Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 04-28-2009, 04:08 PM   #61 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandra View Post
What could be going on? Too many things to list in total, but let me start:

1. Tests do have to be performed correctly to yield the best accuracy, which is still not 100%. This means that if she didn't wait until she was actually late and use first morning urine, then there is a stronger possibility of an inaccurate result.

2. Then you have to read the test in the correct window of time. It can change after that window has closed and then, you'll have the wrong answer.

Seriously, FTFM.

3. Some women never get regular periods, but teenagers routinely don't, there is nothing wrong with that - but it does make predicting fertility more difficult. This is why you should not have sex until you are prepared for the possibility of a pregnancy and why you need to wear a condom every fucking time until you actually want to hear the phrase "Honey, I'm pregnant!". Is that clear enough for you? For the record, if you can't afford condoms, then you can not afford to raise a child, pay for an abortion, or pay half the pre-natal care for a pregnancy that ends in adoption. By the by, they are also cheaper than pregnancy tests.

4. She's unstable you said, and yet you haven't considered that she really has no idea when her last period actually was.

5. Why are you letting this girl lead you, ring in nose, down this drama laden path?
The possibility of error is why I asked her to redo it. We spent the extra money on the digital ones, which are supposed to be alot more accurate, and the window doesn't change.

Also, she read the pamphlet, and I did too, and she did it completely according to the instructions. I feel like I'll know for sure when she does the second digital test. She did make sure she was late before she took them, and having skipped a period, and being late on another.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 04:19 PM   #62 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by opee View Post
We spent the extra money on the digital ones, which are supposed to be alot more accurate
If you live in the United States take her to Planned Parenthood. Unless it has changed in the last 20 years, teenage girls can confidentially buy reproductive health services there pretty affordably. When I was about your age a girl could go there and get a pap smear and a birth control prescription for about $50 (I paid for it a couple times). I doubt that it's more than $100-$150 these days. I seriously doubt that a pregnancy test costs more than a wart exam, it's probably a lot less.

What I'm getting around to saying is: call PP and find out how much it costs to get a real test done rather than spending a ton of cash at Walgreens. Offer to pay for the damn thing and go with her so she's not as freaked out by the experience.

The next time you're regularly having sex with one woman be supportive and help her get the health care she needs if necessary. If you're having regular sex with a girl, ask her whether she's on the pill and offer to be supportive about helping her get the pill and make sure she's getting her junk checked out. When women are sexually active they are at risk for getting a virus from your happy little pecker (that you likely don't know anything about and most people have) that will give her cervical cancer, and docs need to get down there to check it out every year. The pill is much more effective than rubbers as birth control and unless you want to abstain from sex or have a baby you need to make it happen if you are sticking with the same girl. Young girls are shy and flaky about taking care of these things and some of them don't have parents who care enough about it to get it done.

Now that you have dodged this bullet, you get a second chance to be a grown up about having sex. Use rubbers for one night stands and be a real partner if you are sticking with one girl.

Last edited by jeffdrafttech; 04-28-2009 at 04:21 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:01 PM   #63 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdrafttech View Post
If you live in the United States take her to Planned Parenthood. Unless it has changed in the last 20 years, teenage girls can confidentially buy reproductive health services there pretty affordably. When I was about your age a girl could go there and get a pap smear and a birth control prescription for about $50 (I paid for it a couple times). I doubt that it's more than $100-$150 these days. I seriously doubt that a pregnancy test costs more than a wart exam, it's probably a lot less.

What I'm getting around to saying is: call PP and find out how much it costs to get a real test done rather than spending a ton of cash at Walgreens. Offer to pay for the damn thing and go with her so she's not as freaked out by the experience.

The next time you're regularly having sex with one woman be supportive and help her get the health care she needs if necessary. If you're having regular sex with a girl, ask her whether she's on the pill and offer to be supportive about helping her get the pill and make sure she's getting her junk checked out. When women are sexually active they are at risk for getting a virus from your happy little pecker (that you likely don't know anything about and most people have) that will give her cervical cancer, and docs need to get down there to check it out every year. The pill is much more effective than rubbers as birth control and unless you want to abstain from sex or have a baby you need to make it happen if you are sticking with the same girl. Young girls are shy and flaky about taking care of these things and some of them don't have parents who care enough about it to get it done.

Now that you have dodged this bullet, you get a second chance to be a grown up about having sex. Use rubbers for one night stands and be a real partner if you are sticking with one girl.
Planned Parenthood is free unless until you hit the earning cap, then it can be really really expensive.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:18 PM   #64 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Abortion is the answer you should pull a Tom Leykis special Hail Mary
Old 04-28-2009, 05:19 PM   #65 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marina View Post
Planned Parenthood is free unless until you hit the earning cap, then it can be really really expensive.
Maybe I was actually just paying for the pills then? I distinctly remember paying, and I probably only made $7/hr back then. It was a long time ago. Maybe it's a regional thing too [shrugface].

Regardless, I don't see why this girl isn't going to a doctor if she has one or access to one. Buying three tests seems silly.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:22 PM   #66 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Maybe I was actually just paying for the pills then? I distinctly remember paying, and I probably only made $7/hr back then. It was a long time ago. Maybe it's a regional thing too [shrugface].

Regardless, I don't see why this girl isn't going to a doctor if she has one or access to one. Buying three tests seems silly.

She's going to some kind of Doc for her other drugs. Question is, is it on Daddy's insurance?
Old 04-28-2009, 05:31 PM   #67 (permalink)
2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
If you live in the United States take her to Planned Parenthood. Unless it has changed in the last 20 years, teenage girls can confidentially buy reproductive health services there pretty affordably.
Generally true but depends on state TN is a bit ass backwards (religious) on reproductive health
Old 04-28-2009, 07:29 PM   #68 (permalink)

Quote:

I do recall them asking me for some money for pills, but it was a sort of lackluster anything-you-can-spare kind of thing. I think in all 5 years that Planned Parenthood was my only health care, I probably gave them 30 bucks if that. Of course their attitudes were always shitty and I always ended up losing at least 4 hours out of my day sitting in a waiting room, sometimes only to be turned away. But free is free, so I took it.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:46 PM   #69 (permalink)

The pee test at the doctor is just as accurate as the pee test at home. Only thing that would be more sensitive is a blood pregnancy test, which is usually done by a lab. I see an OB/GYN and they don't even do blood tests on site - the pee ones are just fine for them.
Old 04-28-2009, 07:57 PM   #70 (permalink)

I peed on my girlfriend and she didn't change color. Is she pregnant? I can never read these damn things.