Keith and The Girl Forums

Keith and The Girl Forums (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/)
-   Talk Shite (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f6/)
-   -   My fucking car got Hit (https://www.keithandthegirl.com/forums/f6/my-fucking-car-got-hit-3018/)

deznice 05-31-2006 10:21 AM

My fucking car got Hit

Motherfuckers, Parked outside my house and some asshole smacked in to it managing to hit every panel on the drivers side and it looks like some major damage to my rear 1/4 panel. The tire is bent in and I'm looking at major damage... Scumbags... This $500 is gonna hurt my wallet (insurance deductible)

Is it possible to make out on these deals? The insurance company will be writing a check today, but does that go directly to the mechanic or into my account?

FUCK YOU hit and runner

I will post pics later on in this thread

Owsley Stanley 05-31-2006 10:23 AM

I just had to replace the clutch on my Jetta to the tune of $1,100, none of which came from insurance.

Pintman 05-31-2006 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deznice
... The insurance company will be writing a check today, but does that go directly to the mechanic or into my account?

It's your money. You have the right to cash the check and spend it on anything you like. Don't let the insurance company bully you into paying it directly to the mechanic or body shop if that's not what you want to do.

DEPjrTX 05-31-2006 11:01 AM

make sure if you are allowed to gather quotes that you go to two dealers, they will have the highest quote. then you can find a better repair shop and pocket the rest.

deznice 05-31-2006 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pintman
It's your money. You have the right to cash the check and spend it on anything you like. Don't let the insurance company bully you into paying it directly to the mechanic or body shop if that's not what you want to do.

well I was just thinking how stupid it is... Hey Mr. mechanic my car just got hit :-0 here's the check from the insurance company for $5,000, how much is it gonna cost? OH weird $5,000 huh?

IAMjoCanadian 05-31-2006 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deznice
Motherfuckers, Parked outside my house and some asshole smacked in to it managing to hit every panel on the drivers side and it looks like some major damage to my rear 1/4 panel. The tire is bent in and I'm looking at major damage... Scumbags... This $500 is gonna hurt my wallet (insurance deductible)

Is it possible to make out on these deals? The insurance company will be writing a check today, but does that go directly to the mechanic or into my account?

FUCK YOU hit and runner

I will post pics later on in this thread

I have a mechanic in Brooklyn that will absorb the cost of the deductible.

spooky 05-31-2006 11:52 AM

is the car worth repairing? it will never look as good and its resale value is likely shot. might be worth it to just drive it until the wheels fall off as is. or you could put the money towards paying it off, if its not already..../shrug

usually, the insurance companies pay about 2/3 of what it costs to actually get it fixed right, minus the deductable. they kinda suck that way.

deznice 05-31-2006 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spooky
is the car worth repairing? it will never look as good and its resale value is likely shot. might be worth it to just drive it until the wheels fall off as is. or you could put the money towards paying it off, if its not already..../shrug

usually, the insurance companies pay about 2/3 of what it costs to actually get it fixed right, minus the deductable. they kinda suck that way.

at this point it's undriveable...

Annie 05-31-2006 12:49 PM

Wow... all that karma kick-back isn't from stealing just one joke... what else did you do :P

But for real - that sucks - I hate car repair and basically any other exorbitant car fees.

Rhian 05-31-2006 01:55 PM

That is horrible! Sorry to hear that. Good luck with getting it repaired and hope insurance and mechanics don't dick you around.