Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 10-08-2012, 06:00 AM   #91 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg In Oakland View Post
I don't think you are right. In order to be a good Christian, you have to follow the word and teachings of Christ. Love they neighbor, and the like. He, for example, makes no statements regarding homosexuality or same sex marriage. And he definitely doesn't recommend shunning someone for who they are (e.g. blind hate). I believe I am a good Christian, because as Christ teaches, I don't judge. Moreover, I don't think you have to take the bible literally to be a good Christian. It was a collection of events recorded by men, with most of the events likely bastardized in order to satisfy the 'My God's dick is bigger than your God's dick' test. If full acceptance of the bible as fact was a requirement of being a good Christian I would imagine there would be much less bickering over the bible's interpretation by various biblical scholars.
That's all true, and you have a right to your beliefs, but you're not the majority. You do understand that Keith is considering you a "bad Christian", and you know exactly why he thinks this. The reason for all the bickering is because full acceptance of the Bible is a requirement. People argue and rationalize this shit because there are certain things in there that they don't believe, and they want to find a way out. The Bible is not a choose-your-own-adventure book to most people, so they have to deal with what's in there any way they can. When I asked "what are you?" earlier, I wasn't looking for you to say Christian. I get get that. We all get that. I'm asking what "denomination" you consider yourself. The problem here is that you're trying to exclude yourself from the Christian masses, yet you lump yourself in by calling yourself simply a Christian. You have every right to call yourself what you want, but there is no question what the majority of Christians consider themselves. Either you're not Christian, or they're not Christian. Sure, based on that paragraph, I would agree that you are more a true Christian than any of them, but they have an indelible grasp on the title. I'm not asking you to explain your dogma. I'm asking you to tell me where your "sect" or whatever you want to call it fits into the big picture. The big picture is news, media, politics, public places, and people's families. You've got a lot to contend with if you think you've got any claim to how Christianity is being portrayed. Maybe you do though. Maybe your type of people are out there in full force. Show us. When I ask you to explain what you are, that's what I want to know. I don't want a curt answer, and I don't want you to avoid discussion of a very real topic. And if you're not here to discuss religion on the internet, then you really shouldn't have proposed your question in the first place. Or, you should have made that claim from the get-go, so that no one here would get the impression that you're being an asshole. Your question involves religion.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:48 AM   #92 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Greg, if I was at his beating, I'd have whipped Jesus extra hard in your name.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:14 AM   #93 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyhatch View Post
Riddle me this, Gregothy. What if God was one of us?
Thanks for getting that song stuck in my head for the next hours ...
Old 10-08-2012, 07:28 AM   #94 (permalink)
2023 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
That's a real photo. I have no problem with religion bashing. The question is quanity.
Come on people, isn't this getting boring?
Old 10-08-2012, 07:37 AM   #95 (permalink)
57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

Quote:
I have no interest in being mentioned on the show. And I'm taking amyuilani's advice and taking a listening hiatus. If he does mention this thread on the show I won't hear it.

Good riddance. You can go hangout with High Mike and Typ.
Old 10-08-2012, 07:44 AM   #96 (permalink)

guarantee he'll listen to see if he's mentioned. i'd bet my tits on it.
Old 10-08-2012, 08:42 AM   #97 (permalink)
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

this forum didnt have such a lively thread since doctor sleep. which means Christian beats virgin?

hmmm
Old 10-08-2012, 09:50 AM   #98 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkenstein View Post
this forum didnt have such a lively thread since doctor sleep. which means Christian beats virgin?

hmmm
For a moment I thought they were one in the same until I realized this guy is better at articulating his points.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:40 AM   #99 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

I'll tell you what Greg. I'm going to make the show 100% religion bashing unless you call in on Tuesday. If you do, I'll never talk about religion again in any way whatsoever.
Old 10-08-2012, 10:46 AM   #100 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyuilani View Post
For a moment I thought they were one in the same until I realized this guy is better at articulating his points.
Really? Cause this guy isn't the best. Can anybody point me to the original doctor sleep? Where did the craziness begin? I found a bunch of "where is doctor sleep?" type shit, and it's hilarious, but I wanna see where it all started. I feel like he knows we're talking about him and is following very intently. He could strike at any moment. That's the vibe I get from a minimal amount of research