Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 04-26-2010, 01:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

If you are not white watch out if you live in arizona

Our governor Jan Brewer in her infinite wisdom decided that the solution to the illegal immigration problem in Arizona is to tell cops that they can stop anyone suspicious and ask them for proof of citizenship. If they can not immediately prove it the moment they are stopped they will be automatically detained.

Of course the question that should be asked is how do you tell a legal immigrant from an illegal immigrant or just someone who is hispanic in general. I have lived in either Texas or Arizona my whole life i sure as hell could not tell you who is here legitimately and who is not. This bill will have the unintended consequence of straining relations with the hispanic community and law enforcement which will only lead to more crime because most will be to afraid to come forward to report crimes for fear they may be deported if they don't happen to have proof of their citizenship.

Not to mention their is no way that this law will not be used for racial profiling since the only people being pulled over will be those who look hispanic. We need to do something about illegal immigration however in brewer's over zealousness to find a solution to satisfy her voters, and improve her poll numbers which are in free fall she has overlooked legitimate concerns that some have about giving law enforcement to much latitude especially given the criteria of what a so called suspicious illegal alien is as defined by the bill.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

Also, everyone--EVERYONE--private citizens included, can report police officials who refuse to enforce this piece of shit legislation.

usa?

The Arizona of 2010 is the Alabama of 1963

Last edited by Sparrow; 04-26-2010 at 01:22 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 01:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks AZ, now people will stop pointing fingers at our immigration policies.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

France and many other European countries already require everyone to carry ID, citizens, immigrants, and visitors.

95% of illegals in the United States are Hispanic. The other 5% are split among every other race.

Hiibel v. Sixth Judicial District Court of Nevada, 542 U.S. 177 (2004), held that statutes requiring suspects to identify themselves during police investigations did not violate either the Fourth or Fifth Amendments. Under the rubric of Terry v. Ohio, 392 U.S. 1 (1968), the minimal intrusion on a suspect's privacy, and the legitimate need of law enforcement officers to quickly dispel suspicion that an individual is engaged in criminal activity, justified requiring a suspect to identify himself.

It is a crime to be here illegaly. I don't know why you have to point that out to people, but they can hear "illegal immigrant" and say they're "not breaking any laws." Presenting a state issued driver's license or ID is a minimal intrusion on privacy, and dispels the suspicion of the crime. I'll gladly show my DL to any cop that asks so they can make it less "racial."

If I lived in AZ and was a white person, or a hispanic american, or a legal mexican immigrant, I'd carry my ID and just show it to any cop that walked or drove by, just to make any illegals around nervous.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

Eh... SB-1070 I believe shouldn't have been passed. They've tried so many ways to stop illegal immigration, but the Mexicans still seem to find their way over the boarder. I have no problem with them in fact I like that they are here. People say they take "our jobs" but they are usually offered the ones that none of us want. I like the idea of having them do a nice amount of yard work and I can pay them a hundred to split and some beer. On the other hand I'm Indian and have been mistaken as a Hispanic, cops are ignorant (at least most in Arizona).
Old 04-26-2010, 03:36 PM   #6 (permalink)

I think the solution is that if you are hispanic you should have to walk around wearing a sandwich board that has a large picture of your state ID.
That way you don't have to get stopped every 15 minutes by every police officer you walk past.

Isn't this legalized racial profiling? What kind of suspicious activity? Is speaking spanish suspicious? You might be illegal if you don't speak english.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansur View Post
France and many other European countries already require everyone to carry ID, citizens, immigrants, and visitors.
Bullshit you dont even believe that try telling every texan they must walk around with ID and be subject to random queries and they will secede from the union
Quote:
95% of illegals in the United States are Hispanic. The other 5% are split among every other race.
Got a link or something to prove that, sounds like horseshit to me ton's of asian caribbean and european illegals in the West SE and Notheastern US respectively
Quote:
Hiibel v. Sixth Judicial District Court of Nevada, 542 U.S. 177 (2004), held that statutes requiring suspects to identify themselves during police investigations did not violate either the Fourth or Fifth Amendments. Under the rubric of Terry v. Ohio, 392 U.S. 1 (1968), the minimal intrusion on a suspect's privacy, and the legitimate need of law enforcement officers to quickly dispel suspicion that an individual is engaged in criminal activity, justified requiring a suspect to identify himself.

It is a crime to be here illegaly. I don't know why you have to point that out to people, but they can hear "illegal immigrant" and say they're "not breaking any laws." Presenting a state issued driver's license or ID is a minimal intrusion on privacy, and dispels the suspicion of the crime. I'll gladly show my DL to any cop that asks so they can make it less "racial."
this is easy to justify when the manner of illegal being singled out looks nothing like you
Quote:
If I lived in AZ and was a white person, or a hispanic american, or a legal mexican immigrant, I'd carry my ID and just show it to any cop that walked or drove by, just to make any illegals around nervous.
I carry ID when I leave my home just cuz black people and the police have a strained relationship at best, and I dont want any to give any young whipper snapper cop reason to act up not because it's the right thing to do. Note how you said if you lived in AZ what do you do in your home state now.

I recall the annoyance (eventually used to my advantage) of being racially profiled and followed around stores back home (NYC) in the mid 90's, regardless of dress (urban to business-casual). Have you ever experienced this if not, don't write it off as a non-issue it's wrong and a civil rights violation. Not to the illegal but to the legal hispanics that will be violated by this.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:45 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_ticklah View Post
I carry ID when I leave my home just cuz black people and the police have a strained relationship at best, and I dont want any to give any young whipper snapper cop reason to act up not because it's the right thing to do.
In the past I'd never have thought that crap still goes on, but I recently (last 6 months) moved to an area that has a more concentrated population of african americans than anywhere else I've lived. In just the last 3 months I've watched the police roll up on people and start hassling them for no apparant reason.
Like I'll be in the area, have seen them doing nothing for 10 minutes. Cops pull up asking them for ID and just hassling them for no reason I can see.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:47 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_ticklah View Post
Bullshit you dont even believe that try telling every texan they must walk around with ID and be subject to random queries and they will secede from the union
Man, Texans sound more and more like spoiled children by the day.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:50 PM   #10 (permalink)

The bill specifically states that you cant stop or question people based on race. If someone is doing something suspicious or illegal they will now be able to arrest them if they are illegal. It is a HUGE problem out here in AZ. Crime is out of control and Phoenix is the kidnapping capital of the western hemisphere. Yeah it sucks for illegal immigrants who are just trying to make a better life but we cant keep ignoring the Mexican bad guys and hoping the problem will go away. Other states will likely impose the same type of laws within the next year.