Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 05-06-2010, 09:13 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverZ View Post
Got the latest KATG and unhooked it and picked up my Ipod classic and it had a red X on it and said to go to apple.com/support so I did. I did everything it listed and it still doesn't work.

Here's what I did:
iPod Displays a Red "X" Icon

The next step says take it to the Apple store. The nearest one is 2 hours and I was hoping to fix it with out that. Or should I save my time and not bother bringing it in? Is it dead?

Thanks!
If it is over 1 year old the only thing the apple store is going to do is give you a semi crappy deal to trade it in and get a new iPod. If you are the least bit tech savvy, research your model and problem online and see if it is a matter of opening up the iPod and fixing it with a cheap part. There are also companies online that will fix your iPod for you for a small fee.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:54 AM   #12 (permalink)

i think if you discharge the battery all the way and then recharge it the thing might work.
to get it to stay on so it can kill the battery do this: reset it then right when you see the apple logo hold previous and center. then it will take you to the whole systems analysis bullshit that they do when you send it in, just go auto test and DONT continue, it wont auto shut off cause of the mode its in
Old 05-06-2010, 06:29 PM   #13 (permalink)

Well, I got it working. I found some links that said that a giving it a nice bump will get it working. I dropped it on the carpeted floor and it fired right up.

But, now I can not find it with my Itunes. I uninstalled and reinstalled itunes and still nothing. It shows it as an available drive in my computer but doesn't come up in itunes. My fiances Ipod comes into itunes just fine though.

Thoughts?
Old 05-07-2010, 09:31 AM   #14 (permalink)

Have you tried resetting the iPod? Check here How to reset iPod . If that does not work,make sure windows is assigning it a drive letter. When you plug in the iPod, do you get the windows sound? If so, find your "My Computer" icon and right click it and choose manage. Then go to Disk Management. You may see a drive, maybe labeled iPod, but no drive letter assigned. If so right click on that drive, choose Change Drive Letter and Paths and choose Change and select Assign the following drive letter, then select an empty letter. Click Ok and close all the windows. Open iTunes and you should see it.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:03 PM   #15 (permalink)

I have gone through every trouble shooting thing I can find on the apple website and nothing has worked. It does show up in my computer and it has a drive letter. Now it even freezes itunes when its plugged in.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer

iPod classic - Apple Store (U.S.)