Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 03-07-2009, 08:30 PM   #1 (permalink)

My suggestion to the show timewarp

The sport is called Freestyle Footbag. The show is on discovery channel and is about film nerds showing awesome shit at super slow motion speeds and analyzing the smallest nuances of movement/life.

I once competed at an intermediate level. Sidelined by an injury im just now jumping back in.

&

It would be awesome if that show takes on this.

(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 08:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

They're both awesome! I'm going to have to watch more of these...
Old 03-07-2009, 09:00 PM   #3 (permalink)

I think it looks far more impressive at normal speed, so I wouldn't say this would be a good candidate for Time Warp. It's fucking insane though... that second video is crazy.

The only thing I want to watch in slow mo is this:

Just loop that for 30 minutes and call it good. BOOM, highest rated show on television. That's right TV execs... I await your phonecalls...
Old 03-08-2009, 12:16 AM   #4 (permalink)

That's pretty cool I guess, just not my thing.

I think that taking something that stoners are really into and love to do then applying hard work and dedication to kind of defeats the purpose.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:22 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Assholes View Post
I think that taking something that stoners are really into and love to do then applying hard work and dedication to kind of defeats the purpose.
That made me laugh... and oddly makes sense.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:28 AM   #6 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Cool, but not a sport.
Old 03-08-2009, 12:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pintman View Post
Cool, but not a sport.
We train, practice and compete. Who are you to say its less of a sport than Figure skating, skateboarding, snowboarding and exct....

Its not a team sport but its still a sport.

Wiki definition of sport:

"Sport is an activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively. Sports commonly refer to activities where the physical capabilities of the competitor are the sole or primary determinant of the outcome (winning or losing)"

Freestyle footbag has rules and a judging format. Its not a bunch of hippies with nothing better to do. Its not as popular as other sports but it has a community and a degree of skill that demands respect.

Old 03-08-2009, 01:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

By that definition checkers is a sport. You can call it "footbagging" all you want, you're playing hacky sac by yourself, that's not a fucking sport.
Old 03-08-2009, 04:51 PM   #9 (permalink)
2022 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Wiki is wrong. Pintman's one true definition of "sport":

To be a sport, an activity must exhibit both of the following characteristics:

1. A competition involving a substantial amount of physical skill or exertion.

2. An objective way of determining a winner. I put the ball in the basket more than you, you get to the finish line before me, etc. Anything with judges is subjective, not objective.

These are not sports: gymnastics, dancing, cheerleading, most "extreme sports". Diving is not a sport, unless you're aiming for a sponge from 200 meters up. All have No.1, only. They are just performances and showing off.

I'm not saying the performers aren't marvelously skilled, hard workers or in great physical condition, but they aren't participating in a sport, any more than ballet dancers or tuba players.

Last edited by Pintman; 03-08-2009 at 04:56 PM.
Old 03-08-2009, 05:53 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Assholes View Post
By that definition checkers is a sport. You can call it "footbagging" all you want, you're playing hacky sac by yourself, that's not a fucking sport.
We call it footbag cause that is what the Sport (or if you prefer: subjectively judged physical activity) is called. Its fun its challenging and has gotten me into the best shape of my life. what is wrong with seeking unique and new activities and for me this one similar to listening to KATG has been a very important part of my life.

Oh wells, the thread can die and be forgotten and I will earn my respect with public displays this summer in Chicago.

I just wanted to share something new and different, and to little of my surprise someone shits on it. Thanks.

Last edited by madeyeshawn; 03-08-2009 at 05:58 PM.