Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 10-07-2012, 08:58 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg In Oakland View Post
And I admit that religious groups and some politicians are given religion a black eye by wasting time on pointless, even hateful issues. And even if it's an out right majority, my issue is that Keith states 'all' religious people are bad and/or evil. Which in the case of myself, and the hundreds of people of the two churches I have attended in my life, is not true.
Oh shit! I take that back, Lanfear. i didn't look hard enough.

Dude, this is it right here. You understand exactly what Keith is saying. You're just upset that he is generalizing, but you understand his point of view. Is that true? Because that's what it says right here.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 09:00 PM   #42 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Give us a little A/S/L Greg. Tell us about yourself. Where do you work? Do you have a mate? The relevant things so that we may carry on.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:03 PM   #43 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Dukes View Post
He never said he was Christian. I checked, haha. I'm not saying you're wrong for calling him out, but if he's not Christian, then he should really say so instead of cracking back with "you don't know me". That's what he's doing to everyone. The kid is ignoring every worthwhile piece of information and blowing the most miniscule bullshit out of proportion. He's instigating and avoiding his and everyone else's point. He's apparently annoyed by everyone's inability to answer his question, yet he keeps avoiding answering any of our questions by focusing on what show he started listening from and whether or not he made a DEMAND to Keith and whether or not you know his beliefs. I could go on and on about all the things he's bringing up except the questions that are being asked of him, and he knows (and is really getting a kick out of manipulating up or he doesn't know and is dumb) he can get us all in a tizzy about shit completely unrelated to his post.
You didn't answer my question. You said that the topic is so common because of the influence religion has on society. My question was whether the increase in religious talk is entertaining to the mass audience. Connecting the dots from your post...I assume you like topics that stir the pot and instigate discussion, so in turn you do like the subject. So...question answered.

I did say I'm Christian. But the point of this thread was not to start a religious debate (however hard that would be to avoid). It was meant to be a discussion of show content. My overall question can be assumed answered. The majority of listeners appreciate religious discussion from a 'con' viewpoint. And the people who share my viewpoint are either non-existent or really busy.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:05 PM   #44 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Poor Greg. So alone as a Christian in this world.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:05 PM   #45 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Give us a little A/S/L Greg. Tell us about yourself. Where do you work? Do you have a mate? The relevant things so that we may carry on.
37 Male Oakland, I give a fiberous shit about the subject. I'm married with kids. Have a job, live well, very happy.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:09 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Dukes View Post
Oh shit! I take that back, Lanfear. i didn't look hard enough.

Dude, this is it right here. You understand exactly what Keith is saying. You're just upset that he is generalizing, but you understand his point of view. Is that true? Because that's what it says right here.
Of course his viewpoint upsets me..he's calling me a bad person. But that's not my point with this thread. I'm not going to agree with everything he says, or any person for that matter. And that won't change my opinion of the show.

The point of this thread is that, to me at least, it seems that the topic of religion, and Keith's views, are discussed way more than they used to be and way more than any other topic. I was trying to find out what people thought of that, and if they found it entertaining.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:14 PM   #47 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
And you have still not answered my question; Keith should absolutely continue ranting about whatever he wishes. I would not have lasted 1600 shows if I didn't find it entertaining. But does focusing on one subject for so long make the show stale?
Look how much you've written

This absolutely does NOT bore you.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:24 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
You didn't answer my question. You said that the topic is so common because of the influence religion has on society. My question was whether the increase in religious talk is entertaining to the mass audience. Connecting the dots from your post...I assume you like topics that stir the pot and instigate discussion, so in turn you do like the subject. So...question answered.

I did say I'm Christian. But the point of this thread was not to start a religious debate (however hard that would be to avoid). It was meant to be a discussion of show content. My overall question can be assumed answered. The majority of listeners appreciate religious discussion from a 'con' viewpoint. And the people who share my viewpoint are either non-existent or really busy.
No, dude. Anybody sane on these forums isn't on here complaining about the content and breaking down exactly what they are into so that Keith has a good idea about what to talk about. People on here haven't dissected their interests according to every podcast out there and this one happened to match up. I'll speak for myself when I say that KATG is not about what topics I am interested in. I didn't get on iTunes and look for a podcast that would talk about gender identity (check), religion (check), poop (check), Tom Cotter (check-a-rooney). No, I found this shit by accident, and I found a motherfucker and his homegirl who speak what they know to be true and happen to be very entertaining. They're two open and honest people sharing their lives with a whole fuckin world of people who are willing to listen. I don't give a fuck what they talk about as long as they are true to themselves. Damn, dude. There's your answer.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:27 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Is he creating a bully pulpit in order to hate on (ironically) the religious?
He's not, but I wish he and the rest of the world would. Don't be upset that Keith is shitting on your religion, be upset you believe in it to begin with.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:28 PM   #50 (permalink)
PARTY! SUPER PARTY!

Quote:
Don't pretend you know me or my beliefs.
Did you really type that?

Believe me, we figured you out at Minute One.