Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 09-27-2010, 12:21 PM   #21 (permalink)

I really like Spartacus: Blood and Sand, (I think on Starz) as long as you don't mind fight scenes that look like cheap 300, and Xena gets naked, which is worth a laugh.

Always Sunny just started back up

Tosh.0 is still hilarious, season finale next week
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:22 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by banger316 View Post
Family Guy- The funniest show on tv
I always found watching Family Guy to be frustrating. Most of the flashback jokes have great set-ups but they seem to always fall short on the punchline, like the time Stewie traveled halfway across the country to hit Will Ferrell (I think). The joke took about 2 minutes (an eternity for a 30 minute sitcom), had nothing to do with the plot, and didn't deliver on the funny. And the only character I really enjoy watching consistently is Brian. Stewie got annoying quick, and I hate Peter Griffin with a passion.

Community is a great show. NBC, if you have any dignity left, do not cancel this show.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:47 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerous View Post
terriers was quite slow but may grow on me .
I have to, respectfully, disagree here. I actually find this show quite good.

The interplay between the two leads is pretty fun.
Old 09-27-2010, 12:59 PM   #24 (permalink)

As a TV junkie I'm happy to help.

New Shows-
The Big C- I'm loving this show! It has the same sense of humor as "Nurse Jackie" and it keeps a light but practical mood when dealing with cancer.

Lonestar- Has potential. It also has Tyra from "Friday Night Lights" and the Paul Walker lookalike from "Popular" in and its interesting to see them in other roles.

The Event- seems like a mix between "Lost", "24", and "Flash Forward". The first episode was interesting but I felt it jumped around too much. I'm going to give it a few more episodes. It also features Luke Danes from "Gilmore Girls" (he's aged weirdly, it took me a while to recognize it was him)

Boardwalk Empire- watch it, love it.

My Generation- has potential. It's interesting to see how the events of the last decade have affected the class of 2000 but I couldn't get over the fact that most of the characters had no idea what their old classmates were up to. If a film crew followed you and 9 others around for a year and said they were going to show up 10 years later, wouldn't you be Facebook friends with your fellow documentary buds? One girl was a super lawyer in Washington DC and had no clue her ex-boyfriend was married. She never ran a background check, Facebook stalked him, or Googled him out of curiosity?

Hellcats- such a girly guilty pleasure about a 5'9 "edgy"(I use that term lightly. She wears jeans and a leather jacket) girl becoming a flyer for a college cheerleading squad.

Returning Shows:

Dexter-still great, one of my favorite shows.

Mad Men- if you haven't seen it, get it on Netflix and catch up. It keeps winning Emmys for a reason

Modern Family-still great

Community- I was very happy to see Community kept its same sense of humor and didn't fall flat like some shows tend to do in their second season. Major props to them spoofing "Shit My Dad Says" (oldwhitemansays), Donald Glover for Spiderman, and not having Betty White say ridiculous sexual innuendos.

The Amazing Race- great as usual, makes me want to travel

Teen Mom- the best show ever made. Kuddos to Morgan J. Freeman for thinking that shit up!

Oh and Medium Brumski I'm pretty sure Spartacus is going to get canceled since the main actor has cancer and dropped out of the show.
Andy Whitfield Cancer Spartacus: Blood and Sand | dailystab.com

Last edited by RachaelBachael; 09-27-2010 at 01:02 PM.
Old 09-27-2010, 04:57 PM   #25 (permalink)

The cancer went away! They were going to do a prequel while he recovered but they might just cancel that now and go straight into season 2 of Blood and Sand. I loved the first season! Exactly what I want from TV; a bit of tension and intrigue, and a ton of tits and swords.

Mad Men just appears to be people standing around looking stylish and pouting. I have enough drama queens in real life for that to be entertaining. I'll look into the new shit though!

Edit: Oh, his cancer came back again. He'll cameo in Gods of the Arena though apparently.

Where Does Godzilla Poopcast :: Steam :: XBL: Space Indaver :: ** KATG Playmates **

Old 09-27-2010, 05:41 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medium Brumski View Post

Tosh.0 is still hilarious, season finale next week
no

and implying it was ever anything reminiscent of humor
Old 09-27-2010, 07:22 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfalsh View Post
no

and implying it was ever anything reminiscent of humor
Well look at this Negative Nancy. Your opinions aren't fact, brah.
Old 09-27-2010, 08:12 PM   #28 (permalink)

I’d definitely recommend How I Met Your Mother, House and Dexter.

How I Met Your Mother is nice and light. It has a good plot and is consistently funny. Neil Patrick Harris steals the show as the womanizing, narcissist Barney Stinson. Jason Segal and Alyson Hannigan also provide a lot of hilarity.

House is the same controversial, intriguing and slightly offensive show we’ve grown to love. It’s snarky and gripping, basically, the same show we’ve seen over the past few years. If it’s not broke, don’t fix it.

Dexter. I don’t think I even need to say anything. If you’ve never seen it, do yourself a favor and go get the first few seasons on dvd, you’ll either thank me later or worry about how people could enjoy a show like that
Old 09-28-2010, 12:44 AM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diglass View Post
The paintball episode and Halloween episode were both top notch.
Just watched the paintball episode...welp, time to re-visit some John Woo films.
Old 09-28-2010, 06:36 PM   #30 (permalink)

I like the Event so far.

There's a few that I can't seem to find up here but look forward to finding on hulu when I'm back in your lovely country this winter.