Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 07-11-2006, 06:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Keith helps out fellow podcast

From gamerandy.com, one of the most popular gaming podcasts.

Quote:
I know that many of our listeners and readers are podcasters in some form or another. As you guys know, we've been making changes to GamerAndy Live! over the past few months, and as such I've been doing a bit of digging on how to make the show start generating some money without selling out to The Man. In doing this, I was sent a link to a Keith and the Girl show in which they read out loud the full 12-page contract that people sign to become a part of the Podshow.com network, Adam Curry's venture capital funded project for podcasters who want to make a living from their show without doing everything themselves.

After listening to This 30-minute long reading and discussion of the contract, I am absolutely FLOORED that people could even consider signing something like this. As an independent content producer, the most important thing I have is ownership. Podshow.com is absolutely DRACONIAN in its terms, in some ways even eclipsing the near slavery that corporate record companies sign musicians into (also worth a read if you want to know why Britney Spears is poor).

So if you're a podcaster or someone in need of another example of how corporate interests are trying to crush us little guys, make sure to take a listen right here.
Thank you Keith, for spreading the word about Podshow and keeping people from making a huge mistake.

Last edited by JackFetch; 07-11-2006 at 11:40 PM.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote