Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree90Likes

Old 11-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Titttttiiiieees!!

Interesting News Items

Post all interesting news items here.
(Online)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 07:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

OREGON COUPLE ATTACKED BY CAT PLANS TO GET IT HELP

The Oregon owners of a 22-pound housecat who trapped them in their bedroom after attacking their baby say they're not giving up on their pet and are getting it medical attention and therapy.

Two days after police arrived to subdue the 4-year-old Himalayan cat, owner Lee Palmer of Portland said he's taking the feline to a veterinarian. A pet psychologist also is due at the house to see the cat, named Lux.

On the 911 call, Palmer tells the dispatcher he kicked the cat "in the rear" to protect his child. Palmer says the animal then "just went off over the edge" — leading Palmer and his girlfriend to barricade themselves, their baby and the family dog in the bedroom for safety.

Here are three selections of audio from the 911 call. (This audio is amazing) Oregon couple attacked by cat plans to get it help
Old 03-12-2014, 04:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

All Blacks Look Alike

A witness in the 80s murder of a police officer has said that all black people look "more or less" alike.

BBC News - PC Keith Blakelock murder witness: 'All blacks look alike'
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 01:16 PM   #4 (permalink)

Man Saved From Submerged Car Credits God?s Grace For the Rescue? and Prepares to Sue His First Responders

God giving him not just his life back but possibly some cash, he's some guy eh?
Old 03-17-2014, 01:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

Hateful, Piece of Shit, Bigot on Deathbed

Fred Phelps, 84, is in his last days at the Midland Hospice House in Topeka, Kansas, according to a Facebook post by his estranged son, Nate Phelps.

Fred Phelps founded Westboro Baptist Church, which has become famous for picketing the funerals of fallen soldiers and celebrities with signs that say “God hates fags” and “Thank God for IEDs.” His teachings blame homosexuality for the tragedy in the world, saying that God is punishing mankind for their sin. This has earned them the ire of Americans from both sides of the political aisle and across the religious spectrum.

A spokesman for the Westboro Baptist Church told CBS News on Sunday that Fred Phelps was not doing well. Spokesman Steve Drain would not characterize Phelps' condition.

"I can tell you that Fred Phelps is having some health problems," Drain told CBS. "He's an old man, and old people get health problems."

Nate Phelps said in his Facebook post that his father had been ex-communicated from WBC in August of 2013. So far nobody has reported why he would have been ex-communicated from the church he founded himself.

Nate Phelps, who has been estranged from his father for 30 years, expressed mixed emotions about his father’s condition.

“I'm not sure how I feel about this. Terribly ironic that his devotion to his god ends this way. Destroyed by the monster he made,” he posted on Facebook. “I feel sad for all the hurt he's caused so many. I feel sad for those who will lose the grandfather and father they loved. And I'm bitterly angry that my family is blocking the family members who left from seeing him, and saying their good-byes.”

Some reports say more than 20 of Phelps’ family members have escaped the church. Some of them, including Nate Phelps, have even gone on to become LGBT activists.

Fred Phelps was born in Meridian in 1929. Phelps’ church’s actions led to at least two federal and several state laws restricting protests during military funerals.

President George W. Bush signed the Respect for America's Fallen Heroes Act into law in 2006. In 2007, Kansas governor Kathleen Sebelius signed a bill establishing a 150-foot no-picketing buffer zone around funerals.

Since then, eight other states have enacted similar laws and 10 more were considering it.

In 2012, President Barack Obama signed the Honoring America’s Veterans and Caring for Camp Lejeune Families Act of 2012which requires a 300-foot and 2-hour buffer zone around military funerals.

In recent years, Westboro has visited Mississippi for the funeral of fallen Marine Jason Rogers, as well as to picket the movie “The Blind Side.” In a release about the movie protest, Westboro members stated that all Ole Miss football players will go to Hell, and that people can "get up close and personal with them, as you curse each other FOR ETERNITY! That is a LONG TIME."

The Ole Miss protest came the day after a visit to Graceland by Westboro church members.

“Some people believe that Elvis Presley is still alive. It is an interesting idea to explore. (WHAT?! You people need something to do with your time!!)" their website said about the Graceland protest. "Assuming you do believe that Elvis died, you can visit his grave at Graceland. (YES, gotta worship the rotting carcass of that lecherous, adulterous, pervert and drug addict!) I did NOT ask the Question: What happened in the Jungle Room! My stomach is only so strong."

According to his Wikipedia page, Fred Phelps is a disbarred lawyer, founder of the Phelps Chartered law firm, and a former civil rights activist. He has sought public office as a Democrat five times.

"A quarter of you are doing coke... Somebody got a dick attached"--Keet #1287
"The Adam's apple is like the balls of the throat"
--Keet #904
"I understand I'm punchin a guy in his sleep, but that's when I have to punch him" -- Keet #839
"I'll Judge you all day. It's why I woke up"--Patrice #796
"Tell me there's peppers and I'll gut myself like a Japanese"--Keet #671
"I yell, I make kids cry. I get into it" --Keet #590
Old 03-20-2014, 01:23 PM   #6 (permalink)

Ugandan First Lady Doesn?t Know Any Gay Cows, So Homosexuality Must Not Exist | Truth Wins Out

Uganda X'd off the globe yet?
Old 03-20-2014, 01:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Titttttiiiieees!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottishguy View Post
Uganda X'd off the globe yet?
Where?
scottishguy likes this.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:43 PM   #8 (permalink)

Gay Student Says Baptist School Denied Readmission « CBS St. Louis

Fucking ridiculous.
Old 03-21-2014, 11:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
Titttttiiiieees!!

I'm not going to read it, but with that said, what's ridiculous? It's a baptist school. What does baptist mean?
Old 03-22-2014, 05:22 AM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
I'm not going to read it, but with that said, what's ridiculous? It's a baptist school. What does baptist mean?
I get that I should come to expect stupid shit like this but it's something that shouldn't happen in this world. I don't know the difference between all of the Christian denominations, but apparently Baptist means bigoted dickheads.

Last edited by scottishguy; 03-27-2014 at 10:00 AM.