Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 01-08-2009, 04:39 AM   #11 (permalink)

Location: Gran, you might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It's just something that he does in the sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaMacFarlane View Post
I star in here!
more like lolly
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 12:20 PM   #12 (permalink)

Israeli News

Last edited by hayroob; 01-12-2009 at 12:24 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:56 PM   #13 (permalink)

I'm sure the Israeli military has a reason for destroying houses and going through people's walls aside from the "cleansing" of Palestine. *sarcasm* =/
Old 01-12-2009, 09:35 PM   #14 (permalink)

I'm sick and tired of this shit. where was this thread during the past 8 years when hamas was throwing rockets at us non stop even tho we pulled out of gaza? we didnt retaliate because we knew there are so many innocent people on their side. and now we are fed up.

where is your criticism sheepy and hayroob on what hamas is doing to israeli lives? fuck you all.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:52 PM   #15 (permalink)

To be completely honest Ella up until recently I haven't really payed much attention to the news nor did I understand the conflict. I'm not justifying what Hamas did. The entire situation is fucked. I don't think this current attack will be the end-all either.

Hamas is a terrorist organization. They kept bombing despite the peace treaties. They put their own innocent civilians in harms way so that if they were killed Hamas could condemn Israel. Fuck them yes! But Israel is not proving to hold the higher ground by harming these innocent people.

I do not look at one of the other side and say one is better than the other. My comments were towards that particular video not towards the entire conflict.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:57 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm sick and tired of this shit. where was this thread during the past 8 years when hamas was throwing rockets at us non stop even tho we pulled out of gaza? we didnt retaliate because we knew there are so many innocent people on their side. and now we are fed up.

where is your criticism sheepy and hayroob on what hamas is doing to israeli lives? fuck you all.
I'm not defending Hamas even a little bit, but the fact they are scum doesn't give Israel the right to commit war crimes against innocent civilians. UN aid workers are getting shelled trying to bring aid to civilians caught in the crossfire. 3 hours a day of cease fire is a joke, people who did nothing but live in the country where they were born are being slaughtered. Moving aggressively against Hamas does not mean that foreign aid that can help limit civilian death needs to be shut out.

Murdering peoples families isn't a good way to deter them from joining up with a terrorist group that is attacking you.

Last edited by hayroob; 01-12-2009 at 10:00 PM.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:00 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepy View Post
To be completely honest Ella up until recently I haven't really payed much attention to the news nor did I understand the conflict. I'm not justifying what Hamas did. The entire situation is fucked. I don't think this current attack will be the end-all either.

Hamas is a terrorist organization. They kept bombing despite the peace treaties. They put their own innocent civilians in harms way so that if they were killed Hamas could condemn Israel. Fuck them yes! But Israel is not proving to hold the higher ground by harming these innocent people.

I do not look at one of the other side and say one is better than the other. My comments were towards that particular video not towards the entire conflict.
I really don't know what other choice we had. obviously ignoring their actions in the hopes of them calming down didnt work.

and thanks for clearing up that your criticism was about the speciffic video.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:07 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
I really don't know what other choice we had. obviously ignoring their actions in the hopes of them calming down didnt work.

and thanks for clearing up that your criticism was about the speciffic video.
I think that the Israeli Palestinian conflict historically is very complicated and I could blather on endlessly about that part of it.
But right now Israel is there and not going anywhere and Gaza is being run by a terrorist groups. Israel has every right to come down on Gaza as hard as they are capable, but they have to show that they are legitimately trying to limit civilian casualties and not just turning overeager young soldiers loose on an entire people. Let UN workers in for 8 hours a day, set up well defined safe zones, communicate with international media to communicate your intent to limit unnecessary death, make sure that food and medical suppplies are available to aid workers.

If the Israeli military won't communicate with the media and Hamas and palestinian civilians will who do you think will get more play in the media?

And stop killing aid workers, shelling UN trucks that are trying to save peoples lives is going to win you absolutely no sympathy.

Thats what Israel can do.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:11 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayroob View Post
I'm not defending Hamas even a little bit, but the fact they are scum doesn't give Israel the right to commit war crimes against innocent civilians. UN aid workers are getting shelled trying to bring aid to civilians caught in the crossfire. 3 hours a day of cease fire is a joke, people who did nothing but live in the country where they were born are being slaughtered. Moving aggressively against Hamas does not mean that foreign aid that can help limit civilian death needs to be shut out.

Murdering peoples families isn't a good way to deter them from joining up with a terrorist group that is attacking you.
do we agree that hamas have been committing war crimesas well? for the past 8 years? bombinb israel and sending suicide bombers into israel?

because if we do, then you have to understand that israel must protect its citizens. hamas activists shoot from innocent civilians' homes and from kindergartens and schools and israel has to make the choice between their children and ours.

and regarding to the UN aid workers, im sure israel didnt intentionally target them. we WANT the world to be on our side and support our struggle as much as they do the palestinians' side. we have no reason to shoot at them. in fact a few days ago, because of mis-comunication, an israeli tank shot another and killed 3 of our own. these are mistakes.

and as for the cease fire, hamas will not talk to us even if we will. we asked for the UN to send someone to supervise the cease fire in case we stop shooting and no country volunteered to send their forces. not even in the arab world. even there, hamas is considered a trouble maker and the arabic world wants israel to finish hamas off.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:18 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayroob View Post
I think that the Israeli Palestinian conflict historically is very complicated and I could blather on endlessly about that part of it.
But right now Israel is there and not going anywhere and Gaza is being run by a terrorist groups. Israel has every right to come down on Gaza as hard as they are capable, but they have to show that they are legitimately trying to limit civilian casualties and not just turning overeager young soldiers loose on an entire people. Let UN workers in for 8 hours a day, set up well defined safe zones, communicate with international media to communicate your intent to limit unnecessary death, make sure that food and medical suppplies are available to aid workers.

If the Israeli military won't communicate with the media and Hamas and palestinian civilians will who do you think will get more play in the media?

And stop killing aid workers, shelling UN trucks that are trying to save peoples lives is going to win you absolutely no sympathy.

Thats what Israel can do.
let me tell you about how we tried to spare civilians' lives:

to every building that hamas activists stayed in that we wanted to shoot, our airforce dropped flyers telling the citizens to evacuate and even called their homes telling them to get out of there. the problem with hamas (well one of them) is that they hate us more than they love their children.

thats why they shoot at us from schools. our soldiers see where they fire from and aim to kill the rocket launchers and next thing you know they say israel targets schools all over the international media.