Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 10-07-2012, 10:29 PM   #71 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg In Oakland View Post
That's a real photo. I have no problem with religion bashing. The question is quanity.
Right there. Even though he was being snarky about it, bw81 just asked you a legitimate question. (Seriously, just throw the sass out the window and look at it for what it is). He at least put forward a valid consideration. South Park is full of religious content. Let's talk about the quantity of religion bashing in South Park. I'd argue that it is 100 times more prevalent in South Park than on KATG. Let's talk about the quantity of religion bashing in all kinds of other outlets. I think we've all "clearly" stated that we're okay with KATG. That's based on everyone's reactions, whatever. Your question has been answered. It's time for you to stop avoiding us and give us an honest answer.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:38 PM   #72 (permalink)

Quote:
No, not quite.
Then what are you? You're being aloof and "mysterious". It's like you're flirting with high school cheerleaders, or you're a vampire (the Twilight kind that sparkle in the daylight). By giving non-answers, you're really not helping your case. Lay down some understanding. Drop some knowledge. Otherwise, everything you've said here is worthless.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:38 PM   #73 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Dukes View Post
Every time you claim we're avoiding your question, you are avoiding discussion and taking a cheap shot. If this were a physical situation, that's like turning around and shooting us thirteen paces in when we agreed to take twenty paces. Why would you do that? Because you don't want to face the danger of getting shot yourself. I and a few others have offered an adult discussion, but you turned us away and decided to focus on petty bullshit, or you avoid discussion based on the fact that you aren't here to talk about right or wrong or this and that. We're giving you the time of day to respond to your thread. The least you could do is stop blowing us off and answer some of our own questions. You can't pretend you didn't expect to incite further arguments. It's just as fair for us to answer your question as it is for you to get off your horse, take your shades off, and answer some of ours.
I'm not quite sure what question I'm avoiding. And I really haven't been taken cheap shots. I'm sorry if some of my answers have conveyed that, and I'm further sorry that some of my responses seem curt, as I am having most of this conversation via smartphone, as I make it through family Sunday activities.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:39 PM   #74 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith View Post
Believe me, quite.
Ok, valid point.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:41 PM   #75 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bw81 View Post
Well what's the quota then? 2 minutes a week ok? You gotta tell them your limit so they can tune the show for you, Greg.
It's obviously not measurable. How much finger movement do you need before you are being tickled? I felt that it seemed to be quite a bit, and it's very obviously the minority opinion.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:43 PM   #76 (permalink)

Quote:
I am having most of this conversation via smartphone, as I make it through family Sunday activities.
Keepin' it Holy. #sabbath
Old 10-07-2012, 10:45 PM   #77 (permalink)

Quote:
Right there. Even though he was being snarky about it, bw81 just asked you a legitimate question. (Seriously, just throw the sass out the window and look at it for what it is). He at least put forward a valid consideration. South Park is full of religious content. Let's talk about the quantity of religion bashing in South Park. I'd argue that it is 100 times more prevalent in South Park than on KATG. Let's talk about the quantity of religion bashing in all kinds of other outlets. I think we've all "clearly" stated that we're okay with KATG. That's based on everyone's reactions, whatever. Your question has been answered. It's time for you to stop avoiding us and give us an honest answer.
I would disagree. Not sure it's quantifiable though to compare two different types of mediums.

Also, South Park has never made a blanket comment, 'All of these types of people are bad or good or whatever.'
Old 10-07-2012, 10:45 PM   #78 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
Keepin' it Holy. #sabbath
I eat pork too. And I mix milk and meat.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:48 PM   #79 (permalink)

Quote:
I'm not quite sure what question I'm avoiding. And I really haven't been taken cheap shots. I'm sorry if some of my answers have conveyed that, and I'm further sorry that some of my responses seem curt, as I am having most of this conversation via smartphone, as I make it through family Sunday activities.
"Curt" is more what I meant. What I meant by "cheap shots" is commentary that is worth nothing. You haven't even been offering commentary. You haven't said a damn thing. Everyone here, until it got out of control, was putting real and valid viewpoints down on the table, and you shot them all down. You're not sure what questions you've been avoiding because it seems you haven't taken the time to consider them. Every time something in your direction comes up, you steer it back to your original question. A conversation that doesn't go anywhere is not a conversation. It's just you being a douche. If you don't have the time to consider our opinions fairly, then you should probably focus more on your Sunday, and stop wasting your and our time.
Old 10-07-2012, 10:50 PM   #80 (permalink)

Quote:
Then what are you? You're being aloof and "mysterious". It's like you're flirting with high school cheerleaders, or you're a vampire (the Twilight kind that sparkle in the daylight). By giving non-answers, you're really not helping your case. Lay down some understanding. Drop some knowledge. Otherwise, everything you've said here is worthless.
Short answer, I'm Christian. Describing my Dogma in full would require an amount of time no one has on an internet forum. And as I said before, I didn't want to make this a religious discussion as such a discussion does not translate at all over the internet.