Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 02-15-2011, 04:06 PM   #21 (permalink)

I just remembered, King of Thorn is an awesome movie, based off of manga. Pretty surreal.

Did anyone see the similarities between Perfect Blue and Black Swan?
Borders Line: Is BLACK SWAN The PERFECT BLUE Remake We’ve Been Waiting For? | Badass Digest

Summer War

im looking for 'welcome to the space show' if anyones got it.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:22 PM   #22 (permalink)

Anyone else prefer dubs, I freaking hate watching subtitles but most anime fans scoff at the idea of listening to something in their own language.

I guess I just don't like to pretend that I can speak japanese.
Old 02-15-2011, 04:28 PM   #23 (permalink)

GTFO
Old 02-15-2011, 04:33 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorsleep View Post
Anyone else prefer dubs, I freaking hate watching subtitles but most anime fans scoff at the idea of listening to something in their own language.

I guess I just don't like to pretend that I can speak japanese.
I prefer the idea of dubs (I too think reading a moving picture is retarded), but the actual sound of corny American voices ruins the feel of it, and makes it seem like a shit kids' cartoon a lot of the time, when often the themes at least are more complex than your average cartoon.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:00 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Indaver View Post
I prefer the idea of dubs (I too think reading a moving picture is retarded), but the actual sound of corny American voices ruins the feel of it, and makes it seem like a shit kids' cartoon a lot of the time, when often the themes at least are more complex than your average cartoon.
I don't know, depends on who they have dubbing I guess.
I haven't really watched many animes, and I keep trying to give anime a shot and even when I find the one I'm watching interesting, I can't ever seem to really get too into it...I'll just end up never finishing it.

There are some things about anime in general that just annoy me and make me dislike the medium, mainly it's certain mannerisms and facial expressions that they always do, that are just stupid as hell....

anyway, I prefer dubs too. Because I tend to multitask while watching anything...so if I can hear whats going on, while taking a leak or talking to a friend on AIM...that's always a plus!

Though I can see what you're talkin' about Dave, I have heard some ridiculous voices on the dubs that ruin the feel sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
"Like any medium". Hah. It shouldn't be hard for people to find something to impress me, then. I've managed to find good everything else on my own. But somehow even asking anime fans what to watch I still end up watching something terrible.
That's got to be one of the most ignorant things I've ever heard...I don't even really like anime. Especially coming from a metalhead like you, not to say that metal is shitty, I don't think that at all...but I know a lot of people do and they are just as right about thinking that metal is a worthless medium as you are with anime.

Like Junk said, if it's not your thing it's not your thing. Doesn't make it an invalid art form.

Secretary of State,
KATG Film Club

Last edited by DudeEMETIB; 02-15-2011 at 06:03 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:11 PM   #26 (permalink)

I'm actually a gigantic weeaboo but I don't like talking about it. I keep my anime persona and real world persona separate.

Seeing a link to crunchyshit and someone saying they prefer dubs really grinds my gears though. Glad I didn't actually read this thread in depth.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:48 PM   #27 (permalink)

wow arent we elitist... whyd you post? go yiff something if you arent going to say something useful. if crunchyroll isnt good, why not offer something better?

being a huge asian movie fan as well as anime, i prefer subs... even with sync-dubbing it always looks wrong. spirited away and mononoke was the only ones with awesome dubbing but i still prefer good subs.

Last edited by hellbent; 02-15-2011 at 06:50 PM.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:51 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellbent View Post
wow arent we elitist... whyd you post? go yiff something if you arent going to say something useful. if crunchyroll isnt good, why not offer something better?
Uh oh, someone's upset.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:58 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretaceous Bob View Post
No, I gave people like you a chance. I've asked anime fans for the name of something that will justify anime to me. That shouldn't be hard to do.
Im mainly into manga and manhwa and to be totally honest I cant really think of any series I like more than some of the better tv I watch.

it becomes kinda like an investment in the story because they only give you a few pages a week to keep you interested. I think in the end its satifies a short attention span thing.

Anyway though theres a few series that stand out for me, namely Samurai Champloo and Gundam Wing. At the moment though Im quite into this Korean comic called 'Tower of God' and despite the name its not religious.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/tower_of_god/

I liked the old Naruto and Bleach episodes mainly for the fake chakra phsyics and world that was being elaborated upon more than the story elements.
Old 02-15-2011, 08:54 PM   #30 (permalink)

This Thread.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1278563550512.jpg (141.4 KB, 42 views)