Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree10Likes

Old 12-23-2008, 12:48 AM   #141 (permalink)

Wardio - Baby Showers, Cakes and Death Metal

An epic long show due to my day not planning out the way it was supposed to but it made for a good show.

If you don't like heavy music, give it a shot anyway you pussy.

Wardio: Baby Showers, Cakes and Death Metal
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 11:56 AM   #142 (permalink)

I finally got my new show up after fighting with it for almost 2 weeks! First editing was a pain in the ass, then I kept having issues getting it uploaded, but it's finally there! Assuming no issues, the next one should be up soon, since I recorded it a week ago and have been waiting to get this one up before working on the next one.

It's a long one, and it may be a few podcasts before I do pt. 2, but enjoy!

It's a "Good" Day pt. 1
Old 12-23-2008, 12:05 PM   #143 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I just starting checking out Ham Radio and I'm pleasantly surprised. I figured I'd just skip the song and move onto McNalley's talking bits, but I'm finding that a lot of the stuff he says about the songs (if he gives a tidbit, or some personal experience) makes me actually want to hear the song.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:40 PM   #144 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoogbear63 View Post
I just starting checking out Ham Radio and I'm pleasantly surprised. I figured I'd just skip the song and move onto McNalley's talking bits, but I'm finding that a lot of the stuff he says about the songs (if he gives a tidbit, or some personal experience) makes me actually want to hear the song.
Yeah, I find his show a treat to listen to. His insight on the songs is just short of amazing. I would never be able to posess that kind of knowledge on music. I also enjoy the mesh of his introspective monologues with the songs. At least for me, I find them complimentary.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:52 PM   #145 (permalink)

I was having fun at Nice Guy Eddie's seeing if I could come up with music trivia for the songs that people referenced. For instance, when Julio played My Sharona, I went with the Kurt Cobain factoid. But The Knack were also early supporters of Weird Al Yankovic because they liked his song My Balogna, and helped him get a record deal. If only all this random knowledge was honestly useful in some way...
Old 12-23-2008, 04:45 PM   #146 (permalink)

I used to love the old Weird Al polkas - "Word to your mother! Ice Ice Baby".
My Year 6 assembly was organised by my friends and I so I made us do the Polka Your Eyes Out medley complete with actions for every line. It was my opus.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:53 PM   #147 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNally View Post
I was having fun at Nice Guy Eddie's seeing if I could come up with music trivia for the songs that people referenced. For instance, when Julio played My Sharona, I went with the Kurt Cobain factoid. But The Knack were also early supporters of Weird Al Yankovic because they liked his song My Balogna, and helped him get a record deal. If only all this random knowledge was honestly useful in some way...
well it's always cool to learn those factoids on your show. Also it would probably help in some music version of trivia pursuit when going up against Jesse Joyce
Old 12-23-2008, 07:01 PM   #148 (permalink)

Sorry to interrupt the flow, but I really feel a need to plug my shit. We just released the third episode _Radio, featuring a playlist of my sister's songs, so you can only blame me partly if you don't like it, but you can subscribe !here!, or directly in iTunes !here!

Back on topic, I love McNally's input and song knowledge, and I find I love the Julianna's blog episodes a lot too, because I love knowing the purpose behind the writing of the songs too, being a songwriter myself.

The world needs more HAM radios, because there's what, only 5 now?
Old 12-24-2008, 09:13 PM   #149 (permalink)
47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Yeah... I'm listening back to all of them. I'm a pretty big music trivia buff (wikipedia is a godsend for that kinda stuff also) so I'm going back and getting all the HAM radios to check out at work. Between the music trivia and the wrestling stuff (showed a ton of insight on the Wrestlemania show), I really want to get a chance to meet and bullshit with McNally.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:52 AM   #150 (permalink)

Well, it would seem that using my parking lot booth as an editing studio works well, as in one day I've put together 2 more episodes! I've put one up today, and I'm gonna wait a few days before I put up my next one. They were supposed to be one show, but because of the uploading issues I had with the last one, I've separated them to conserve space. I don't think I can post an episode longer than an hour or so without my FTP timing out on my site.

Also, I only have 300MB, so I'm either going to have to start removing old episodes or upping my hosting package, not sure yet.

Anyways...Memories of Summers Long Passed pt. 1

Bet you can't find me: Blog - Facebook - Last.fm - Twitter - DeviantArt - CastRoller

"You're gonna get what you deserve, and not a bullet less. Hey Sammy, ain't ya heard? Only killers call killin' progress..."