Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 12-19-2012, 01:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
Chamsa! Chamsa!

KATG Christmas CD

We put out a Christmas CD! This is a sincere, family-friendly album that we'd love to be played at your place on Christmas and/or be given as a gift/stocking stuffer!

We posted a sample for you to listen via the link below.

If you already bought it, please post what you thought about it here and spread the word on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, etc.

Thank you for giving this a listen: Christmas Classics by The Girl

Last edited by MichaelApproved; 07-16-2013 at 03:49 AM. Reason: Updated the link and content
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 03:10 AM   #2 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2021 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

My favourite Christmas songs have always been the more cheery and less mournful tunes so I'm totes down with these versions of We Wish You A Merry Christmas and Jingle Bells, especially with the crew coming in on backing vox. Also especially love the jauntiness of Chemda's voice on Jingle Bells.

The vocal on The Christmas Song is FUCKING INCREDIBLE. Holy moly is that some magically heart-melting singing. Are Christmas songs supposed to sound that hot?

My favourite is Mele Kalikimaka, which has been popping into my head two or three times a day at random moments since it was live on the show with Lauren, Ben and Myka in studio. I love it because the whole gang's on it. I love it because Ben's uke playing makes me happy. I love it because I'm a South Pacific kid and our Christmases aren't frosty and white, they're green and bright.
Old 12-20-2012, 12:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

this cd is gorgeous. i tend to get tired and sick of christmas music buit chemda's voice just makes it flow like syrup on pancakes. beautiful
Old 12-28-2012, 01:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

My tree's still up, and I'm still listening to this. Every night's O Holy Night.