Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 06-03-2006, 07:35 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue eyes
The commercials are mind numbing. Why do we as a consumer society put up with those damn commercials?
We time shift almost everything we watch (which amounts to maybe one show a week). Since the vids sit on my hard drive I run the files through "VideoReDo Plus" and cut out the commercials.

If its something I won't watch that day I divx the files.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 02:41 AM   #22 (permalink)

For sci-fi, try the Emmy-nominated Battlestar Galactica (BSG). Season 3 starts in October. Before then, you should probably watch the earlier shows since there are a lot of ongoing plot lines.

BTW, if you're normally not into sci-fi, BSG is different in that it's heavily character-driven. The special effects play a relatively minor role. And there are no aliens, it's all about the conflict between humans and their out-of-control robot creations. (Note to self: cross-post to HUAR forum.)
Old 06-04-2006, 10:39 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue eyes
The commercials are mind numbing. Why do we as a consumer society put up with those damn commercials?

Free yourselves while you can
I have a tv in the basement that's attached to my DVD player. No cable, no nothin. It keeps me sane. I only watch tv shows if they're on Netflix, or if I can get ahold of them in some "other" way.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:53 PM   #24 (permalink)

I think I'm in love with all of you. :-) I'll try each an every show mentioned in this thread, thank you guys!

Too bad there are so few new TV shows though... :-(
Old 06-04-2006, 08:34 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuck
I think I'm in love with all of you. :-) I'll try each an every show mentioned in this thread, thank you guys!

Too bad there are so few new TV shows though... :-(
I agree, I think the network could create some off color or a short lived series to run during the summer.

I Think they believe you will get caught up with other shows you failed to watch during the regular season.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:54 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spooky
deadwood starts june 11.
Oh Yea. Deadwood.

"Cocksucker."
Old 06-04-2006, 10:54 PM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by william
Oh Yea. Deadwood.

"Cocksucker."
Sigh, I heart that show, but it's pretty much confirmed that this will be the last season. The creator of the show has another show that will be on HBO, and he decided to focus on his new show, even though HBO then offered six episodes for the next season to tie things up. Maybe they may go with someone new at the helm, though the actors also are not contracted for the next season, if there were one, so bad times.

Entourage I can't wait for, and just finished watching both seasons again to get myself back into the mood. Rescue Me is good, especially the first episode of the latest season. The Shield I just started watching and am impressed with. House and Grey's Anatomy I'd recommend, and anything on HBO. Well, anything apart from that new live sitcom that will be starting soon which seems a bit blah. For anyone that is interested, the new Dane Cook show is also starting on HBO, but personally I'm not that big a fan of his, or the general idea of the show.

Of the new shows, there aren't really many that seem amazing. The second season of The Contender should be decent, same with 30 Days, and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, which I haven't watched, but it is talked about a lot. Weeds I'm looking forward to. Just based on what Patrice said maybe Windfall will be worth trying,

And it's a bit gay of me, but I can't wait for the new season of Project Runway.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:08 PM   #28 (permalink)
haz

I always liked dead like me, 24, CSI, dead wood (COCKSUCKA!!!) black books, spaced, fawlty towers, the IT crowd, family guy, drawn together, firefly, the venture bros, trigun, home movies, aqua teen hunger force, mind of mencia, ali G, robot chicken, american dad, south park, you know the usual. But the only way to watch any of this stuff is to download it so its commerical free. just be careful, ever since the pirate bay got their servers raided, torrents might be a bit too mainstream to be all that safe. ARRR MATEY, they can never catch all the pirates
Old 06-04-2006, 11:20 PM   #29 (permalink)

Robot chicken is pretty awesome. I own a few DVDs.
Old 06-04-2006, 11:27 PM   #30 (permalink)

The Pirate Bay is actually back online.

I just finished watching the first season of American Dad, and am now a fan of the show. It really is a lot better than Family Guy, mainly in that it has an actual story, and that it doesn't rely too heavily on pop culture references. The only thing I don't like about the show is Klaus, but other than that, it's one of my favorite shows.