Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 08-01-2006, 02:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

KATG on Sirius Radio's The Jay Thomas Show

Don't know if any of you listen to Jay, but I enjoy it. Sort of like Howard for old(er) people, and on at a time during the day when I can listen.

Anyway, he's always asking for guest suggestions, so I wrote in and suggested that Keth and Chemda would be perfect for his show. And guess what -- I got an email back from the show saying they'll be on tomorrow, Wednesday, at 2:30p EST. I didn't go into a ton of detail about the show, just used their own words, "KATG talk shit," and maybe I could have mentioned they have some choice things to say about Podshow <g>, but also that they talk about everything and anything, from sex to clowns. So if you've got Sirius, listen up!

If I'm off work in time to record it, I will. I record from Sirius all the time, but have never transferred it to my computer. Is there a place here where I can upload it, or submit it to someone for uploading, assuming I am successful?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2006, 02:45 PM   #2 (permalink)

FUUUUUUUCK YOU! welcome.

is this really gonna happen? i have to check out the show then...
Old 08-01-2006, 02:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

First of all, welcome to the forums, and a big

Fuuuuuuuuuuck Youuuuuu!

Yes... There are a lot of options for uploading the (mp3) file to a host. Send me a Private message if you need details. But try googling: "Free file hosting" first.

PLEASE record it for us.

Thankyouverymuch.
Old 08-01-2006, 02:57 PM   #4 (permalink)

Hey, arcatacat, you used to live in Arcata, CA? I grew up in Trinidad. Small world, huh?
Old 08-01-2006, 03:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juline
Hey, arcatacat, you used to live in Arcata, CA? I grew up in Trinidad. Small world, huh?
Hahaha, yeah... I went to college at HSU. I've been using that name online ever since.

Now if I could only get my hands on some Moonstone Porter from Six Rivers Brewing Co.

In an unrelated coincidence, I used to date a girl named Juline (in Colorado).
Old 08-01-2006, 03:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcatacat
Now if I could only get my hands on some Moonstone Porter from Six Rivers Brewing Co.

In an unrelated coincidence, I used to date a girl named Juline (in Colorado).
Lots of good ingestible products come from Humboldt. And that IS a coincidence -- I've never met another Juline in all my <clears throat> 39 years, no kidding.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:20 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Lots of good ingestible products come from Humboldt. And that IS a coincidence -- I've never met another Juline in all my <clears throat> 39 years, no kidding.
Well, Juline from Portland, you're officially the second that I have encountered. In my 32 years.

So do you have that file sharing all squared away? Btw, what kind of file do you create when you record from Sirius? Just wondering...
Old 08-01-2006, 03:35 PM   #8 (permalink)

I haven't looked into the file sharing yet. I have a Creative mp3 player that has an FM tuner. I turn on the Sirius receiver, tune the mp3 to the same FM frequency as the Sirius tuner, set the mp3 player on top of it, and hit record. I'm pretty sure it's a .wav file. My husband records Howard this way -- starts it early in the morning before he goes to bed, and by the time he leaves for work in the morning the show is finished and he can listen all day at work. I haven't been able to get him into KATG yet because his day is consumed with Howard's long-ass shows!
Old 08-01-2006, 03:42 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
I haven't looked into the file sharing yet. I have a Creative mp3 player that has an FM tuner. I turn on the Sirius receiver, tune the mp3 to the same FM frequency as the Sirius tuner, set the mp3 player on top of it, and hit record. I'm pretty sure it's a .wav file. My husband records Howard this way -- starts it early in the morning before he goes to bed, and by the time he leaves for work in the morning the show is finished and he can listen all day at work. I haven't been able to get him into KATG yet because his day is consumed with Howard's long-ass shows!
Well, I have faith, until I hear otherwise that you can get him to listen to KATG. Just buy him a shirt and have him wear it on a Wednesday... that ought to do the trick.

As far as recording the show tomorrow, getting the file converted to mp3 would be best. I could listen to the wav file, although it would be big... but many people on here use mac, and they'd be assed out without converting it to mp3. Again, google "convert .wav to .mp3" and you're golden. Let me know if you need suggestions. I would love to hear what kind of airplay KATG has on Sirius.
Old 08-01-2006, 03:45 PM   #10 (permalink)

worst comes to worst you can convert it in iTunes. Add it to your library and click convert to MP3 or whatever your current CD importing setting is.