Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree10Likes

Old 01-05-2009, 09:28 PM   #161 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoogbear63 View Post
Since KATG has pretty much moved away from podcast alley and after being in the top 10 a few times and seeing much of a push from it, where else (other than iTunes) would you guys suggest promoting your show at? Any suggestions at all are welcome.
And cuz podcast alley are deeks. It was a Podshow production thing, if I remember. Anywhoo- we submitted our podcast in October and it was searchable for like 2 days then POOF! Gone. So we have used their "trouble ticket" system several times and zero response.

Meevio budget cuts?

Dunno.

Podcast Alley. Pfft.

We host with Podomatic (for now- not TOO much longer... their storage is quite cramped...) and they have a directory. Also Podcast Pickle is supposed to be good.

I find all the podcasts I need right here. Ithakyouverymuch!

Our first few were recorded on a Logitech webcam mic, so- quality was pretty bad, but not unlistenable. Since we have no self control, we waited all the way to episode 4 to get a mixer and mics.

I got the kiddos "High School Musical Sing-It" and it is bundled with a USB mic that conveniently works not only with PS2 but also with any computer, so if you want a quick easy mic solution- BAM! $14.97 at Target on clearance.

I cannot get the mixer to interface right with GarageBand so we have been recording in Audacity and... I kinda don't like it, but I'm too cheap to pay for anything.

There is a suhWEET program called ubercaster that looks AWESOME but is $80. mmmmmmmmmmmm

Ok- enough geek for today.

http://www.DaHBrew.com
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:33 PM   #162 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdahonay View Post
And cuz podcast alley are deeks. It was a Podshow production thing, if I remember. Anywhoo- we submitted our podcast in October and it was searchable for like 2 days then POOF! Gone. So we have used their "trouble ticket" system several times and zero response.

Meevio budget cuts?

Dunno.

Podcast Alley. Pfft.
Took podcast alley about 2 months to put up Audiobuzzed once we registered for it. Canada Podcast Network was in touch with me immediately. Also, when I did my monthly voting I couldn't find The Dah Theory for January when I did for December to throw you some votes.

Podcast Alley. Pfft.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:47 PM   #163 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdahonay View Post
I cannot get the mixer to interface right with GarageBand so we have been recording in Audacity and... I kinda don't like it, but I'm too cheap to pay for anything.

There is a suhWEET program called ubercaster that looks AWESOME but is $80. mmmmmmmmmmmm

Ok- enough geek for today.
I tried using GarageBand but it won't record more than about an hour. It's more user friendly, which would be nice, but Audacity records for over an hour straight with no problems. And you can't beat the price...
Old 01-06-2009, 01:42 AM   #164 (permalink)

who does Ear Candy? i just started listening...

i dig it i
Old 01-06-2009, 04:16 AM   #165 (permalink)

You guys gotta check out The Scream's new ep. Rey Rey has got some crazy crazy stories of his time down here in Aussieland. If you only check out one episode make it this one!!
Old 01-06-2009, 06:52 PM   #166 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliofromny View Post
Heard your most recent episodes and enjoyed all the banter. Sounds quality seemed top notch but then again I can't tell good from bad so I'm not really one to judge. It was funny... my stomach started feeling uneasy as soon as you guys started talking about your nightmare bowel movement stories and I immediately decided to give in and save myself any embarrassment. Keep up the good works
I'm really trying to get through one show without talking about feces, it's harder than it seems. Thanks for listening, hope you come back. "Less fecal talk in '09!"
Old 03-07-2009, 08:34 AM   #167 (permalink)

Audiobuzzed two lost episodes posted. New ones to come at www.audiobuzzed.com
Old 03-07-2009, 11:22 AM   #168 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJim50 View Post
Audiobuzzed two lost episodes posted. New ones to come at www.audiobuzzed.com
Yay! Can't wait to listen.

Uncast episode 119 will be released tonight. 120 recorded tonight as well.

Still waiting on a new Hardcore History and The Dah Theory 33.
Old 03-07-2009, 11:36 AM   #169 (permalink)

The Dah Theory #33 is in post production as I type this and will be posted in the next hour.

Episode #34 was recorded last night (and is 2 hours long ) and will hopefully be posted tomorrow sometime or Monday at the latest.

With Mr. DaH being out of town last week on a whim and our crazy schedules, it's been hard to get mic time together. We have a TON more catching up to do with everyone. So expect 2-3 episodes this upcoming week (in addition to the above mentioned) before heading to Sunny SoCal for Unniversary Squared!

Thanks to everyone for listening. We are loving the feedback and want your theories to discuss on the show, too! Email us info@thedahtheory.com.

<3 & Kisses... DaH
Old 03-07-2009, 11:47 AM   #170 (permalink)

So we are hosted at Pod-O-Matic, but it's time to switch over to LibSyn. Does anyone have experience with how to change your feed "target" in iTunes?

It seems really complicated. If anyone has had to do this, lemme know if you have a tutorial. I don't want to have to go in and start a whole new feed and be "lost" to everyone who is already subscribed.

Kthxbai!