Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 04-08-2010, 04:08 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
Picard, where do you shop that you spend more than $100 on dress shirts? Doesn't H&M have dress shirts? UNIQLO?
The only dress shirt I have that I like was $60. So I figured they must all be fairly pricey. Ideally I'd like to find a nice dressy shirt for $30-$40 that has proper fit and finish. It's hard to find a nice shirt where the breast pocket isn't the same width on every size the shirt comes in, making it look ridiculous on someone with my frame.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 06:35 AM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee View Post
All of the stuff is in Midtown this year

Old 04-09-2010, 09:17 AM   #23 (permalink)
Dee
54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

william, if you need directions, totes let me know
Old 04-09-2010, 09:21 AM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gumby013 View Post
Yeah, never take the black cabs from the airport. Last time I flew home into JFK they tried to get me out of the yellow cab line. Wanted $120 to bring me to Flushing..... The yellow cab was $21 including tip.
agreed - Anyone at the airport trying to sell you on a cab deal is a scammer. There are specific lines (and official signs leading you to them from baggage claim) for the yellow cab line. The scammers can be persuasive, but they are always full of shit and looking to prey on anyone who looks like a tourist.

On the other hand, I once had to get to La Guardia very early in the morning, and called up a car service for an appointed pickup. That was very reasonable. (I think it was $10 from Astoria, but I could be wrong).

Like someone else said - if you're trying to get into Manhattan, take the bus. It's cheaper. A cab ride from la guardia to Manhattan has usually cost me $25 with tip.

MoMA is great and I loved central park, but most of my trips have been for work and I usually end up in random bars and german restaurants rather than going for tourist stuff.

Old 04-09-2010, 01:35 PM   #25 (permalink)

I agree about the car service, well worth the extra few dollars.

Have fun for me, everyone!
Old 04-09-2010, 02:50 PM   #26 (permalink)

I agree about the Uniqlo thing. It's the only Uniqlo store in the U.S. and they are very cheap for their quality. Nice denim in all different colors and styles are $40 bucks, and I always get my socks there. Its 4 pairs for $10 bucks. Favorite store in NY for quality and price.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:34 PM   #27 (permalink)

Be on the lookout for Wilding. Try to say "Wil'ing" so you fit in. Having a gun will also help you partake in this unique cultural phenomena.
Old 04-09-2010, 09:54 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanfear View Post
One of the discount designer shops might be worth checking out:
Loehmann's (c) 2010

Filene’s Basement – Where Bargains Were Born
Add Century 21 to that short list the men's section there is amazing for dress shirts/ties/nice mens gear in general...if you do hit Uniqlo make sure to hit the J+ Jill Sander mens wear it's great quality for a secondary line outsourced to another company....It's the back right hand side of the store by the dressing rooms, it looks like that part of the store is curtained off but it's there.

Also to the Original Poster do not hail a cab in the crosswalk...it's grounds for manslaughter

Last edited by Patrice; 04-09-2010 at 09:57 PM.
Old 04-09-2010, 11:03 PM   #29 (permalink)

For clothing walk down 28th and have your ears open. You will come across good things. Try not looking up at the pretty buildings while doing so, as that is the typical give away you are not from here... And when the nigga that is going to sell you a pack of shirts at wholesale price but, first you take you into an alley so the cops don't see ya, you want to look as comfortable and I do this all the time as possible... If reading this scared you a little try Uniqlo...
Old 04-11-2010, 11:53 AM   #30 (permalink)

This is a little thing that I just thought of: When you're walking around Manhattan, take a quick glance behind you before you come to a dead stop. There's a good chance that somebody's on your heels, and you can really fuck up the pedestrian traffic flow. At first I was the one doing it, and by the end of the year I was the one cursing the people who did it.