Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 04-27-2010, 08:02 AM   #21 (permalink)

Ansur, Picard, you're both hiding your heads in the sand if you don't think every redneck asshole American vigilante in Arizona will feel validated and encouraged to harrass. There will be physical violence. Somebody is going to die. The spirit behind the legislation is shady and people are going to get hurt. Look back half a century here in the South; thirty years before that in Europe. They will not be politely asked to produce a driver's license.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:52 AM   #22 (permalink)

I love how people always say Mexicans aren't taking American jobs, they are only doing the jobs we 'won't' do. Thats half of the truth. I have no problem picking fruit, but I'm sure as hell not going to do it for 5 dollars an hour. The main problem with the jobs situation is the fact that people that hire illegals are constantly lobbying to keep the federal and state minimum wages as low as possible.

Here's another idea: examine why these people are risking their lives to cross the border. It's because MEXICO FUCKING SUCKS. We spend so much money on other countries, why not spend a little bit on making Mexico suck a little less.

Here's something that I have always found hilarious: Did you know that in many other countries (INCLUDING MEXICO), it is a FELONY to be there illegally?
Old 04-27-2010, 09:34 AM   #23 (permalink)

I fully support the law, but I will be interested to see how the AZ police departments are going to set up their enforcement of it. I would not be surprised if down the line the department will have a policy that immigration status checks be performed only after the commission of a crime, regardless if that crime is a misdemeanor or felony. Stopping subjects based solely on immigration status checks will make it difficult for an officer to fight any profiling complaints whether they are in fact doing so or not.
My bottom line is that being here illegaly is a crime, let the police enforce it. I just hope that the enforcement goes by the book so other states may see if this is a viable option for them. No one will really know, until someone is charged down the road and eventually taken to supreme court for an appeal, how this will hold up.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:08 AM   #24 (permalink)

Sparrow, I'm not hiding my head in the sand. If you have a perfect solution that could actually be implemented, please state it.

For me, I'd like to kick out all of the ones who have committed ANY violent crime, keep the rest and move their families here. I'd like to make those into Americans, get them to learn english, and take away the reason for over $49 billion a year being wired to Latin America countries. Let them get their families here and start seeing themselves as part of the USA instead of part of Mexico or El Salvador or wherever.

When I say I don't want Mexicans here, I don't mean I don't want people of Mexican descent or Hispanics in general. I just want them to become Americans and be part of THIS country, not still seeing themselves as Mexican citizens. Also, sealing that border and deporting the violent criminals would reduce crime rates in any city with a high amount of illegals.

Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
With conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
A mighty woman with a torch, whose flame
Is the imprisoned lightning, and her name
Mother of Exiles. From her beacon-hand
Glows world-wide welcome; her mild eyes command
The air-bridged harbor that twin cities frame.
"Keep ancient lands, your storied pomp!" cries she
With silent lips. "Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

I understand how the country was built, and I have no problem with poor, honest people wanting to come here because their country sucks. But right now, illegal immigration is a huge problem and helps criminals more than honest people.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:22 PM   #25 (permalink)

Are Blacks Next?

Since blacks make up the majority of those in jail.. Should they be stop by a-hole cops to make sure they're not doing something illegal?
WTF?http://www.keithandthegirl.com/forum...s/confused.gif
What a joke.. -> "life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness (unless you look Latin or black)"
The land of the Free? ha ha ha
I wonder how many hispanics will vote for republicans Ever?

Last edited by wae71; 04-27-2010 at 12:32 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:30 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wae71 View Post
Since blacks make up the majority of those in jail.. Should they be stop by a-hole cops to make sure they're not doing something illegal?
What a joke "the pursuit of happiness (unless you looks Latin or black)"
No....they already did something illegal, that's why they're in jail.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:33 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wae71 View Post
What a joke.. -> "life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness (unless you looks Latin or black)"
I wonder how many hispanics will vote for republicans Ever?
......sorry, I misunderstood you. I agree with you, though. Stuff like that already happens.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:34 PM   #28 (permalink)

This law applies to people of all color. There are illegal white immigrants as well. Obviously the largest number of illegals is the Hispanic population. People are making too big a deal of this. Go about your business and have your ID. If an officer stops you just be polite and you could be on your way in a matter of minutes.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:36 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shameless View Post
This law applies to people of all color. There are illegal white immigrants as well. Obviously the largest number of illegals is the Hispanic population. People are making too big a deal of this. Go about your business and have your ID. If an officer stops you just be polite and you could be on your way in a matter of minutes.
I'm thinking the same thing. If they would have phrased this differently, there wouldn't have been a problem. They should have just said that if you are questioned (for any reason) by a police officer and you don't have an ID, you will be detained.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:47 PM   #30 (permalink)

ID?

Many of you don't understand that getting an I.D. is very easy ... (remember getting one in high school?) that won't stop cops from harassing legal hispanics who don't walk around with their birth certificate not a copy of it .. how many of you even know where your birth certificate is?