Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 02:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Girl View Post
those who are around, please remind me to take my pill at 12 noon EST... unless we reach a million dollars. :P
HAHAHA!
(Offline)  
Old 06-12-2008, 03:43 PM   #12 (permalink)

Anyone know if I leave winamp on will I be able to go back, or how would I be able to record the 72 hours to listen to later (sorry if that's a dumb question, but I don't know about these things)
(Offline)  
Old 06-12-2008, 03:54 PM   #13 (permalink)

I know this would be an assload of work so I certainly wouldn't fault you guys for not doing it but are there any plans to break this into manageable 3-4 hour chunks and offer it up through the RSS?

I am never able to listen live, I only listen at my night job (which is nowhere near a computer) on my iPod.
(Offline)  
Old 06-12-2008, 03:56 PM   #14 (permalink)

I think setting this up as a torrent after its all done is the best way. Those who want to cut it down can do so on their own computers.
(Offline)  
Old 06-12-2008, 03:58 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unleashedlive View Post
I think setting this up as a torrent after its all done is the best way. Those who want to cut it down can do so on their own computers.
I think it will have to be cut up, even if it's offered as a torrent. I don't believe most software and hardware MP3 players like audio files longer than 10-15 hours. I could be wrong - I guess I've never attempted to play a 72 hour long MP3 file before.

But a torrent is the best way to distro this, because it's extremely economical and should offer good speeds.

Last edited by BrianA; 06-12-2008 at 04:01 PM.
(Offline)  
Old 06-12-2008, 03:59 PM   #16 (permalink)

This is getting so exciting! I'll have to keep you guys on as long as possible :-D
(Offline)  
Old 06-12-2008, 04:09 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianA View Post
I think it will have to be cut up, even if it's offered as a torrent. I don't believe most software and hardware MP3 players like audio files longer than 10-15 hours. I could be wrong - I guess I've never attempted to play a 72 hour long MP3 file before.

But a torrent is the best way to distro this, because it's extremely economical and should offer good speeds.
Maybe someone who knows how to make torrents should offer to do it. I agree it would be the quickest way.
(Offline)  
Old 06-12-2008, 04:12 PM   #18 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Good luck!
(Offline)  
Old 06-12-2008, 04:15 PM   #19 (permalink)

It's actually quite easy to do. Just need a torrent application and a tracker address (like The Pirate Bay's).
(Offline)  
Old 06-12-2008, 04:17 PM   #20 (permalink)
Aspie...dur...

Quote:
I was just thinking about the sheer amount of data that's going to be created over the next few days - it's insane.

Before compression, the entire show will be over 40GB in size, and even after compression, it will still be 3.5-4GB. I also don't think most software and hardware MP3 players can even play a single MP3 file of such a length. And hopefully they are using the newer beta version of Audacity, because the current release (1.2) only supports 13.5 hours of recording.

Maybe a torrent will be offered to download all this?

Anywho, best of luck, and I hope I can find some time to sit down and listen to all 72 hours in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycleBass View Post
I know this would be an assload of work so I certainly wouldn't fault you guys for not doing it but are there any plans to break this into manageable 3-4 hour chunks and offer it up through the RSS?

I am never able to listen live, I only listen at my night job (which is nowhere near a computer) on my iPod.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unleashedlive View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by naberdy View Post
Maybe someone who knows how to make torrents should offer to do it. I agree it would be the quickest way.
Quote:
It's actually quite easy to do. Just need a torrent application and a tracker address (like The Pirate Bay's).
Keith made a prediction...and he was dead on...
(Offline)  
Closed Thread