Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Talk Shite (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   KATG wiki page being considered for deletion (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f6/katg-wiki-page-being-considered-deletion-17640/)

littlp 03-25-2013 06:38 AM

KATG wiki page being considered for deletion

I noticed that it was being considered foe deletion. Here is the link to argue why it should not be deleted Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Keith and The Girl (2nd nomination) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

dannyhatch 03-25-2013 01:42 PM

Hey littlp,

Thanks for bringing that up. I clicked the link you added and don't really understand too well what it's saying. Do you have any suggestions as to how to keep the page afloat?

Thanks,
Danny

littlp 03-25-2013 02:00 PM

From what I understand if enough people write in with 'legitimate' reasons to keep the page up, they would keep it up. It seems that they think that Keith and Chemda are not 'mainstream' or 'celebrity' enough. Also from what I understand once it is flagged for potential deletion, people have 7 days to put their arguments in.

dannyhatch 03-25-2013 02:02 PM

Thanks. What do you mean "put their argument in"? Submit links to articles or just write in about why they deserve to have a wikipedia page? Thanks. We're trying to get this right.

DWarrior 03-25-2013 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dannyhatch (Post 743134)
Thanks. What do you mean "put their argument in"? Submit links to articles or just write in about why they deserve to have a wikipedia page? Thanks. We're trying to get this right.

Looks like we have to provide proof for these:
Wikipedia:Notability - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Wikipedia:Notability (web) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:

No inherent notability

"Notable" is not synonymous with "fame" or "importance," and even web content that editors personally believe are "important" or "famous" are only accepted as notable if they can be shown to have attracted notice. No web content is exempt from this requirement, no matter what kind of content it is. If the individual web content has received no or very little notice from independent sources, then it is not notable simply because other web content of its type are commonly notable or merely because it exists (see "If it's not notable", below).

When evaluating the notability of web content, please consider whether they have had any significant or demonstrable effects on culture, society, entertainment, athletics, economies, history, literature, science, or education. High-traffic websites are likely to have more readily available verifiable information from reliable sources that provide evidence of notability. However, smaller websites can be notable. Arbitrary standards should not be used to create a bias favoring larger websites.

No inherited notability

Web content is not notable merely because a notable person, business, or event was associated with it. If the web content itself did not receive notice, then the web content is not notable. For example, if a notable person has a website, then the website does not "inherit" notability from its owner. In such cases, it is often best to describe the website in the article about the notable person.
Similarly, a website may be notable, but the owners or authors do not "inherit" notability due to the web content they wrote.
I'm actually curious if WTF falls under Notability by that standard. Apparently a project of a notable person does not inherit notability, and I don't think WTF had much cultural impact.

I would think part of the KATG defense should be its influence on other podcasts, referencing those other podcasts as the source. (When Keith and KATG were on WTF and NYCCR, both hosts said how instrumental KATG were to helping them start their podcast. I would imagine there are many more such sources we can reference, but I don't listen to other podcasts)

littlp 03-25-2013 03:02 PM

We could say that they have been on the following popular media
-Jane
-Elle magazine
-Somerset newspaper (forgot what the name was)

I know that they did a ton of press for their book and have appeared in several books about podcasting. If I had all of those sources off hand I would put them in, but unfortunately I don't.

Keith has appeared in a movie; Chemda has sung with several artists and is on several CDs...I really don't know why those won't count as a good enough reason for them to keep their page.

Hennessy 03-25-2013 03:47 PM

I went to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikiped...2nd_nomination)

and put in my case. I suggest all of you go in and mention why they are still relevant. Site their cd's, site their appearances and MAKE YOUR CASE.

Just make sure you copy the way everyone else has been making their case on the page. With the bold 'keep' and the signature you can add at the bottom. It looks like ~~~~~~~~ or something. You can just click on it and it'll take care of the rest.

GO TO THE LINK ABOVE AND SAVE KATG WIKI PAGE PLEASE.

Hennessy 03-25-2013 03:47 PM

Also spread the word yall

Sparrow 03-25-2013 04:02 PM

what are some numbers regarding the attendance of katg week?

Hennessy 03-25-2013 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparrow (Post 743141)
what are some numbers regarding the attendance of katg week?

Oh good call. Emailing you now.