Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 02-04-2011, 09:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Keeping Motivated!!

Ok
I am on Weight Watchers, I am on a severe budget, it's the middle of winter and I want to throw myself into a snow bank. Life is pretty bleak

I need a thread to keep me MOTIVATED to stay on budget but more importantly on my diet. I have two rewards planned when I reach my weight loss goal.

1. I have the WORST pic up on Facebook...I look like an Amish boy with the mumps, it's AWFUL. So until I lose the weight it will remain there for all the world to ridicule me .
2. When I lose it all (23 pounds, in total but I am already 11.5 down right now) I am buying an avatar from Lattland...something like a sexy baker with only an apron on.

So, if you have something to add to motivate me, something you'd like motivation for, if you want to whine about how you lack motivation...let's hear it!
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:55 AM   #2 (permalink)

Location: not in a house, not with a mouse, not here or there, not ANYWHERE
i have 20lbs to go and all i wanna do is eat warm, giant cookies and pizza...*sigh* i definitely need some motivation myself
Old 02-04-2011, 10:12 AM   #3 (permalink)

well I baked a whole whack of cookies for a lady t work today who got some good news about her health. I ate one...I had to or who knows what might have happened HAHAH

I am learning about moderation. If my inclination is to eat 2 I eat 1. If my inclination is to eat the worst thing for me I eat something healthy, then if I want I have it but in a MUCh smaller portion size.

Plus, I look back at pictures of when I looked and felt great, that helps keep me focused.

BTW, thin crust cheese pizza isn't the healthiest lunch but it has less calories then say a muffin or a bagel and cream cheese....just saying
Old 02-04-2011, 11:50 AM   #4 (permalink)

I've been trying to not suck at life myself. And you're right... I think it all comes down to moderation and motivation. It's just a shame that both of those things are FUCKING HORRIBLE.

Anyhow, good luck with the goals. I wish I had some advice, but I'm struggling myself. Fortunately, it's easier when you look down at your belly and actually see a difference every now and again. Sometimes on the elliptical or treadmill, I seriously glare at my stomach and think about how I'm going to murder the sonofabitch.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:14 PM   #5 (permalink)

I've wasted a lot of time trying to punish myself into behaving. It didn't really work for me. I mean, it worked because I was thin, or high-achieving or whatever I wanted so much I had to make myself into a piece of shit to achieve it. But I was never happy. And I was even more unhappy when I reached my supposed goal and I was still the same piece of shit I had been all along.

When I start from a place of self-love, no matter what size I am, what job I have or where I am with my goals, I find that I do better. Not to say that I achieve more, but my life is more well rounded, my health is better, and I like myself and I have a lot more good days.

It's one thing to try and force yourself to be someone you think you might like, it's another to like yourself enough to want to take good care of yourself and do well on principal.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina View Post
I was even more unhappy when I reached my supposed goal and I was still the same piece of shit I had been all along.
:-( Thanks for the honest reply!

I am hoping that a change in the physical will result in a happier me. It has before. I am relying on this. If I end up still being mouthy and bitchy at what I consider my "happy weight" then we got ourselves another problem.

At least taking control of things has made me feel better so that's a good start right?
Old 02-04-2011, 01:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

PLEASE, PLEASE STOP PUNISHING YOURSELF!

Dieting and losing weight is not an easy feat. If it were, we would all be skinny bitches struttin' around within a week. When making a lifestyle change, you must accept that mistakes happen and yes, you will slip up and indulge in non-fat ice cream or fast food. It's not the end of the world! Live each day and be done with it. It's all part of the process. By punishing yourself (like making your FB picture a bad one), you're only placing more pressure on yourself that will just end with you failing and being disappointed. Think positive. You're beautiful and are doing some totally awesome!

Also, I too was a bit nervous about Latta's avatard, but fuck it! It was a reward for myself for learning to be confident. Buy the damn thing already, he'll make you look hot as hell.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:57 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alannanana View Post
PLEASE, PLEASE STOP PUNISHING YOURSELF!

Dieting and losing weight is not an easy feat. If it were, we would all be skinny bitches struttin' around within a week. When making a lifestyle change, you must accept that mistakes happen and yes, you will slip up and indulge in non-fat ice cream or fast food. It's not the end of the world! Live each day and be done with it. It's all part of the process. By punishing yourself (like making your FB picture a bad one), you're only placing more pressure on yourself that will just end with you failing and being disappointed. Think positive. You're beautiful and are doing some totally awesome!

Also, I too was a bit nervous about Latta's avatard, but fuck it! It was a reward for myself for learning to be confident. Buy the damn thing already, he'll make you look hot as hell.

I have confidence that Latta will do wonders...I've seen his work, he's a magartist (magician and artist..hahaha)

You are right lady, I shouldn't punish myself playing mean tricks on myself to lose the weight........but last year the idea worked. I lost 20 and kept off 15.

Well the hardest part is not being able to post pis of my my boy (I know keith hates when you do that but when he has a kid he'll do the same ting)

So here's Ian in all his glory
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen shot 2011-02-03 at 4.42.17 PM.png (103.1 KB, 511 views)
Old 02-04-2011, 02:16 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of the Cock Rings View Post
You named him IAN!?!?!?

oh shit.....
what's wrong with Ian????
Old 02-04-2011, 02:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by campy View Post
what's wrong with Ian????
Keith has never met an Ian who wasn't an asshole => all Ians grow up to be assholes.