Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 06-09-2009, 12:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Iphone 3GS

Rogers wireless is bullshit. I want to upgrade my 3G (ive had it for a year) but they cant tell me when im available for an upgrade, and even then there are 5 diff types of upgrade classes that I could fall into, depending on my account. They said I would either qualify at 1 year or 2 depending. OK bitches, its been a year and im willing to pay... how much do you want. "We don't know" fuck you....

On a lighter note.... who's gettin one? who's upgrading from a 3G? Think its worth it?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 12:26 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter_chick View Post
Rogers wireless is bullshit. I want to upgrade my 3G (ive had it for a year) but they cant tell me when im available for an upgrade, and even then there are 5 diff types of upgrade classes that I could fall into, depending on my account. They said I would either qualify at 1 year or 2 depending. OK bitches, its been a year and im willing to pay... how much do you want. "We don't know" fuck you....

On a lighter note.... who's gettin one? who's upgrading from a 3G? Think its worth it?
why didn't you pull out what do we do now? That was the perfect oportunity.

I'm getting one. I'm upgradig from the original. My 2 year contract is up this month
Old 06-09-2009, 12:42 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:

Word from Rogers rep is that you are only eligible for an upgrade at 2 years. You will be able to buy the phone at full price if you do not qualify for an upgrade. $300/$400
Old 06-09-2009, 12:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:

I will be getting one.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:04 PM   #5 (permalink)

It's up in the air wid me between the Palm Pre and the new iPhone.

I think the Pre's development model has the potential to outpace the iPhone's, since it's script-based.

Meaning, the Pre will have lots of cool apps, soon.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:09 PM   #6 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Apple finally caught up to 2004 by introducing a phone that has such revolutionary features as copy/paste, video, and internet tethering. I can't bitch, I have a 3g, but I won't be upgrading.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:35 PM   #7 (permalink)

Last edited by outlaw; 02-15-2014 at 08:14 AM.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

These things are impressive. I'm in the market for a notebook right now so I'm more excited about the 13"MBP with SD slot and lighted keyboard for $1200.

It desperately needed the speed boost. It was way underpowered for the flashy software it was running. My Palm V is much snappier than the regular iPhone. Snappy is good when you need to quickly open a note taking, contact, or calendar app.

If they put the new faster hardware in the touch I'll buy one. It will make the touch a great PDA (it already is but it's kinda sluggish, I always go to my memo pad before the ipod which wasn't true when I carried a palm OS 3 device).

I'll not be geting an iPhone until the service price comes down a lot. Paying $100-$120/month for slow internet that can't be piped to a laptop is absurd. If they allowed tethering and get speeds up, I'll ditch my land line and DSL for one of these.
Old 06-09-2009, 01:55 PM   #9 (permalink)

Nice to see that the iPhone is finally the phone it should have been. I feel bad for Palm but they really shouldn't have announced the Pre so bloody early.

I would be looking into getting one but O2 (exclusive provider over here) are screwing their customers.

And yes, I still find it overpriced.
Old 06-09-2009, 02:15 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzagama View Post
It's up in the air wid me between the Palm Pre and the new iPhone.

I think the Pre's development model has the potential to outpace the iPhone's, since it's script-based.

Meaning, the Pre will have lots of cool apps, soon.

I'm def going to get the Pre as soon as I can. Sprint has better data connectivity/speed than ATT, and there rate plans are much better than ATT (you save about $1k per year).