.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:48 AM   #5 (permalink)

Okay, first of all.... You're just now hating David Lee Roth?????

Fucking David Lee Roth. He looks like a fucking 45 year old fag. I watched just to see if he'd "Jump", but this is fucking God-Awful. It's funny to watch his faggety grin and arm gestures, though. My God, they did it all, including "Hot for Teacher", and "Eruption" (Which Eddie should sue, that's fucking HIS, Goddamnit!).

But you'll get a kick out of this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazon Review
From the get-go, Van Halen proved breathtaking and ballsy in equal measure. Perhaps that’s one of the reasons Strummin’ with the Devil works so well. In its own hard-pickin’ way, this collection offers a similar sense of musical discovery. Here are those same still-sharp rock gems we know and love retooled using a different sort of metal. Come to think about it, bluegrass and Van Halen have much in common—including an emphasis on exceptional instrumental prowess and timeless tales of everyday drama played out in great songs of haunting and enduring power. Having David Lee Roth, the Man himself, kick off this party celebrating the timeless music of which he was such an essential part is more than just thrilling—it’s downright moving. Could this be magic? Definitely.
Oh, and you didn't get your proper greeting: FUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOU!

Last edited by benjita; 06-09-2006 at 07:53 AM.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:23 AM   #6 (permalink)

I heard the fiddle and turned it off quickly. Can someone tell me what happened?
Old 06-09-2006, 08:32 AM   #7 (permalink)

I "officially" hate him because for me, he's fucked me over for the last time

I always looked at DLR as a tragic figure, abandoned by Van Halen, trying to make his "80's way in a new millennium." Since he can't get things going in a direction that doesn't make him look like a total fucko, he's making me look like a douchebag for ever digging him.

It's like your friend that's an alcoholic and keeps falling off the wagon. You feel sorry for him, but there's a time you have to stop returning his calls, stop going to AA meetings with him, write his ass off and saddle-up to the bar

Third-time poster...

Calloused

PS - thank you for the official welcome to the KATG forums. Now all I need to do is open an Absolute Poker account and start a slow bleed of cash.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:06 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Postagulous
I heard the fiddle and turned it off quickly. Can someone tell me what happened?
He sang "Jump". He still has the same voice, and didn't "Twang" it. However, his performance was something you'd expect from Donny Osmond. Faggety smile and hand gestures.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:32 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calloused
I "officially" hate him because for me, he's fucked me over for the last time

I always looked at DLR as a tragic figure, abandoned by Van Halen, trying to make his "80's way in a new millennium
Tragic? He's probably got millions in the bank and could have retired a while ago and lived off his royalties and investments (that is, unless he pissed away all his money, which looking at him could be the case). Then again, he had his recent FM radio deal and his contract may have stipulated a large payment even if it went off the air (or it may have been the opposite - no payment if the show doesn't do well).

DLR had an OK album after Van Halen (California Girls / Just a Gigolo) and then he released singles like Yankee Rose and Tobacco Road and people were like WTF? This blue-grass stuff continues in that tradition

His career kind of reminds me of Morrisseys After the Smiths, Morrissey had a great follow-up albums (Viva Hate, Bona Drag) and then he started to change his musical style and devoted fans such as myself were like wha?

"That's me -- call me crazy, call me a pervert, but this is something I enjoy."
- Boogie Nights
Old 06-09-2006, 09:43 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by william
Tragic? He's probably got millions in the bank and could have retired a while ago and lived off his royalties and investments (that is, unless he pissed away all his money, which looking at him could be the case). Then again, he had his recent FM radio deal and his contract may have stipulated a large payment even if it went off the air (or it may have been the opposite - no payment if the show doesn't do well).

DLR had an OK album after Van Halen (California Girls / Just a Gigolo) and then he released singles like Yankee Rose and Tobacco Road and people were like WTF? This blue-grass stuff continues in that tradition

His career kind of reminds me of Morrisseys After the Smiths, Morrissey had a great follow-up albums (Viva Hate, Bona Drag) and then he started to change his musical style and devoted fans such as myself were like wha?
Ouch, my legs! I can't make the jump from Van Halen to The Smiths in one post! Somebody get me a doctor!

Calloused

PS - anyone catch my two references to VH songs? I'm so fuggin clever..