Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 03-05-2010, 10:42 AM   #161 (permalink)

Flame war much? I have to say that McNally, Matt B and Kyle did an exquisite job of keeping the podcast going - which i cannot thank them enough for.

Kudos to Keith and Chemda for pulling off another great fucking marathon - all the guests were excellent.

So who's got problems with it?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:06 AM   #162 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldmuffin View Post
So who's got problems with it?
To quote my favourite comedian and spiritual guide, "A war occurs when TWO armies are fighting".

The pink buttplug is the only one who complained, and poor Petek feel for it. No flames, just one act of trolling.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:23 AM   #163 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyButtPlug View Post
So in response to you I would say that if they move their bedroom away from the studio they could do the marathon for longer.
AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You suggest they reconstruct their home in order to better suit their podcasting? Do you read back what you write? What kind of a home are you living in? Or do you actually think it's a bunch of people huddled around a little laptop, and not a full radio operation with boom mics and sound mixers?

Quote:
wow, i tried to be civil to you but you are really a fucking retard, aren't you?
Glass house.

Quote:
It is not on me to prove I can podcast!! How does that relate to whether it's hard to do a marathon or not???? For fuck's sake, open your fucking brain.

If I've never seen the sky before, and I say it's blue--doesnt mean it's not blue because i've never seen it!
If you say the sky is blue when you have never seen it, you are only guessing. However, you insisting your guess is fact is what makes you an idiot.

Keith and Chemda have been podcasting for FIVE YEARS. This is a full-time job for them, not a hobby. In that time, they have risen to the top of a sub-genre of radio that many people still have not even heard of, nevermind take seriously as a career. Very few people can do this as a career. In terms of a marathon, they did not start running in January and decide to do 26.2 miles two months later. They had to train, learn the techniques and oft overlooked details, and really plan to make it happen. They had to cater the event, schedule guests so the show doesn't go dead, remain topical and keep conversation flowing, and interact with a live audience the entire time.

Really, if you think it's easy to do it for one day, or even one hour, I challenge you to prove it. And when you think "look, I did it for one hour, clearly 75 hours will be a piece of cake!", prove that too. Of course, you won't have an audience, and it won't matter anyway.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:25 AM   #164 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
To quote my favourite comedian and spiritual guide, "A war occurs when TWO armies are fighting".

The pink buttplug is the only one who complained, and poor Petek feel for it. No flames, just one act of trolling.
Eh, feed the troll for a while. My last response will be the end of my interaction. Only a 12-year-old would choose "MyButtPlug" as a screen name and think it was cute.
Old 03-05-2010, 01:26 PM   #165 (permalink)

Quote:
Petek, i understand your anger toward a pink alcoholic buttplug, but arent you the same guy that had the audacity to call ME a robot because i post a lot. Let it go, buddy. McNally doesnt care about apologies. He's canadian, they dont have feelings.
Which is why I thought an apology would be especially fun.

What? It was the middle of the night here. I got on a schedule with that marathon.

And I didn't call you a robot. I asked if you might be one. I was told by people I've never met that you aren't so....I'm keepin' an eye on you.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:12 PM   #166 (permalink)

Quote:
He's canadian, they dont have feelings.
We do! But it's magical unicorns and rainbows and maple syrup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNally View Post
Dixon The Ass. One of my favorite marathon moments.
That was stellar. And Kyle rocked it, you keep impressing me!

McNally, I thought you were doing a great job, your voice is also perfect for overnights.

Congratulations everyone and thank you for working so hard for us.

Last edited by Rhian; 03-05-2010 at 07:31 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:05 AM   #167 (permalink)

Does anyone know if the second marathon be available for download like the first one? I heard parts of over the course of the weekend, and it was awesome. I hope I'll be able to hear the whole thing!
Old 05-10-2010, 08:14 AM   #168 (permalink)

Of course it will, it just takes much longer than a normal REALLY long show; because all the audio has been sourced from several different people (all with different equipment, recording levels, etc...) the editors are doing their best to piece it all together in order and have it at a listenable state for your hearing pleasure.

Just be patient and if you listen to KATG daily you'll be informed as to when it is available to download.