Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree10Likes

Old 11-28-2008, 12:52 AM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subsonix View Post
Nice work BW! Think there may have to be a Scream interview sooooooon!
Demmit! I was hoping Audiobuzzed would be first. FINE you in the same country. GAH.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 12:53 AM   #92 (permalink)

Hey Subby, btw, I've been having problems downloading ep 14, it's gotten 38.7megs in, then gives a 8006 error in iTunes. I can't refresh the feed either
Old 11-28-2008, 10:39 PM   #93 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by portions_for_foxes View Post
"Bent"
A podcast for the Fluid Generation.

bentpodcast.blogspot.com or if you'd rather just have the RSS Bent

Bent is hosted by two "sexually unconventional" teens. We discuss gay news, pop culture, and politics from the point of view of young but intelligent individuals.

(Like most beginning podcasts we have yet to truly commit. We have two shows and can't seem to find the time to record another, but the desire is still there. So, for the time being, we aren't calling it quits.)
Subscribed and listening to this right now--pretty good. Hope you get to record more very soon.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:46 AM   #94 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNally View Post
I give Brian Ward's show ten thumbs up. He recorded it in his car on the way to work, so you can play a drinking game for how many times he comments on somebody being a shitty driver.

Spoiler: It's only twice, but it cracked me up both times.
heheh! "Stupid bitch! What do you think you're doing!?!"

Good stuff, Brian W (and some awesome toonage ).
Old 11-29-2008, 08:24 AM   #95 (permalink)

Thanks Badger - I wish I was recording today, I had car honking and, "you fuckin idiot!". It's like the last week has made everyone a shit driver and it's my time to document it all.

I should have another show up next week
Old 11-29-2008, 02:54 PM   #96 (permalink)

Lol I just did the same as brian last week(ish). I posted a separate thread, but I'll throw it in here for the "directory". Hoping to have another done by next weekend, I don't think I'm stickin to just London bands tho, I don't have enough music (tho lots of good bands!)

Radio Free Forest City
Old 11-29-2008, 05:01 PM   #97 (permalink)

Haha, nice, this fella recorded a show while working in the booth of a parking lot. I like that, it reminds me of when I used to do shows from the projection booth at a movie theatre. Nothing like multi-tasking at work.

I'd recommend dropping the volume of the songs a bit so they match more closely with the talking parts. When a songs kicks in at full volume it can shock the ears a bit.

I mostly agree with you about the Gandharvas first album, First Day of Spring was definitely the standout. Their third album was a lot more streamlined and rock oriented than the others, and I did a whole tribute podcast about it. If you ever need something to listen to at work and wanna give the local boys another chance, here it is:

http://media.libsyn.com/media/logorrhea/hamradio13.mp3
Old 11-29-2008, 05:30 PM   #98 (permalink)

Awesome, I'll give it a listen. I've meant to subscribe to Ham Radio, but the one time I was gonna the 4-hour podcast just went up and just made me go "oh shit!" but I like the videocast you did.

I'll definately drop the volume some more (it's actually 50% of the voice tracks in Audacity) and I'm thinking some crossfade might be a good idea, too.

Do you find it's easier to theme a podcast or just kinda throw whatever?
Old 11-29-2008, 06:03 PM   #99 (permalink)

Usually I just do whatever, but genre themes are pretty easy. All soft songs, all loud songs, whatever. But doing a whole show about one band is really tough, which is why I only really did it that once. Whatever personal stories or relationship you have with the music gets eaten up after the first couple songs, whereas if there's a mix of bands it's much easier for one of them to spark a new thought or story.
Old 11-29-2008, 06:46 PM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
I'd recommend dropping the volume of the songs a bit so they match more closely with the talking parts. When a songs kicks in at full volume it can shock the ears a bit.
You can fix this in Audacity by compressing the show, which will even out the levels. You find the Compression tool under Effects.

GP.