Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 04-26-2009, 11:59 AM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdrafttech View Post
Seven year relationship with bipolar crazy bitch who was often an overconfident whore or a blubbering lump.

What brilliant life experience leads you to believe that I'm wrong?
Perhaps I am mistaken, but I believe she was complimenting your post and chastising the original poster.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 12:28 PM   #42 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
Perhaps I am mistaken, but I believe she was complimenting your post and chastising the original poster.
If so I apologize for my snarky response. It didn't occur to me. Perhaps I drink too much and it's affecting me brains

I'm surprised you (Alexandra) don't have alternative advice to all of the abortion talk. There's about a 51% chance that his 16 year old ex girlfriend really is pregnant with his seed.
Old 04-26-2009, 01:47 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt View Post
It's a good bet that the doctor will recommend terminating the pregnancy because of her mental condition and the effect those drugs are already having on the fetus. Then go with her to the clinic and see it through to the end.
Lithium is classified as a category 'D' drug in the FDA's pregnancy risk categories (Wellbutrin has a 'C' classification). Their classification ranges from A, B, C, D, and X, with X being the worst (i.e. risks outweigh benefit). A 'D' classification indicates positive evidence of human fetal risk while 'C' indicates increased risk is suggested from previous animal studies. Note that no psychotropic drug has ever been approved for use during pregnancy though, and a 'D' classification can be misleading and over exaggerate the risks of embryo deformities (teratogenicity).

Regardless, there is some evidence of increased cardiovascular abnormalities in babies exposed to Lithium during the first trimester. The International Register of Lithium Babies has found the incidence of Ebstein's anomaly for those exposed to be 20 times greater than that of the general population's incidence (absolute risk is still very small though, 0.1%). However, these estimates may be greatly exaggerated due to selection bias in the register, as other studies have found no statistically significant increase in the risk of congenital heart defects and prenatal Lithium use. In fact, among all mood stabilizers, Lithium is still considered the 'safest' for use during pregnancy.

So, I think you may have a hard time finding a doctor who would suggest terminating the pregnancy due to the current medication use. However, you could just pull up stats that suggest bad shit and hide the studies where these stats were found to be inconclusive. That alone may be enough to convince her to have the 'baby' vacuumed out without first consulting an obstetrician.

Last edited by golgi body; 04-26-2009 at 02:04 PM.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:29 PM   #44 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdrafttech View Post
If so I apologize for my snarky response. It didn't occur to me. Perhaps I drink too much and it's affecting me brains

I'm surprised you (Alexandra) don't have alternative advice to all of the abortion talk. There's about a 51% chance that his 16 year old ex girlfriend really is pregnant with his seed.
I don't think you drink too much, I think you're a little defensive about that 7 year relationship. But that's just me.

I don't think I have any alternative advice to what has already been offered, which as I read it is as follows:

1. abort the pregnancy (fraught with consequences)
2. continue the pregnancy and raise the baby (fraught with consequences)
3. continue the pregnancy and give the baby up for adoption (may or may not have the least consequences long term, but it undoubtedly doesn't look that way to a pregnant 16 year old)

I'm not aware of any other options.

The thing is, while Mr. Unprotected Sex gets to have an opinion, the decision rests with Ms. Unprotected Sex - so really, he doesn't get a vote. Also, since Ms. Unprotected Sex is a minor (and an unstable one at that), the actual decision makers may end up being her parents.

Best thread title ever.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:53 PM   #45 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
I don't think you drink too much, I think you're a little defensive about that 7 year relationship. But that's just me.

I don't think I have any alternative advice to what has already been offered, which as I read it is as follows:

1. abort the pregnancy (fraught with consequences)
2. continue the pregnancy and raise the baby (fraught with consequences)
3. continue the pregnancy and give the baby up for adoption (may or may not have the least consequences long term, but it undoubtedly doesn't look that way to a pregnant 16 year old)

I'm not aware of any other options.

The thing is, while Mr. Unprotected Sex gets to have an opinion, the decision rests with Ms. Unprotected Sex - so really, he doesn't get a vote. Also, since Ms. Unprotected Sex is a minor (and an unstable one at that), the actual decision makers may end up being her parents.
Who, based on the limited medical history we have their daughter, are also the odds on favorite for being the ones caught raising the child.

So, Captian Durex, what are her parents like?
Old 04-26-2009, 04:23 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Who, based on the limited medical history we have their daughter, are also the odds on favorite for being the ones caught raising the child.

So, Captian Durex, what are her parents like?
When you two do this, are you like in the same room and everything?
Old 04-26-2009, 05:21 PM   #47 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzagama View Post
Nope.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:25 PM   #48 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzagama View Post
Quote:
Nope.
When we're in the same room we can generally find non-forums tings to amuse and entertain ourselves.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:29 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
When we're in the same room we can generally find non-forums tings to amuse and entertain ourselves.

Old 04-26-2009, 07:28 PM   #50 (permalink)

With risk of sounding like a complete and utter fuck-wit, I offer this additional info, from recent days (today and yesterday). She took the second test, just to be sure, and it came out negative. She (apparently) has never skipped a period, which is why she took the first test to begin with. The first test might have been a fluke, but the second one could also have been a dud. There was another pregnancy scare last year, when she was about 2 and a half weeks late.

I guess I don't learn from my mistakes. Also, even all of the critical posters, I appreciate you for replying.