Latest Episode
Play

Go Back   Keith and The Girl Forums Keith and The Girl Forums Talk Shite

Talk Shite General discussion

Old 01-21-2009, 01:24 AM   #51 (permalink)

Really?

All excited about an inauguration?

Like anything is going to change?

We're just trading one brand of fuck ups for another.

It's not like hes from the "Great hope for all mankind" party. He's a Democrat with a capital D. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

He's smart, he's aeriodite, and politically savvy. With all that said he is still a politician I have yet to see one that had my best interests ahead of their own.

Happy hope is a fools delusion. Good luck Suckers.
(Offline)   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 01:38 AM   #52 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kattywhompas View Post
"browser settings incompatible" indeed
Old 01-21-2009, 08:49 AM   #53 (permalink)

Noah, I'm just plain tired of all the old cynacism and pessimism. I agree that if we all just suck it the fuck up and make some real, honest, hard efforts we can pull it back together. It's the epitome of corny, but can we all just believe in ourselves again? We can either sink in this shithole or climb our way out of it. I, for one, feel like getting a little dirt under my nails, ya dig? I want to eventually come out of this more triumphant and glorious than we've ever been. We're the United States of America for Christ's sake!

On another note, I was glued to Obama's tushy during the first dance at the Neighborhood Ball. He's got rhythm. I bet he can turn it OUT!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aunt_helen View Post
Laugh a little, chigger. The world is a fun place.
Old 01-21-2009, 09:42 AM   #54 (permalink)
2020 Marathon Kickstarter Backer2019 Marathon Kickstarter Backer24-hour Marathon 2018 Fundraiser Backer24-hour Marathon 2017 Fundraiser Backer47-hour Marathon 2016 Kickstarter Backer57-hour Marathon 2015 Kickstarter Backer38-hour Marathon 2014 Kickstarter Backer54-hour Marathon 2013 Kickstarter Backer

I thought this was interesting:

Word Cloud Analysis of Obama's Inaugural Speech Compared to Bush, Clinton, Reagan, Lincoln's - ReadWriteWeb
Old 01-21-2009, 01:01 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahfingway View Post
Really?

All excited about an inauguration?

Like anything is going to change?

We're just trading one brand of fuck ups for another.

It's not like hes from the "Great hope for all mankind" party. He's a Democrat with a capital D. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

He's smart, he's aeriodite, and politically savvy. With all that said he is still a politician I have yet to see one that had my best interests ahead of their own.

Happy hope is a fools delusion. Good luck Suckers.

Yes but one of the main, like top 3, jobs of the president is to be the spokesperson for the country. Our world image is damaged because bush is not an eloquent speaker. Last night on the Daily Show they showed clips of Bush speaking and Obama literally saying the same thing in his inauguration speech. Obama just made it sound better and didn't sound like he was going to have a tantrum at any moment. Obama is poised and rational and won't get goaded by the press to say something dumb like "I'm the Decider!!!" or stumble over his words bad enough to have entire calendars devoted to his dumbness. Biden on the other hand...lets just hope obama doesn't get shot.

Besides people are excited for a multitude of reasons, being the first black president (even though I say Lincoln and Clinton took care of that) is exciting as I'm sure having the first gay president in 60 years will be, or the first Asian president which I'm sure will happen first, etc. etc., no more Bush, trying to end the war.

I'm optimistic but at the same time realize that everything won't become rosy overnight and that most economic things aren't the President's fault. With that being said the first couple of years in a Presidency have been paved by the past president and the current one can either fix or change the problems or leave them be. Bush had to deal with Clinton giving no funding to national security and 9/11, Obama will have the war and the shitty economy. I say give it a year or two before you can expect the "change" Obama has been promising. It won't happen overnight.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:07 PM   #56 (permalink)

Location: Gran, you might have noticed that my boyfriend glitters. It's just something that he does in the sun
Quote:
Originally Posted by RachaelBachael View Post

#6. Though I'm glad he's gone, President Bush has been very gracious and classy these last few weeks.
Until yesterday, he hadn't had a formal press conference in like, 6 months.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:12 PM   #57 (permalink)

Yep, here's some of that "Not change" people say will happen.

Guantanamo judge suspends 9/11 case prosecutions - CNN.com
Old 01-21-2009, 01:27 PM   #58 (permalink)

Biden: "I have to give it? (oath to senior staff) My memory is not as good as Justice Roberts."

*senior staff groans, Obama squeezes his arm to cool it*

Good play there Joe.