Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree23Likes

Old 05-22-2015, 06:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

I Supported KATG on Kickstarter and All I Got Was This Awesome Podcast Episode

Hey guys, Mike here, my wife Jeannette supported the Marathon/Tour Kickstarter and got to be guests on episode #2181 "Make-A-Wish" with Myq Kaplan, Christian Finnegan and Mike Lawrence.

It was awesome, and I wanted to fanboy out a little bit and share some highlights with everyone. If you were thinking about supporting the next one at that level, I can't recommend it enough.

Here goes:

- Chemda and Keith are every bit as warm and welcoming as everyone says. This is no surprise, but it was great to experience it first hand. I'm a pretty shy/nervous guy meeting new people, but I immediately felt like I was among friends. Granted hearing their voices for the last 10 years was probably part of that, but still. Also generous hosts - they had my drink of choice (Kraken rum) and pizza for everyone.

- Was a fun "behind the scenes" moment seeing the pre- and post-show stuff. Lots of highlighted newspapers and printouts everywhere, Danny running errands and making drinks, a breaker kept getting tripped so the power kept going out. Keith did not punch anything, though.

- I felt validated when Christian praised my choice of best Smashing Pumpkins song ("Mayonaise") during pre-show.

- I apparently was TOO relaxed (or maybe buzzed), kept sitting back from the mic. I felt like I was operating in slow motion though, everyone is so damn quick and witty. I'll just consider my contribution to the show as guest choice. You're welcome. (For the record, I also wanted Jesse Joyce and JFOD were also on my list).

- After the show we walked over to QED (just a couple blocks down) and hung out there. Everyone came, though Mike Lawrence left pretty soon after (had a show later). Got to meet Kambri there as well, and Lauren stopped by a little later, too. We played Taboo for a few rounds and had some drinks. I swear it was almost as funny as the actual show.

- I smoked for the first time courtesy of - I'm sure you can guess who. Yes, I'm 33, I know, a late bloomer. I've been making an effort to be more open to new experiences this past year - even going on the show in the first place was a big step. That said, I can't think of a better circumstance or group of people to try it with. Although I think I did it wrong, I didn't feel much. Will have to try again.

- Myq and Mike Lawrence were both doing shows that evening, and since we hadn't made plans we decided to check those out after the little party at QED broke up. Myq's set was actually part of a sketch show that Micah Sherman was doing, met Micah briefly after the show as well. Sketch show and Myq's short set were both great. Hung out with Myq a bit after as well.

- We were thinking about going to a strip club (Hustler, at Keith's recommendation) - also would've been a first for me - but by the time we were done we were getting tired and it was like 30 minutes away. Plus our phones were dying and we weren't too confident about our ability to navigate the city late night without it, so we called it a night. Didn't make it to Mike Lawrence's show either, sadly. Too much to do, not enough time (or energy, since we got up at like 6 that morning).

- Unrelated to KATG but funny tidbit: when we parked near the studio, it was at one of these ticket kiosks. Our car is "decorated" like the TARDIS from Dr. Who, so some dude who worked nearby who was also a Who fan came out and chatted with us. We didn't know what we were doing so he explained, but said that he'd never seen anyone get a ticket so we probably didn't need to pay. We took that gamble, but later Chemda said we probably were screwed and going to get a $40-ish ticket. Luckily, we didn't! But unfortunately, we later parked too close to a fire hydrant (apparently you need 15-feet of clearance) and got a $115(!) ticket. Win some, lose some.

I think that's it! It was a fantastic experience, just so much fun. We might even do it again ourselves.
Keith, Bucho, TeddyPicker and 6 others like this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 08:17 PM   #2 (permalink)

Seconding most of this. Smashing pumpkins is not my alley.

My car is not decorated like the Tardis. It is the Tardis, and unless you correct yourself I will not allow you to drive her again.

I want to emphasize again how epic the set-up was, how accommodating for us. Chemda the night before asked what we wanted to drink. I was unclear by her definition of drink, so I listed non alcoholic and alcoholic drinks and she had everything there ready to go and drinks were made at the PERFECT mix. So so epic. We will 100% do this again next year. Maybe twice. Maybe the marathon thing too. Fuck Disneyworld (no, I never thought I'd say that...ever. It was my dream honeymoon)

Edited to add: THERE ARE NO SIGNS ABOUT THE 15 FT RULE! WHY would we know that? Anywhere else, if there are fucking posts around the fire hydrant, you just don't park in between the posts.
Bucho, ImStillToni and Scumhook like this.

Last edited by Nettie-poo; 05-23-2015 at 08:21 PM.
Old 05-23-2015, 08:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks to both of you cunts for a great fucking ep <3
Nettie-poo and ImStillToni like this.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:13 PM   #4 (permalink)

Definitely do this again.

The guests were great but I actually wanted to hear more about the phone sex job/ open relationship stuff/ how you guys met/ how you got into katg etc
Nettie-poo likes this.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:18 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettie-poo View Post
Seconding most of this. Smashing pumpkins is not my thing
Dude. Siamese Dream is epic.

I humbly ask that the next girl Mike fucks in front of you plays their song 'Obscured' on an endless loop.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:21 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Subterfuge View Post
Dude. Siamese Dream is epic.

I humbly ask that the next girl Mike fucks in front of you plays their song 'Obscured' on an endless loop.
It'd have to be the first girl.

I have so many freaking issues that my first go, I don't even want to watch cause I wouldn't know what to do with myself. I want to be in the next room chilling on the computer or something listening to the moaning, any bed squeaking, ass slapping if it happens, the "Oh gods" and the grunt from his orgasm...and now I'm wet. Thanks dick.
Old 05-23-2015, 10:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I just wanted to thank you both for a few things.
Thank you for picking probably the best 3 guests you could for your epsiode. Seriously.
Thank you for supporting KATG. I need these fuckers in my life daily, yo.
Thank you for just putting yourself out there like that. You didn't have to, but you did and for that, I appreciate yall.
Thank you for this post. I never doubted it would be an awesome experience, but if anything your post let me know to stop bullshitting and save up for next year if I have to, but gotdamn it it's worth it.
And lastly, thank you Jeannette & Mike for giving us a kickass epsiode. L'chaim!
Scumhook likes this.
Tattoo #146, put some respect on my name!
#FuckToni, Show 1992: Comedy Outlaws
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
The thing is, Toni happens to be absolutely batshit.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:41 PM   #8 (permalink)

Shit. That came off all wrong. What I meant was 'Hey Smashing Pumpkins is great and this song - everyone should fuck to...'

Sorry Nettie. That was a dick thing to say.

Old 05-23-2015, 11:43 PM   #9 (permalink)

You know you're fine right and I was not offended by any means?

My comment about it being the first girl was only in response to your "the next girl" because we haven't made it happen for him.

I called you a dick because now I'm horny as hell, Mike works overnights, and I'm not going to answer to if I've masturbated to Kaplan or not.
Old 05-23-2015, 11:57 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettie-poo View Post
My comment about it being the first girl was only in response to your "the next girl" because we haven't made it happen for him.
Ohhhhhhhh.

Well. Hell. C'mon man! Shake a leg. Shake a vag. And stuff

It's kinda funny that you wanna fuck all the time and your man, (I'm just guessin' here) is all polite, shy, and reserved. Lol.

Male/ Female sexuality stereotypes. AMIRITE???