Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Like Tree18Likes

Old 06-09-2015, 10:18 PM   #31 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nettie-poo View Post
Diving into the food addiction:

I was mentioning to Mike the other day that I've had serious addictions, like smoking cigarettes and really heavy drinking (still have it on occasion but it used to be daily). These things were fairly easy to break because all I had to do was not be around it for long enough and the need for it fades.

But how can you escape food? The smell, the sights, it is everywhere. There's no way to distance yourself from it and you have to eat something. Even healthy food, the body processing it, can create that longing for more. It's insanely hard.

But, lots of things are. It's life. I think the problem is we all try to choose so many battles at once when we really need to face one demon at a time.
I feel your pain. Perhaps sharing some more pics of your boobs would help you deal with your issues...
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2015, 10:22 PM   #32 (permalink)

I'm feeling more insecure than usual (someone, whose name I won't mention, has said my boob pics of recent look bad). And Im not feeling creative. Give me a couple weeks, maybe I'll feel more fit then
Old 06-09-2015, 11:29 PM   #33 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:

But how can you escape food? The smell, the sights, it is everywhere. There's no way to distance yourself from it and you have to eat something. Even healthy food, the body processing it, can create that longing for more. It's insanely hard.
Totally. It's rough. Unlike drugs or alcohol, ya gotta eat!

Here's some suggestions. Make little goals. Write them down. Go over them every morning over coffee.

Start limiting fast food. Make it a weekend or certain day thing. Whatever you write down - stick to it. So don't make it crazy. Make it doable.

You gotta replace soda with glasses of water. Or cans of flavored carbonated water.

Make a bunch of quinoa or rice dishes. Have good food made at home. Get large Tupperware containers. Try to have something ready. Phase out snack foods like chips, ice cream, candy.

I've read that we developed habits as an evolutionary biology trait. There's no good or bad habits. There's just habits. Habits were developed as short cuts. They're designed to make life easier. If you get in the habit of walking a mile every day; you're body is rewarded with endorphins and other feel good natural drugs. Conversely, if you stay home and polish off a pint of Ben and jerrys
Your body knows the sugar reward is there.

It's really important to get new routines/ habits going is what I'm saying.

Don't be hard on yourself. Just write a few goals down and try and accomplish them. The rest is just shit that ultimately depressed and triggers addictions. Losing weight. Feeling stressed. Feeling unfulfilled. Just focus on little goals.

As for the binge drinking. I always blackout drink to avoid things in life. Is there something you're not dealing with? Maybe you have anxiety? Have you ever seen a therapist? Psychiatrist?
Old 06-10-2015, 12:40 AM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm feeling more insecure than usual
Bummer, dudette

Quote:
(someone, whose name I won't mention, has said my boob pics of recent look bad).
Piffo?
Ignore him. He's a bipolar retard.

Quote:
And Im not feeling creative. Give me a couple weeks, maybe I'll feel more fit then
Maybe my usual sexist eye for racks has been skewed by your awesome job picking the KATG guests, your great job on the ep, and your posts; but I reckon you've got a quality set of cans.

Yeah, you're not a size 000, but what a boring world it would be if everyone was.
arty and Enunciated Piffle like this.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:00 AM   #35 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer

I never said anything negative about Nettie's boob thread. I'm. A fan.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:39 AM   #36 (permalink)

Wasn't a forum folk.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 06-10-2015, 10:41 AM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enunciated Piffle View Post
Totally. It's rough. Unlike drugs or alcohol, ya gotta eat!

Here's some suggestions. Make little goals. Write them down. Go over them every morning over coffee.

Start limiting fast food. Make it a weekend or certain day thing. Whatever you write down - stick to it. So don't make it crazy. Make it doable.

You gotta replace soda with glasses of water. Or cans of flavored carbonated water.

Make a bunch of quinoa or rice dishes. Have good food made at home. Get large Tupperware containers. Try to have something ready. Phase out snack foods like chips, ice cream, candy.

I've read that we developed habits as an evolutionary biology trait. There's no good or bad habits. There's just habits. Habits were developed as short cuts. They're designed to make life easier. If you get in the habit of walking a mile every day; you're body is rewarded with endorphins and other feel good natural drugs. Conversely, if you stay home and polish off a pint of Ben and jerrys
Your body knows the sugar reward is there.

It's really important to get new routines/ habits going is what I'm saying.

Don't be hard on yourself. Just write a few goals down and try and accomplish them. The rest is just shit that ultimately depressed and triggers addictions. Losing weight. Feeling stressed. Feeling unfulfilled. Just focus on little goals.

As for the binge drinking. I always blackout drink to avoid things in life. Is there something you're not dealing with? Maybe you have anxiety? Have you ever seen a therapist? Psychiatrist?

Oh eating hasn't been an issue for me at all lately. I also haven't been doing the black-out drinking. Heavy drinking on occasion but not THAT heavy. I'm only saying I understand the issues behind it all. I'm fine. I'll be my goal size by October, guaranteed.
Enunciated Piffle likes this.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:24 PM   #38 (permalink)

Old 06-12-2015, 07:00 PM   #39 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

http://youtu.be/NDtygpzybHk

When i lose hope and give up i think, there are always these guys....

For real though, getting control of the weight issue is a real challenge but worth the rewards
lizsquiz likes this.

Last edited by campy; 06-12-2015 at 07:03 PM.