Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 06-28-2006, 09:01 PM   #11 (permalink)

Why is Dane Cook still number one downloaded podcast???

And why aren't KATG in top 100??

If everyone switched to iTunes for downloads they should be there somewhere, right?
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 09:57 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger678
Mostly people on other sites talking shit,

Alexa rankings and the Usual bullshit. I know that when I was a listener, on there comments page people kept saying they were leaving. They did a whole show on people being jerks and getting mad at them and they didn't like it, real whiny stuff. Same Time I discovered KATG so that made it an easy switch.
I heard alexa ONLY counts IExplorer and not Firefox web browsers.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

Alexa counts IE browsers withthe Alexa toolbar installed. If you use firefox, you need to have the A9 toolbar installed. Alexa does not count any hits without one of the toolbars.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:18 PM   #14 (permalink)

Yeah, it's toolbar only. There really needs to be something like Nielsen for hte web.

And for unknown soldier...ITunes ranks only count as # of subscriptions per hour. Not total subscribers. There are some amazingly popular podcasts that don't even make the hot 100 because the users subscribe once, and then that's it. newbies only trickly in, so they only receive a few new subscriptions per hour.

And we all know podcast ally isn't exactly the most accurate thing either. I am waiting for some third party to come up with a great rating system that let's everyone know whose really making waves, and whose just talking shit.
Cough (DailySourceCode) Cough
Old 06-28-2006, 10:31 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by unknownsoldier
DND have gone up to 36 ish because of being on the front page, and KATG have gone down 1 in the rankings to 31 since that page went up.

iTunes ranking is the true barometer of widespread popularity. Does anyone else feel like the name "keith and the girl" isn't enticing to a random on iTunes?! Maybe "sex sex sex suck a dick" would get KATG to number 1.
no..................
Old 06-28-2006, 10:59 PM   #16 (permalink)

sweet congrats
Old 06-29-2006, 02:25 AM   #17 (permalink)

Adam Curry rocks

Yea, Itunes rankings are ridiculous. I can't seriously believe 100,000 people are out there subscribing to Dane Cook and enjoying it. What a douce.

I'm sure there isn't a podcast that has more minutes/week. That has to count for something.
Old 06-29-2006, 06:15 AM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardAZ
What a douce.

I'm sure there isn't a podcast that has more minutes/week. That has to count for something.
deuce? douche? either way.../shrug

i listen to Bruce Williams, through his 'podcast'. he does 3 hours a day, 5 days a week, is nationally syndicated, played all over the world, and has been doing it longer than any other radio talk show host ever(30+ years, i believe). hes nowhere to be seen on iTunes, though i know hes got to be right up there with Rush or Stern in ratings, just a different genre.

no matter what though, everyone should be downloading and listening through iTunes if they are able. or donate a few bucks to KATG through paypal, whichever they find easier is completely acceptable, both will help out alot.
To be fair, to really follow Spooky's diet, you can't just eat chicken. You have to spend your days cleaning up after a slob roommate and night shivering like a rain soaked rage filled chihuahua about having to clean up after said roommate until you finally snap and yell at him. It should be called the Mexican maid diet.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:09 AM   #19 (permalink)

also...it took me forever to find the 1 year thing because it was in banner form......

do you people actually click on banners? does that form of advertising actually work?
Old 06-29-2006, 07:41 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky
also...it took me forever to find the 1 year thing because it was in banner form......

do you people actually click on banners? does that form of advertising actually work?
Just depends whats in the banner. If it strikes my intrest, of course i would click, but if its there, i just ignore it.