Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree6Likes

Old 03-26-2013, 05:52 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
Look at you being all helpful and shit, so out of character.
I'm being helpful due to the great night's sleep I had on my mattress.
dEadERest likes this.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:08 PM   #22 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scumhook View Post
Maybe also something about being a pioneer in monetising podcasts? Chemda is now a verified Entrepreneur (fuck me, I spelled it right!!!) and their business model of VIP etc I would guess has been a template for many others who followed them (e.g. WTF).

I'll write something on the wiki, but others here probably have more of an idea about this shit than I do.

Citations will make a difference here. What was the article/interview she was recently featured on? Also, we should link to KATG: How Does A Podcast Charge For Content That Used To Be Free? ? with Chemda | Business Tips
Old 03-26-2013, 08:23 PM   #23 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Noticed there was no citation or link for "What do we do now?", so Amazon: What Do We Do Now?: Keith and The Girl's Smart Answers to Your Stupid Relationship Questions: Keith Malley, Chemda: 9780307454393: Amazon.com: Books

and the press release from the publisher: Press Release: What Do We Do Now? Keith and The Girl?s Smart Answers to Your Stupid Relationship Questions by Keith Malley and Chemda | The Crown Publishing Group
Old 03-26-2013, 08:34 PM   #24 (permalink)

I don't understand how Wikipedia seems to think that KATG isn't notable. I feel like the article is full of thorough information, and what isn't notable about being a podcast (one of the first ones, to boot) with almost 2000 shows AND all those spinoff shows? It's not some weak article like this one:

Gongjing District - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Like, really? This article gets to stay, but KATG doesn't? Ugh.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #25 (permalink)

thx johho & lizzy.

Do you want me to add the citations (bearing in mind I'm a wiki virgin)?

It would probably be good if more people added stuff so it doesn't look like it's just a couple of people supporting KATG.

Having said that, I'm happy to add if needed. I shall expect vile sexual favours as payment, naturally.
Cart Horse likes this.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:51 AM   #26 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Since people haven't seemed to catch on to this detail yet, citations of KATG material is specifically not recognized as in indicator of KATG notability.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:17 AM   #27 (permalink)

Make sure you're spelling things right, if you're updating. After scanning it quickly, I noticed Eugene Mirman's name was misspelled twice. Silly mistakes tank credibility, so be extra on-the-lookout for that.

Thanks
Old 03-27-2013, 04:07 PM   #28 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandias View Post
Since people haven't seemed to catch on to this detail yet, citations of KATG material is specifically not recognized as in indicator of KATG notability.
The first commenter on the deletion page suggested the page needed to be better cited, so just doing my bit to suggest some easy citations. No need to be a dick about it.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:42 PM   #29 (permalink)

Laughspin is a pretty legit comedy website, in the recent article about KATG in the title they call KATG "comedy podcast pioneers". A laughspin link should probably count as citation worthy?

The Laughspin Interview with comedy podcast pioneers Keith and the Girl
Old 03-27-2013, 09:15 PM   #30 (permalink)
24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizsquiz View Post
The first commenter on the deletion page suggested the page needed to be better cited, so just doing my bit to suggest some easy citations. No need to be a dick about it.
Really not trying to be a dick. It just comes naturally.

But, all I'm saying is that they specifically said fan's claims are not worth paying attention to, and the site's policies say that self-referential material is not valid.

So, by all means, fight the good fight, but you are dealing with wikipedians, some of the aspiest of the aspies. Be sure to follow their rules.